Old 08-26-2008, 11:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Next race Coming up Soon

SUNDAY - Sept 7
Old 08-27-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That's right - I hope everyone has a GREAT Labor Day Weekend this weekend...then comes on out for some racing NEXT Sunday...

If you are looking for something to do this SUNDAY - Santa Maria Speedway is having their 14th Annual Danny Simkins Memorial and there should be some great DIRT OVAL Racing along with what is supposed to be some great weather.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default racing this sunday

I am looking forward to racing again, its been about a month since I raced last. I have collected some more oval things, not sure what I will have ready for this weekend but I will have something. I think there should be four of us from my area making it also. See ya then
Old 09-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a spec class over here. Kinda like the trans am series http://www.usvintagetransam.com/

Only even easier all the same chassis,same motor, and same batteries. With all the hype on the Traxxas slash Ive been posting on all the local threads, seening if anything like this would be fun to them. A long time ago I raced a couple spec classes and had a blast. Super fun and super easy. Just the way I like my RC.

If any of you guys think this may be fun please post your comments and suggestions. But please remember part of the fun of spec racing is the low cost. And super cool brushless lipo stuff is great if youve been in the hobby for awhile. But a RTR a kid can go buy for 200.00 and RACE IT will get a ton more hooked in the hobby . Trust me Ive been trying to shake this addiction for YEARS.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Orrin,

I see you've even got JAY looking at Oval Cars -

Ryan,

I have no problem at the moment running virtually anything we can make a class out of (except Nitro)

I don't know if guys who are already running would be interested (most of us already try to run 2-3 classes already.

I've actually been wanting to put 2-3 TC's together and try running somthing similar to the VTA deal. I'd probably start it w/o using the VTA rules...just to try to get it on the track...and if it looks like something guys would be interested in - slowly move towards the real rules (wheels, tires, etc.)

(I love the look of the 'Vintage' paint and bodies...and even I may be able to make L's and R's at that speed.)
Old 09-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default Spec Oval

The problem with spec classes and everyone running the same equipment is that it highlights your driving skill too much, sorta like Earnhardt now having the best equipment like Jimmy and Jeff and still not winning........like maybe it's the driver?

I've been running Joe's Nipomo events in 19T pan oval >> L4 and the
touring car oval class, the touring car oval is a good entry class and with front wheel drive is easier to set up and learn the groove and rythm w/ a CF TC3 with nitro foam tires - little more forgiving IMHO. - I admit - I suck at driving, but it's another class to get some track time.

See ya'll this Sunday
Old 09-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looks like I'll be able to make it Sunday for 21.5 as well. Joe, if you'd like, bring the car Bryan will use in 21.5 in Lindsay and I'll take a look.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Ahh come on Joe, everyone loves Nitro.Until you have to mantain the thing.Personally I loved my nitro cars but the mantainance on the damn thing was killing me on time.

This is why Im trying to get some kind of electric spec class going. Ive done it before and its easy and fun.

And Ducati-Racer the spec part is part of the fun. The fast guys are always fast they always will be. But with more cars the have to deal with traffic more.

All Im saying is its a blast Heres a pic of a old Bolink Sport I have that we raced in Hawaii Any motor stock Bolink tire and dynamite sport packs. Trick was getting the thing geared right to last 5mins(and this was 13 years ago) And we ran Old bodies Mine was a Tornio

Old 09-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

One more Really no adjustments to be made just trying to wheel them around the track.

Heres another spec class I raced it was tamiya F103s it was kinda fun but the guys that were into WAY to into F1 I ended up beening asked to leave cause my car was painted like a real F1 car. But it was fun even raced in the rain like real F1 cars

Guess now Im off to find a cheap TC car to come and race with you guys. Anyone have any suggestions. Cheaper the better and a roller would be good cause I have all my own elecronics and a 19 turn motor
Old 09-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Na, I doubt its Jay

I thought there was going to be four of us going but its down to two, oh well.

Does the onroad guys in Lindsay have a forum or thread somewhere?
Old 09-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Orrin,

I found out it wasn't Jay, but someone in the So.Cal. area w/ the name "STOREY" who's looking to join the SWT races.

I haven't found anywhere where guys are really posting much info for the On-Road in Lindsay. Mike that briefly had a track in Kingsburg is the one running their races. The carpet is the old carpet from the STOCKTON track, the layouts are good (they got the layouts from Ruben @ Stockton) and the Lindsay facility is incredible. Now, they just need MORE racers.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Ok so Im thinking I might need to get in on all this but Im a TOTAL NOOB on on road stuff. And Im going to try to poorboy as much as I possibly can. I already found a pan car(rc10l3 good no good?)And Im sure I can get a touring car pretty cheap. My question is which one first and tire choices. Im planing on running brushed motors and NiMh batteries. If you dont feel like clogging up the thread please feel free to PM me. And which one first pan or touring?
Old 09-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

Ryan,

NiMh would be ok for Touring if you are going to do Road Course.

For oval - I'd pick up a USED Lipo, before I'd go NiMh. A lipo charger if you don't have electric is almost cheaper. (We're running the ORION 3200 Lipos in the Pan Cars)

If you already have a NiMh charger, than Nimh is ok...it's just harder to be consistant...and it takes more battery packs.

Pan Car - Tires: Usually 3 PINKS (lf, lr, rr) and a Purple to a Double Purple on the RF. We can go a little harder on the compounds if the track is perfect...but to start the PINKS give plenty of traction.

I'm not sure what the tire of choice is on the TCs these days.

OVAL PAN CAR: Motor/Battery Combo
if you are going to run NiMh than a 4 cell battery with a 19t motor is the closest to what we are running.

OVAL TOURING: Those guys are all running something different. I think most are running motors that are too fast for their driving. (Mostly a MOD type motor)

On-Road Touring, I believe those guys are running 13.5 Brushless w/ 6 cells, (or LIPOs) For a brushed motor, I'm thinking a 19t would be ok there.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Race Results from several of the NIPOMO Races have now been posted on our web site

www.centralcoastrcracing.com

Click on the RESULTS link, and select the Month.

For the upcoming Exhibition Race at the 'Cruzin for Life' car show (Sept. 27th @ the Santa Maria Fairpark), this I believe will be an OVAL ONLY event. The track will be small, and we'll probably be running the cars a little slower. (Since it's an exhibition..we want the racing to LOOK GOOD)

We are also trying to get together a group of TOURING cars - to run 'Vintange Trans-Am' style bodies. I think the LOOK of the HPI Vintage Camaro, 'Cuda and Mustang bodies will look really cool for that event.

Some time in the future (Soon) I'm hoping maybe we can add this class to the NIPOMO races on the Road Course...using the rules set up by the "Vintage Trans-Am" club.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Tamiya spec F103

Roadrunners runa Tamiya spec class for the F103, basically lipo or 6 cell with a silver can stock Tamiya motor (on-road)
we play on the oval with them as well
We had a spec pan class with most of the cars being some 20 years old, mostly open wheel cars with 4 cells and 10.5 brushless up dates,
then alot of people bought NEW cars and ran full bodies either DP or Grand am and pretty much killed that--
4 cell open whell is a blast as is the Tamiya --
Maybe Joe could get with Jared at Camarillo--(Roadrunners) and do a event at the track--we have a sweet tri oval with a surface that hooks up - just a thought

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.