Wiki Posts
Search

Stockton RC Raceway 5th Annual northwest Carpet Champs

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
Jaun had a six second head start in the main!

From what I remember these were the fastest laps of the day from qualifying and mains:

Fred 11.2 Brushless
Clint 11.3 Brushless
EJ 11.4 Brush
Juan 11.5 Brush
John 11.5 Brush
AY 11.5 Brush

There's nothing more quantifiable then lap times, and by looking at this (only my perspective) it doesn't seem brushless has a tremendous advantage on the track. Clint and Fred may just have a better setup. Like Juan proved, you still have to drive it.

The potential problem that could arise is it's easier for racers to cheat when using a brushless motor. As a racer I'm not going to worry about this. I'm confident that Ruben and the accomplished STRC tech crew will do a good job.

That seems about right. When Sean Williams and Fred ran Brushless at SoCal, their fast lap times were 2 to 3 tenths faster than the field. That's a lot when you consider a 5 minute race. I really don't care since it sounds like there are a few of you running brushed motors. It's fine if it's oK with everyone else...
Old 01-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by racenut123
You have the worst luck with Jaime! Look! Wally just got "Jaimed" on the last lap!

That last message was hard to decipher. WTF? Stop drinking the bong water.
If you cant figure it out go take your meds, you will feel much better.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

But it makes slow people able to compete.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GTRtuned
That seems about right. When Sean Williams and Fred ran Brushless at SoCal, their fast lap times were 2 to 3 tenths faster than the field. That's a lot when you consider a 5 minute race. I really don't care since it sounds like there are a few of you running brushed motors. It's fine if it's oK with everyone else...
Actually, I don't see any advantage yet. Just cause they hit that lap in the race 1 or 2 times and the rest was the same as the rest of the field. Who cares. We all qualified within a couple of seconds of each other.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

AY shouldn't you be working?
Old 01-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
But it makes slow people able to compete.
Good luck AY im looking for you to take this one down.How much is the entry for this two day event anyway.?Two classes , two bowling trophy's and not even a T-shirt.Sounds like the Nats in Florida , NOTHING hand out anymore..
All the new blood will be broke after they go to one National event, track owners need to go back to handout style races like it used to be..At least for 70 bucks at the Reedy you get T-shirt,motor but now the tires are out too..
Old 01-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

EJ ........ who the hell is the STRC crew? STRC was the last ownership, PLEASE don't mix us up with that. It's the SRCR or the Stocktown crew that will take care of tech as we have done so many times in the past.

Bitter ....... "about the money" dude if you think this is about the money for me then I finaly found someone that needs their head examened worse than me. This will never be about the money, never has been, never will be. I can make more money putting the same amount of time into work than I do at the track. I do this out of passion. I did this because I didn't want to see a track that I worked so hard to help become the success that it has go away when our previous owner made a carrer change and moved out of the state. And as far as handout races go, more than likely that will never happen again. We can do a handout race with $70 entries and give a t-shirt and motor, but you don't get those things for free, you're paying for them in the entry. Who pays $70 to go to a race that aint the Nationals or the Reedy? And if all you're getting in a $70 entry is a motor and t-shirt then the race promoters are making money off of that as well. I really don't see myself ever doing another national again, to much work with to little payoff. As for your comment regarding hadout tires and your own crew I'm not following that one. The only handout tire race we've ever done on carpet was the 01' ROAR Carpet Nationals otherwise it's always been open rubber tire at Stockton until last season. Really wish you and some of the others were comming, you guys will miss out on a great race. BL or BR I know one thing for sure, after this weekend the BEST DRIVER will be the one with the WIN.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by schurcr
EJ ........ who the hell is the STRC crew? STRC was the last ownership, PLEASE don't mix us up with that. It's the SRCR or the Stocktown crew that will take care of tech as we have done so many times in the past.

Bitter ....... "about the money" dude if you think this is about the money for me then I finaly found someone that needs their head examened worse than me. This will never be about the money, never has been, never will be. I can make more money putting the same amount of time into work than I do at the track. I do this out of passion. I did this because I didn't want to see a track that I worked so hard to help become the success that it has go away when our previous owner made a carrer change and moved out of the state. And as far as handout races go, more than likely that will never happen again. We can do a handout race with $70 entries and give a t-shirt and motor, but you don't get those things for free, you're paying for them in the entry. Who pays $70 to go to a race that aint the Nationals or the Reedy? And if all you're getting in a $70 entry is a motor and t-shirt then the race promoters are making money off of that as well. I really don't see myself ever doing another national again, to much work with to little payoff. As for your comment regarding hadout tires and your own crew I'm not following that one. The only handout tire race we've ever done on carpet was the 01' ROAR Carpet Nationals otherwise it's always been open rubber tire at Stockton until last season. Really wish you and some of the others were comming, you guys will miss out on a great race. BL or BR I know one thing for sure, after this weekend the BEST DRIVER will be the one with the WIN.
I meant SRCR!
Old 01-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by tboned_2002
Wally, I shouldnt have generalized that if you race at SoCal then you cheat. I should of pointed the finger at who I thought were cheating instead.

Anyways you asked when you cheat what do you get out of it? I guess it would be finishing higher then a true 19t motor. This all depending on driver skills of course. I know the last time I was out there, this dude crashed his car in the main dropped down to like last,(which in SoCal terms is like a 1/2 to 1 lap down) came back and finished like 2nd or 3rd. And it wasnt due to driving skills or car handeling.

Bullshit. its all driver !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by schurcr

Well how much is it for two classes?And what do the racers get..? ARE there any doors prizes this year ? I had a ticket if I remeber it didnt win shit... The last time I was up there everybody was building tires not ONE person ran tires that were OUT OF THE BAG. The ONLY reason I went is because it was a hand out tire race.Ya Jason won BOTH classes with tires given to him by AY, and after all that these two guys are not even Homies.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

they are homies... how much homo do you want them to get!!

bagged tires?? what race was that?
Old 01-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
Well how much is it for two classes?And what do the racers get..? ARE there any doors prizes this year ? I had a ticket if I remeber it didnt win shit... The last time I was up there everybody was building tires not ONE person ran tires that were OUT OF THE BAG. The ONLY reason I went is because it was a hand out tire race.Ya Jason won BOTH classes with tires given to him by AY, and after all that these two guys are not even Homies.
Last time you were up it was an open tire race. Those in the "know" were using Pit 27s. Those days are gone now and they are only allowing RP30s or RP24s.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by dal bains
they are homies... how much homo do you want them to get!!

bagged tires?? what race was that?
Get you facts right dood..Jason told me to bring CS 27s and I should be fine.
Thats what I did and got waxed, half a second a lap faster is hard to beat.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Old 01-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Suspended

If you only knew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.