Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Central Coast Racing (Nipomo, CA)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Central Coast Racing (Nipomo, CA)

....just a quick update for the "LOCAL" racing scene...

We've received INSURANCE paperwork from Big Boys Toys (Thanks MATT and DONNA), and submitted the application to the NIPOMO HIGH SCHOOL. They are supposed to let me know tomorrow (Thursday) if we'll be able to do it THIS WEEKEND...

I know this is short notice - but this is one of the weekends I had opened and had hoped to get things moving by...so hopefully we can make it work (Regardless of Turnout)

If the School District Office approves our use permit for this weekend, we'll have a pretty informal gathering on SUNDAY.

There will be NO entry fee charged for this days event (although I'll gladly accept donations to help pay for the site permit)

The most import thing is GETTING something laid down...and getting some faces back on the track...and this should help get the ball rolling.

....NO Pre-Registrations will be required, but if you think you might be able to make it....drop me an email.

Thanks for being patient...

Joe Myers
www.centralcoastrcracing.com
Old 09-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

...ok, another update...

After submitting the application, insurance and application fee...we've still got some red tape to work through before we get to fire up our first deal in Nipomo.

Sadly, it won't happen this weekend...(Starting to get frustrated now) As this is the third proposed weekend I've wanted to shoot for... (They say things come with timing...and I hope that TIMING is getting close)

This 'red tape' will give me more time to have ALL the I's and T's in their correct position for NEXT month I do beileve...

We should be able to do a FULL Fall/Winter Schedule...(Oct - Jan) weather permitting.

Joe Myers
Old 09-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We have an opportunity to be involved with the "Cruzin for Life" benefit car show on Sept. 29 and 30 at the Raddison Hotel in Santa Maria.

I do believe it's a Saturday only deal.. Small track....

The Cal-Coast Racing League was supposed to be involved, but since they are no longer together as a group we have the chance to step in and demonstrate R/C racing. This is from their web site...what they are looking for.

Central Coast Racing League: A full display of radio controlled “RC Cars” racing thru a special constructed track.

Besides the resident RC pros demonstrating their racing skills, Cancer survivors will test their driving prowess as they compete in a special “Survivor’s Challenge Cup” race.

Representatives from Central Coast Racing League will be available to answer your questions about this unique motor hobby!

Old 09-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Any Racing up there yet??? Any responses from racers that are showing interest ???

Thanks
Old 09-30-2007, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Mike,

We did a small 'exhibition' race today at the car show at the Radisson Hotel (Cruzin' for Life)

Great number of spectators - had I believe 8 maybe 9 racers, several running 2 or 3 classes.

It was a fun day - and great exposure for RCRacing...

I just set up a small OVAL track - I thought about making a small road course as well, but wanted the track to be fairly easy to drive today.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Smile SM Oval Racing

Joe

Thanks for putting on the race today - I know it was a lot of work,

It forced me to cycle my batteries and dust off the cars - that have
been sitting in poly storage boxes for almost a year.

I'm even more encouraged by your efforts to run at the Nipomo high school.

The lipo brushless format slowly plods along while the ludites bemoan the benefits of what is obviously the future.

Let us know how we can assist to get the racing back on track.

Bill
Old 10-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

I booked the High School in Nipomo today for Oct. 21st. I should know hopefully by FRIDAY if all is a go.

I'm hoping we'll have enough guys to do both On-Road and Oval...

LMK what you plan to run if you can make it.

NOTE: Instead of the rear of the parking lot, we'll be up toward the front...and I can use a hand with surface cleaning Sunday Morning for sure (It looks pretty dirty)

Bring your generators, tables, tarps, cords..and lets get some racing ON TRACK~!

...anybody have access to a OUTHOUSE or Portible Toilet? It would be nice to have one a little closer...

Old 10-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default racing

Hey Joe,

Are you on for racing on the 21st still? I will be there to help if you are. Is all the raingutter for the onroad still in the trailer? Are there screws to get it put together? I think there were pvc pipe sweeps for the corners also, they there to?

Let me know what to bring if you need anything.

Orrin
Old 10-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Orrin,

It looks like we ARE a GO for Sunday.

Rain Gutter IS still in the trailer w/ PVC..and I've also loaded all my 3x3 down spout...so we have LOTS of track materials. Should have plenty of SCREWS too.

I'm going to try to get up there and mark off our spot sometime Saturday (We'll be up towards the FRONT of the SCHOOL now)
Old 10-17-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

I hope we have a good turn out for this one... then again any thing is better then nothing...

Lets get the party started........................
Old 10-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default racers?

Any of the tricounty racers like Blake, George, Jeff and others going to make it out this weekend?
Old 10-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Shopkeeper
Any of the tricounty racers like Blake, George, Jeff and others going to make it out this weekend?
There is good chance that you guys will see me out there this weekend
Old 10-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

cool looks as thou we'll have a good turn out....

George is a Maybe last I heard

Spread the word Guys Let everyone know we are racing
Old 10-20-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the feedback.

Jay says he will go also.

I hope to see you all there.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

...in what was one of the windiest days I ever remember...we DID get our first race in Sunday.

Thanks to Tom Kendall, Bryan, Orrin Jensen, Jim McBeth and everyone else who helped setup and tear down the track..and clean the parking lot on such a windy day.

I believe we had just 10 racers, and we did 3 classes...and even though the wind wasn't much fun (Destroying my CANOPY) the racing was a blast...and it was nice to get off a Local Event..and only have a short drive home.

It looks like all of our "Red Tape" issues have been covered and it should be much easier to get our future dates.

I will be putting in the application this week for dates in November, December and January.

Nov 18
Dec 16
Jan 20

These are the 3rd Sundays of those months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.