Wiki Posts
Search

Cal-Coast Racing League

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Chris,

That's great news... Is that Jim Bishop's deal or somebody NEW?

I'm still putting things in place over hear... I started things in motion very slowly about a week after our July 19th Pizza meeting.

I finally got ahold of the NIPOMO School people last week - and received the school paper work this past wednesday SO now I get to look it over and (I can see exactly WHY and WHY Mark and Brian) were having difficulty w/ the Schools. (What a bunch of CRAP)

I'm having Surgery this Wednesday - so I don't know how much I'll get done this week, but I'm hoping we'll have insurance in place and be able to lock in at least ONE Sunday per month over the next 5 months (Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan) I figure that will give us a good start.

If we can get the first one scheduled...I'll continue to look for other locations, because I don't like what I'm seeing or reading from the HIGH SCHOOL...although it can be made to work.

Three weeks ago, I thought for SURE we'd be able to do one TODAY (Sunday Aug 26th) and I was hoping to be able to bring some local racers from Santa Maria Speedway into the event in the way of a small car show... It didn't work out - which SUCKS because the SMSpeedway season is winding down quickly and we probably won't get that opportunity again until after APRIL of '08.

One of the things I'm hoping we can do - at least at some point...is bring OTHER things to the 'races' to help pay for the site..and help us continue the program.

My next OVAL races are

Sept 8th - Bending Corners Raceway - Orange County
Oct. 13th - Encino Velodrome - Encino
Nov. 10th - Metro R/C Speedway - Bakersfield
Dec 8th - Encino Velodrome - Encino

With all these events NOT being on my normal 3rd weekends (which is the normal weekend my SWTour series runs) - I'm hoping it will allow me to target the 3rd weekend of each of those months, along with the 3rd weekend of Jan. for "LOCAL" racing.

www.centralcoastrcracing.com
Old 08-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Let'z race!

Joe,it's great to here from you.It sounds like encouraging news,but are you able to find some help with this whole project? It sounds like major work! It will be my pleasure to spread the word over here in the valley once you've got some race dates. I have a few racers asking about racing at the coast at every race I've been attending.Tulare County RC is Ron Fisher's program,but Jim's been the source for our VHT at our races.Jim races with us every chance he gets.Ron puts on a very well run event.Driver's meeting to the last main.Cycle Art's program is run very much the same way,Dickie also runs a great show.The new Losi mini sliders look like a blast!!! Dickie runs a class for them in rtr trim.....Yes I will have to get one...........or two!HA HA! As I said before I'll keep watching the forum and your web site.As always,see ya at the races!Chris S.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Let'z race!

Joe, this is a p.s. to that long winded post.Good luck with your surgery.It is my sincere hope that all goes great!I think the last time we talked was back in Oct. and I let everyone know I would'nt be seeing them for a few months due to my own appointment with the knife and saw. Double knee replacment.Everything could'nt have gone better.It went so well I ask myself why did I wait so long? Enough about me. I wish you well my friend. Chris
Old 08-28-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 213 (100%+)

I'll be glad to see you guys when things get back going there.Let me know what I can do from here. We just finished a big project at Freedom Park Raceway, and I've got time to breath again.... for now....
Old 09-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just so everyone Knows

New Thread

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=181161