The Coliseum at HobbyTown USA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Coliseum at HobbyTown USA

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Default FROM THE #1 UNDESPUTED RC ANNOUNCER IN THE WORLD!!!

SCOTTY, THIS IS WHY YOU ARE #1 AT WHAT YOU DO IN THIS INDUSTRY...MUCH MUCH RESPECT TO YOU MY FRIEND.

THANKS FOR YOUR EAR

REGARDS,
T.MARSHALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know of a couple things for this weekends TCS race at Trackside.

I have spent that past couple of days trying to read through all the post and get a feel for what is going on in the series. After reading all the threads and post and talking to many participants in the series I do notice one thing. Mabuchi Motors have definitely become a issue and as they have done at past events, we will be setting an RPM Limit for our event.

For the Trackside TCS Event this weekend. We will have a 13500 MAXIMUM RPM limit. This will be tested with a Much More Motor Master that Fred will bring with him from Tamiya. We will set the voltage at 5 volts.

During the event we will randomly check motors after their heats or finals. When requested, the racer will need to remove their motor in the technical inspection area. Tools will be provided.

After inspection if a motor exceeds the Maximum RPM Limit, that run will be disqualified. there are no gray areas or what if's this is the process we will be following.

I don't want this event to be decided by somebodies skill in tweaking sealed, closed endbell motors supposed to be SPEC type racing. Let the skill of the driver be the deciding factor, not the speed of the motor.

The TCS Series was started with the spirit of FUN, REALISM AND SCALE APPEARANCE in appreciation of the wonderful quality products that Tamiya produces, and I want that to continue.

Over the years the series has grown to be the best and longest running RC Series in the world. All of us at Trackside are proud to still be hosting this series and an event that everyone looks forward to.

Some might complain as to only receiving this directive 4 days before the event, but those that complain I can guarantee you they have a stack of motors in their pit box that they can choose from.

Also for F-1 Division. We will be using a 3mm ride height on these cars. Teched before your heat.

Also Jack the Gripper tire additive is the only additive we allow hear at Trackside.

So please except this rule as to what it is for. To keep the event in the Spirit of what the TCS race series was founded on. Fun.

I look forward to having everyone join us this weekend for what will again be another great TCS at TRACKSIDE!

Have a safe trip.
Scotty
Old 03-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default ken

Hey Ken, pm sent your way
Old 03-25-2009, 05:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Our TCS is over it is what it is, was what it was.... It was a great race at the "C". Yes the motors are a big problem as grown adults want to fight over RPM's that a very basic simple motor puts out, take Hanson's motor. He had the fastest lap on the track the whole day. True it was in an F103 car but I believe that his motor was only turning just over 10K. The whole TCS experience was at one point just to have a fun FREE race, but every year the motors come up. I think its great that Trackside is putting their foot down about the RPM limit, but it changes nothing here at the "C". To anyone heading to Trackside this weekend good luck to you all.

Joe

P.S. Every year we go through this.

Last edited by TaJoe5; 03-25-2009 at 05:18 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jct108
Does the C require you to have some type of lipo containment (ie. liposac)?
Yes, we are a ROAR rule track. I think the last time I was in the shop they had a few liposacks in stock.

Last edited by TaJoe5; 03-25-2009 at 05:19 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TaJoe5
Our TCS is over it is what it is, was what it was.... It was a great race at the "C". Yes the motors are a big problem as grown adults want to fight over RPM's that a very basic simple motor puts out, take Hanson's motor. He had the fastest lap on the track the whole day. True it was in an F103 car but I believe that his motor was only turning just over 10K. The whole TCS experience was at one point just to have a fun FREE race, but every year the motors come up. I think its great that Trackside is putting their foot down about the RPM limit, but it changes nothing here at the "C". To anyone heading to Trackside this weekend good luck to you all.

Joe

P.S. Every year we go through this.

See this is why I quit running TCS,all the motor drama is retarded.I'll be back if they ever decide to run handout motors,easy solution to a long time issue. I miss the good old days of TCS
Old 03-25-2009, 06:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default silver can motors at tcs

The problem with handout silver cans is which class would hand them out. If all silver can classes were handout, then you would need about 80 similar spec silver can motors. I am not sure how feasible that is.

I have another suggestion:
1) Novice spec: Since novice spec is a novice class, you could use handout box stock silver cans, no prep, nothing.

2) Mini: this is one of the biggest problem areas with silver cans because with fixed gearing, rpm rules. I would make this a handout motor class with the following rules:
a) $5 charge per entry to cover the motors.
b) After the first round, I would swap the silver cans in reverse qualifying order (last place gets the first place motor, etc.) Before the main, I would swap out the motors for drivers within each heat (a-main 10th qualifier gets a-main 1st qualifier motor etc.)

At the start of the tcs season, I would ask one of the motor builders to prepare 40 motors and simply use those as handouts at all of the tcs events for the mini class.

This would solve the entire motor issue in mini once and for all.

3) gt3: the issue here is that the motors can be geared to the moon and worn out after a few runs. For this class I would have tamiya resell tuner motors for $40. If you want to go fast, you have to pay, same as now.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Excellent ideas bill !!!!!! I agree 100%
Old 03-25-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'll never miss TCS again; you have my word....

Old 03-25-2009, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
Casey, got a couple of Q's for ya

1. Does the C have any Jaco blues in stock that have the updated insert? if so how much?

2. if we come up to practice during the week, do we still park in the back?

hope to be comin up thurs. for some practice.

thanks
Hey Mike,

What's up? No we don't have the new tire in stock but will hopefully be ordering some before the race. You can park in front but it's a lot easier to load and unload in the back.

Thanks,
Casey
Old 03-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Casey,

Do you have Jaco blues and greens in stock?

Mark
Old 03-25-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by munrath
Casey,

Do you have Jaco blues and greens in stock?

Mark
Yes we do. Both.

Casey
Old 03-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcterp
I'll never miss TCS again; you have my word....

Quack, Quack....
Old 03-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sorry guys, just got home from work and I'm whipped. I've worked the last two weekends and have to work the next two, so in a month's time I will have had 4 days off. hopefully then I can get back to the "C" and do some racing with everyone. Later Dave, btw Randy is looking for a used TA05 if anyone has a used one for sale.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mojoman
Yes we do. Both.

Casey
If you're talking about the rubber pre-mounted, "Blue" there's at least one less set now.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

senior spec guys I got the motors

do we have a head count of people running spec this weekend

back to our rules allowing HPI X-patterns again.....

See everyone at the "C" This weekend.

---Travis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.