Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Coliseum at HobbyTown USA

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: The Meeting tonight on future rules

Remember the first post on this forum? “Our store and track are geared toward families and I want this thread to be clean. My wish is that children and teenagers would be able to participate without parents getting upset with the content.” We seemed to have lost sight that this is to be “Fun For All”, not a “Free For All. Tonight we, the racers and the HobbyTown staff, took steps to regain the Fun Factor while retaining some semblance of order.

After a lot of interesting discussion, we came up with some compromises and ideas to make this more open to mixing technologies in the club races. The goal is to increase participation through attracting other racers and initiating newbies to the hobby. The rules are going to allow both 27T brushed and brushless as well as NiCd, NiMh and Lipo batteries in the same class with some restrictions. Not all of the details are finalized yet, but a general agreement (not complete consensus, but close) was reached concerning what the racers were willing to live with in 1/10 scale stock, 1/12 scale and Mini Coopers. A Spec class was also talked about as a way of making it easier for new racers to enter into the fun and keeping the playing field relatively even.

When a special event such as a race sponsored by a company or an organization occurs, their rules will apply. TCS rules for TCS races, ROAR rules for ROAR races, etc. Future point series rules or even its existence has not been decided yet.

Some additional research is needed before the rules are finalized. We, the staff, will finish the details and post them on our website within the next day and certainly they will be posted at the track Saturday morning. We will also post a link to that site page on this forum. We know those who did not come are waiting for the outcome, but be patient. It will be good for the store and for the racing community. You may ask why we even set up this meeting instead of just saying this is the way it is. As you may know, the owner is not a racer - his trains go slow and that is the way he likes it. This meeting was to meld ideas on how the experienced racer and the novice, or the mechanic and the engineer can co-exist and still allow all to have fun and keep the track open. We think we have a workable solution.

Thanks to all that participated both at the meeting and through your posts.

The staff at HobbyTown USA
Old 11-15-2007, 09:51 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I would say you guys nailed it then. You can only help your track out by doing this as it catters to you and old school racers. Now if the darn economy would pickup that would help us all out.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Sounds great! Good times
Old 11-16-2007, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You know thats great and all but a little to late for some of us.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

For all those interested. There will be a club race on the 24th of November. This is the weekend after Thanksgiving.
Thanks,
C
Old 11-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GroffBall
You know thats great and all but a little to late for some of us.
It's never too late.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Coliseum
OK, we have our kevlar vests on....

The proposed rules are now on our website. They are proposed to allow one more shot at us before we make it final for the year 2008. Constructive comments will be taken through this weekend and then it is over!

RC Car Race Rules
PERFECT

Looking forward to Thanksgiving weekend at the C
Old 11-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RC Race Rules

The proposed rules are now on our website. They are proposed to allow one more shot at us before we make it final for the year 2008. Constructive comments will be taken through this weekend and then it is over!

RC Car Race Rules
Old 11-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default New rules

To the coliseum crew and all of the racers:
Thank you very much for taking the time and making the effort to come up with the new racing rules. I am confident that the new rules will help grow the coliseum's racing turnout and will attract even more racers to the best indoor asphault track on the east coast.

Thanks to all.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Sounds good to me, The James bros will be there saturday
Old 11-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Sportsman Body types

Originally Posted by The Coliseum

RC Car Race Rules
Does Hobbytown Frederick sell Kevlar vests? If so, I always wanted to buy one.

The rules look great!

I am a kid and newbie advocate here. I take great joy in seeing the smiles on their faces.
Only one small thing here. I recommend that the body rules be opened up for the sportsman class to "Any painted body shell". I know it means the world of a difference for a newbie racers, especially a kid, to learn to race or come out and have fun with a realistic looking body such as a Tamiya NSX or 350Z. I know when I was a kid, I bought my first scale car because it was a BMW. Plus, most beginner racers, (which will most likely start in the sportsman class), will probably by a RTR kit. Most RTR kits already come with a non sedan body. This is a great way to get new racers into the C without spending additional money for a new body shell. I don't see any speed advantage to this change in allowable body types for the Sportsman class. Most likely running a non sedan body will have less downforce. Anyway, at sportsman speeds, downforce is a moot point.

Thanks again for producing the best set of rules at the best indoor asphalt track!
Old 11-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Question,If I decide to return to the C to race mini will I be allowed to run a chassis from a different manufacturer?It is identical scale to the M-chassis but is awd.It can be converted to FWD or RWD.Also,would weight be an issue?
Old 11-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Devon, I have my Tamiya 4 AWD TL01 mini cooper that I built... According to what you posted I could run that one....

I do like the weight clause in rules and hope they will be followed by everyone...
Oh I won't be racing until the I start felling better... This weekend is out ( got Drs app. tomorrow morning and another different Dr. Monday morning ).. Hopfully next weekend I'll be better by then....

Last edited by Nova F1 Racer; 11-16-2007 at 04:11 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 11-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Devon, I have my Tamiya 4 AWD TL01 mini cooper that I built... According to what you posted I could run that one....

I do like the weight clause in rules and hope they will be followed by everyone...
Oh I won't be racing until the I start felling better... This weekend is out ( got Drs app. tomorrow morning and another different Dr. Monday morning ).. Hopfully next weekend I'll be better by then....
Yeah the wife had a pretty bad sinus infection this week too.She said she felt like her head was in a vise.I thought I may have had to take her to the ER scared me to death shes on meds now though.Hope the doc hooks you up med wise.Anyways,would you and I have to run against each other?,or would we be in a certain class based on speed or time?
Old 11-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedemall
Yeah the wife had a pretty bad sinus infection this week too.She said she felt like her head was in a vise.I thought I may have had to take her to the ER scared me to death shes on meds now though.Hope the doc hooks you up med wise.Anyways,would you and I have to run against each other?,or would we be in a certain class based on speed or time?
Yeah, my sinuses are infected and the last time it was this bad they drilled a hole right next my my nose so the puss and crap could drain out, took a week for it to get it all out then 2 steroids shots after it was all better...

Then Monday it the eye docs about a growth in the corner of one of my eyes that my wifey-poo says its not normal and have it checked out...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.