R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum-6/)
-   -   Northern Ohio v.s. Southern Ohio. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/127457-northern-ohio-v-s-southern-ohio.html)

twoh 08-29-2006 08:32 AM

Northern Ohio v.s. Southern Ohio.

Who would like to start a rivalry between the Cincinnati Crowd and Cleveland?

I am proposing a race between the Gate(Awesome facility) and The World of Hobbies(Awesome Facility).

We will have a race in December and one in March. We will fight over a 5 foot trophy. Race fee cheap and trash talking expensive.

Let me know if we can get some interest. I think we have two of the best tracks and would like to have a good old fashion Ohio throw down.

Tom.

rayhuang 08-29-2006 08:39 AM

Hey Tom,

Sounds good. I top gun type series!!

btw-are you hosting the TCS race again in 2008?

Ray

twoh 08-29-2006 09:15 AM

I believe.

I plan on it. It is such a fun race.

twoh 08-29-2006 09:17 AM

Trophy.

I was thinking the trophy would go with the winners. WE could get one for 1/12 and TC. The trophy would go to the shop that won it. We could do a points based on where people finish. We would leave enough room to engrave names .

or8ital 08-29-2006 09:57 AM

Is this really necessary? We already know Sourthern Ohio is the best in everything (Bengals better then the Browns, Reds better then the Indians, St X better then all the HS football teams up there).

:)

OK, so I started the trash talking. Guessing I wont be recruited to race though.

Why not include the Columbus racers? The Y-City/Platinum racers may wanna team up.

McSmooth 08-29-2006 10:00 AM

Can the Pittsburgh crew get in on this and take that big trophy back with us?

We have 5 other nice, shiny ones that would keep it company.

http://media3.steelers.com/MediaCont...phy1_62712.jpg

or8ital 08-29-2006 10:14 AM

No, we are scared you might take cheap shots at our legs while we are racing! :)

twoh 08-29-2006 10:23 AM

Now we are talking.

I am not sure where columbus would go. I am sure we could fit them in. If we draw a line mid state then go by were you reside. I would love to factor the pitt guys in on the race.

twoh 08-29-2006 10:24 AM

Nice and shinny.

Originally Posted by McSmooth
Can the Pittsburgh crew get in on this and take that big trophy back with us?

We have 5 other nice, shiny ones that would keep it company.

http://media3.steelers.com/MediaCont...phy1_62712.jpg

Show no envy. :) Big Ben is an Ohio Product.

McSmooth 08-29-2006 10:26 AM

I knew that would drive the Bungle fan crazy.

Funny how the fans were quite happy with Kitna when he had the team up by 10 in the 2nd qtr after throwing 2 TD passes.

Funny how nobody outside of Cincinnati calls it a cheap shot. Even Bungle players themselves said it wasn't dirty.

"I know him. He's not a dirty player. His momentum just kept him going into Carson. It wasn't a dirty play." - Willie Anderson, Jan 7, 2006

:ha: :nod: :p

rayhuang 08-29-2006 10:26 AM

The race must have one rule-no points if you dont run at every track!!!

Keith Billanti 08-29-2006 10:30 AM

What about toledo?

or8ital 08-29-2006 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by McSmooth
I knew that would drive the Bungle fan crazy.

Funny how the fans were quite happy with Kitna when he had the team up by 10 in the 2nd qtr after throwing 2 TD passes.

Funny how nobody outside of Cincinnati calls it a cheap shot. Even Bungle players themselves said it wasn't dirty.

"I know him. He's not a dirty player. His momentum just kept him going into Carson. It wasn't a dirty play." - Willie Anderson, Jan 7, 2006

:ha: :nod: :p

Its just funny to get the Steelers fans rialed up by calling it a dirty hit :) I dont think anyone in Cincy really thought it was...

rayhuang 08-29-2006 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
What about toledo?

Is there a carpet track in Toledo?

or8ital 08-29-2006 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Is there a carpet track in Toledo?

Where is Toledo? Is that in Ohio? :)

twoh 08-29-2006 10:58 AM

This is not

Originally Posted by rayhuang
The race must have one rule-no points if you dont run at every track!!!

This i not a point series. Points will be given by finishing position.

e.g. 1st 10.
10 1.pt.

That day you take or keep the trophy.

twoh 08-29-2006 10:59 AM

I would say.

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
What about toledo?

absolutely. I think Toledo would be part of Cinci, but the Cleveland guys might complain.

Greg45231 08-29-2006 11:04 AM

Might get a little tough for everyone if we get too many tracks involved.

Commitments with the regular racing season and then to try and do this would put a strain on things.

But you could just make it a roaming trophy. Say your track wants bragging rights then offer up a challenge to the current trophy holder. Hold a race and see what happens. Register the racers to a certain track for a season so there are no "Free Agents".

Also, don't limit the race to two shops. If a roaming band from Cleveland wants to take a shot at your track for the trophy so be it. If we want to come get it back to it's rightful home at WOH then we saddle up and go race.

Cool Idea Tom.

dr_hfuhuhurr 08-29-2006 11:05 AM

Don't forget about us in the middle? You could probably throw Platinum Hobbies in Columbus in the mix.

McSmooth 08-29-2006 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by twoh
If we draw a line mid state then go by were you reside.

Just use Interstate 70. Goes right through Columbus.

And to show I'm an equal-opportunity offender, I offer this gem for the Browns fans:

dr_hfuhuhurr 08-29-2006 11:08 AM

There ya go...one up north, one down south. Finish it off in Columbus.

twoh 08-29-2006 12:03 PM

Interest

If someone could let the Man at the gate(who is in charge of events) know about the, Have him send a pm on my forum at www.theworldofhobbies.com. Send it to the administrator. I would like to get this setup. Also, Platinum you are in give me a pm.

