Wiki Posts
Search

The Coliseum at HobbyTown USA

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 108 (99%+)
Default 1/12th Compound Tires

What is the preferred 1/12 scale front/rear tire compound at the C?
Old 09-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
Mojoman!! what classes are offered for the "C squared" race on the 19th??

what is the schedule for saturday and sunday?

Arv.
Hey Arvin,

The Sedan Challenge is Touring Car Stock and Super Stock, 1/12 scale Stock and Super Stock, a VTA class and a WGT 13.5 class all classes will follow ROAR rules. Link.

Hope to see you there,
Old 09-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by swimbikerun
What is the preferred 1/12 scale front/rear tire compound at the C?
Jaco yellows and purples. As far as I can remember.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Casey.. got it thanks man!! i may be late but will contact you on my plan.

see ya there!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by e-zer
Get them ready and come on out for some midweek fun. Beginners, 21.5, and 17.5.
My attempts to 'fine tune' the suspension did not go so well. My car is now tracking differently on throttle and off throttle. On throttle my car drifts left and off throttle my car drifts right. If I trim to adjust the on throttle response my car drifts further to the right when off throttle.

I'm still planning on coming out tonight but I will need some help from the veteran guys as I can't seem to figure this one out.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by double_green
My attempts to 'fine tune' the suspension did not go so well. My car is now tracking differently on throttle and off throttle. On throttle my car drifts left and off throttle my car drifts right. If I trim to adjust the on throttle response my car drifts further to the right when off throttle.

I'm still planning on coming out tonight but I will need some help from the veteran guys as I can't seem to figure this one out.
Any chance you have a tc5 with the "slipper spool" in the front?
Old 09-10-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Any chance you have a tc5 with the "slipper spool" in the front?
Yes, I have a TC5. I'm not sure about the slipper spool as I purchased the car used. Would I need to take apart the spool to verify if it's a slipper spool.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey double green, i have a setup sheet for you, also, if you do have the slipper spool, get rid of it and get the real spool, the slipper spool slips to much, the hoff saw that first hand.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I just put a ball diff in my mini and it does same thing. Did I set it too tight?
Old 09-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

how good is your steering servo... with lower level servos, centering of the servo is really lacking in power. thats what i have seen with new drivers coming out to race. drive their car finding out the servo is weak for the type of application, and causing the car to wander all over the place. or the servo saver is not tight enough...... some racers spend a lot of money on the car but rather put a cheap servo, the result is steering "holding power" is just not enough or speed is too slow.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'd have to go along with Arvin on this one. The problem you describe sounds like a servo problem to me (probably broken spline teeth). Check the model number on your servo. You'll probably find that its one of the bottom line servos. The part number usually ends in 102 if it's Airtronics or Futaba.

Last edited by Geppetto; 09-10-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
how good is your steering servo... with lower level servos, centering of the servo is really lacking in power. thats what i have seen with new drivers coming out to race. drive their car finding out the servo is weak for the type of application, and causing the car to wander all over the place. or the servo saver is not tight enough...... some racers spend a lot of money on the car but rather put a cheap servo, the result is steering "holding power" is just not enough or speed is too slow.
Arv, this sounds sooooooo familiar . I'm tearing down the mini tonight and going over it so it's ready for Sat. Hopefully you bring yours and we have enough to run.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for all the responses. I'll do my best to provide relevant information that may be useful to this troubleshooting effort.

I have a Futaba S9550 servo and I'm using a Futaba 3-PK FASST tx/rx. The car was tracking straight prior to me 'tinkering' with the suspension. Specifically, I adjusted the ride height, downstops, and droop.

My initial assessment was that I had incorrectly set the height, dropstop and/or droop settings on each side of the car. I didn't even consider a broken servo (spline). I'll need to look into this area of the car tonight.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:19 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Thanks for all the responses. I'll do my best to provide relevant information that may be useful to this troubleshooting effort.

I have a Futaba S9550 servo and I'm using a Futaba 3-PK FASST tx/rx. The car was tracking straight prior to me 'tinkering' with the suspension. Specifically, I adjusted the ride height, downstops, and droop.

My initial assessment was that I had incorrectly set the height, dropstop and/or droop settings on each side of the car. I didn't even consider a broken servo (spline). I'll need to look into this area of the car tonight.
One thing I found on my TC5 was my ballend actually would rub just bit on the bulkhead at the top. Take a close look to see if it rubs anywhere as this will also cause a centering issue. I ran a slipper spool but outdoors and getting it to go straight was sometimes a little bit of a problem.

Another thing is to check you ball cups are loose on the ball studs. If one is tight abd binds this will cause a huge problem in trying to get the car to track straight for you. Check all you links feel smooth on the ball studs. Another thing is make sure you rims don't rub on the steering ball cup or at the top area of the caster block. If the original owner changed to different ball cups and they are bigger they can rub. The also can rubon the steering arm if the ball cups are RPM as they tough in the middle and cause an issue. I had this problem on my TC5.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Also check:
* Shock length, spring length, preload length, piston and fluid inside shock, tire inserts and condition, application of tire sauce- all can cause on power drift
* Droop, ride height- both can cause off-power drift
* Balance front to rear, balance side to side- either can cause either on- or off-power drift

Set front end alignment to go straight when the car is coasting, then resolve the suspension issues. Could be the weirdo spool, but I'll go along with what others have posted on that as it's not something I've had to deal with previously.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.