Wiki Posts
Search

The Coliseum at HobbyTown USA

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 03:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
It was alot of fun to race with you on that last lap, hopefully we'll do it again soon, but probably not this weekend, i will be working on getting my new car tuned in so i can get an advantage over them guys that race on that carpet stuff all joking aside, we are very privileged to have this track as our main track, i got my start in RC here and have never had any issues with any of the people, i have always gotten the help i need when i need it. Props to Ed for running such a smooth program to! He does an awesome job of it
well spoken,ed is definetly a smooth operator(talkin about as race director dont get it twisted lol).i have been out of the hobby for a while up untill last year and i think that the thing that hurts the hobby more than anything is how hard it is for a newb to get started.it is def nice to see everybody steppin up to help those in need especially at johns in gb and at the c.i was able to jump right back in like i never missed a beat after a 10 year absence.i couldnt have done it without you guys being so helpful.thanks to john b ed z and all the racers
Old 02-21-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Talking

But mine looks like the real one.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vicko
But mine looks like the real one.
slow like the real one too.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by masterchangho
well spoken,ed is definetly a smooth operator(talkin about as race director dont get it twisted lol).i have been out of the hobby for a while up untill last year and i think that the thing that hurts the hobby more than anything is how hard it is for a newb to get started.it is def nice to see everybody steppin up to help those in need especially at johns in gb and at the c.i was able to jump right back in like i never missed a beat after a 10 year absence.i couldnt have done it without you guys being so helpful.thanks to john b ed z and all the racers
I agree with the difficulty I had in getting back into RC after about an 18 year break. So much had changed since I last ran that I didn't really know where to begin. Ed and Randy were two of the first people I talked to that steered me towards getting the right car to clear the cobwebs. The entire gang at the C is a great bunch. From a little oil here, a set of springs to try out there, class acts all around.

Wife is starting to cringe though. One car became two, which was almost three had she not been sitting next to me when Ed was selling his old VTA car Saturday night.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by masterchangho
I'd like to add my voice to the praise for the staff and racers at the C. I came back to RC after a 20 year layoff. Everyone has been willing to help me understand new technology and encourage me to keep plugging away at relearning long dormant racing skills. Ed Z., Ray k, the Banks family, Casey C. and many others have helped me and other new racers when they needed it. The C is truly a great place to race and have fun.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Agreed completely. I hadn't driven electric cars since the early 90's. I did run nitro about 10-11 years ago, but that is a totally different world.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me to re-learn some things I'd forgotten and also for seperating my cash from my wallet and filling up a shelf of cars that I can run at the "C"
Old 02-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jethroz
I agree with the difficulty I had in getting back into RC after about an 18 year break. So much had changed since I last ran that I didn't really know where to begin. Ed and Randy were two of the first people I talked to that steered me towards getting the right car to clear the cobwebs. The entire gang at the C is a great bunch. From a little oil here, a set of springs to try out there, class acts all around.

Wife is starting to cringe though. One car became two, which was almost three had she not been sitting next to me when Ed was selling his old VTA car Saturday night.
No worries, Ed Z always has a car for sale. Next vta is yours.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

What are the current rules for Mini? TCS? Motor? Tires?

I hope to make it out this weekend or next.

Thanks
Chris
Old 02-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gruman28
What are the current rules for Mini? TCS? Motor? Tires?

I hope to make it out this weekend or next.

Thanks
Chris
Chris, right now we are still running open rules on mini although most of us are running tcs trim. Come on up and have some fun with the mini.

Dave
Old 02-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default Tires

What are the legal tires for 17.5 sedan. Thanks
Old 02-21-2012, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

The C has been really great, and the place has a reputation that extends beyond the MD borders... last time I was in my home state of Florida (couple months back) I stopped into Superior Hobbies and caught up with a few old racing peeps, Big ole' Michael Bruce (a former Roar Nat. Champ) heard me mention the Coliseum and his eyes lit up... "I've run there!!!!" dude had great things to say about the circuit. I concur.

The A/C stays on, but the action is "hot"... I got one for Mr. Ricky

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

You know I'm just kidding
Old 02-21-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustMe
What are the legal tires for 17.5 sedan. Thanks
anything for now. we have been in between tires for like the last year now but most will tell you that the solaris hards are the best most consistent tires. I agree with them 100% myself.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nf_ekt

The A/C stays on, but the action is "hot"... I got one for Mr. Ricky

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

You know I'm just kidding
Now that was funny
Fire & Ice
Old 02-21-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JUGGIN
Now that was funny
Fire & Ice
You need to put that in your sig haha!
Old 02-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Roll call for Saturday

17.5 blinky

Spec gt
1. Ricky
2. William

Mini
1. Ricky

VTA
1. Ricky

Any other classes add them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.