RTolle 08-29-2006 12:07 PM

Why don't you make it one race every year at the end of the indoor season? When you register you must include a home track. Points are allotted to the track who wins each class. The track who scores the most points then takes the trophy and scores homefield advantage for the next season. This way anyone in Ohio can participate.

Of course it may not work as WOH would never lose the trophy or homefield advantage.

CypressMidWest 08-29-2006 12:19 PM

I like Fall at the Gate, Spring at WOH, and a January race at Platinum.

RichChang 08-29-2006 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
I like Fall at the Gate, Spring at WOH, and a January race at Platinum.

3 races... in the midwest... sound like some series that used to run? Something like the words "Triple Crown"? ;-)

I think the people allowed to race in this showdown have to live within "x" miles of what they consider their home track, and/or participated in a certain number of events at that particular track in order to call it their home track.

But, what do I know - I'm from Michigan. Heck, we traded Toledo for some land up north. haha!

-Rich

brianrice 08-29-2006 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by RTolle
Of course it may not work as WOH would never lose the trophy or homefield advantage.

:eek:

CypressMidWest 08-29-2006 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by RichChang
3 races... in the midwest... sound like some series that used to run? Something like the words "Triple Crown"? ;-)

I think the people allowed to race in this showdown have to live within "x" miles of what they consider their home track, and/or participated in a certain number of events at that particular track in order to call it their home track.

But, what do I know - I'm from Michigan. Heck, we traded Toledo for some land up north. haha!

-Rich

I don't live close to any of them, so would a bloodoath suffice?

dr_hfuhuhurr 08-29-2006 01:07 PM

Wouldn't you qualify as a "free agent"? Start up the bidding ;)

twoh 08-29-2006 01:08 PM

My Idea

My idea was once race takes all. Once in the Fall, once in the spring.

I think point series get stick and take away from local attendance. Plus the price of gas.

If TWOH loses it in the fall, we will have to go get it back in cleveland in the spring. No matter what we will rotate the site. That's the fun. If cleveland has it and it is TWOH's turn, then we would have home track advantage. This should be fun. Kinda like the Bloody mary contest on Cheers.

or8ital 08-29-2006 01:08 PM

Can Dayton choose between Cincinnati and Columbus? Junior and Mike are on our (Dayton) team! :)

or8ital 08-29-2006 01:11 PM

Depending on how many people are needed for a team I think Dayton could represent even without a home carpet track. Could we have a team without a track? We will travel...

CypressMidWest 08-29-2006 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by or8ital
Depending on how many people are needed for a team I think Dayton could represent even without a home carpet track. Could we have a team without a track? We will travel...

That goes back to the whole bloodoath thing :lol: Everybody always leaves the Dayton folks out, of course many of the Dayton guys probably claim WOH as their "home" carpet track.

or8ital 08-29-2006 01:19 PM

Perhaps if Toledo has a following we could have 5 teams compete (Dayton, Cincinnati, Toledo, Columbus and Cleveland). That sounds like a lot of fun! Guess the issue becomes where does the trophy live if a Dayton or Toledo team wins.

Dayton I think would have some ringers so Cincinnati might object and want them.

CypressMidWest 08-29-2006 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by or8ital
Perhaps if Toledo has a following we could have 5 teams compete (Dayton, Cincinnati, Toledo, Columbus and Cleveland). That sounds like a lot of fun! Guess the issue becomes where does the trophy live if a Dayton or Toledo team wins.

Dayton I think would have some ringers so Cincinnati might object and want them.

Yeah, but they have the World's Quickest Quaker, Eli Ezrow, so their protest of a Dayton team would be roundly rejected on that basis alone. :lol:

CypressMidWest 08-29-2006 01:26 PM

Yeah, but they have the World's Quickest Quaker, Eli Ezrow, :lol:

Or is he Amish?

or8ital 08-29-2006 01:28 PM

Yeah, but they have the World's Quickest Quaker, Eli Ezrow, so their protest of a Dayton team would be roundly rejected on that basis alone. :lol:

Never heard Eli called that! FUNNY! That is true though. Dayton definately needs a team. Unless the rest of the state is scared of getting beat by a "small city"?

brianrice 08-29-2006 01:29 PM

What class would everyone be required to run? If the Cleveland crew puts all of our Mod guys in stock, I'll bet we have a pretty good chance to keep the trophy. Don't forget... we have Blackstock and Ciccarelo! :D

Keith Billanti 08-29-2006 01:31 PM

well, i think im the only guy in toledo.. so not much of a team.

but while your all talking.. why dont you just call it the CRL and join up with CEFX and Summit raceway??

CRL organizer i think has said the CRL was going to be held strictly at CEFX this year, which sux. If all of these other tracks were involved.. it would be somthing to be at.

Keith

CypressMidWest 08-29-2006 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by brianrice
What class would everyone be required to run? If the Cleveland crew puts all of our Mod guys in stock, I'll bet we have a pretty good chance to keep the trophy. Don't forget... we have Blackstock and Ciccarelo! :D

Class? 12th scale because it actually takes skill......

Dayton's got pretty good chance at that too, Norton, Pulfer, Doseck......

Columbus is pretty much screwed though............

rayhuang 08-29-2006 01:36 PM

Dayton's got pretty good chance at that too, Norton, Pulfer, Doseck......

Who are thos wankers??? I could beat them all with my eyes closed!!!
YOu might as well just give us the trophy NOW!! The GATE will rule all!!