R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum-6/)
-   -   Northern Ohio v.s. Southern Ohio. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/127457-northern-ohio-v-s-southern-ohio.html)

brianrice 08-29-2006 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Class? 12th scale because it actually takes skill......

We'll need to get Goetz a 12th scale then... :sneaky:

or8ital 08-29-2006 01:37 PM

Is it me or does Ohio have its above avg share of top racers? Why is that?

or8ital 08-29-2006 01:39 PM

Dayton's got pretty good chance at that too, Norton, Pulfer, Doseck......

Wow Im surprised I didnt make this list. Oh wait. I suck! :)

Greg45231 08-29-2006 01:40 PM

Ian,

We got dibs on Junior Norton, he has no choice. With him and the bearded wonder (aka Eli), Monti and Ryan Tolle we would have a good line up.

Greg

rayhuang 08-29-2006 01:40 PM

Theres only ne southern fried turkey I am afraid of...and he is the Wonder Beard, Eli EZZZAAAAAAAARRROOOOOOOOOOOOOW. ohhh-gives me chills just saying his name!!

Ray

or8ital 08-29-2006 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Greg45231
Ian,

We got dibs on Junior Norton, he has no choice. With him and the bearded wonder (aka Eli), Monti and Ryan Tolle we would have a good line up.

Greg

Except that he lives in north Dayton.

Greg45231 08-29-2006 01:48 PM

Wrong wrong wrong

He sleeps in northern dayton, he lives at whatever hobby store is having a race. Since we are always racing we get him.

CypressMidWest 08-29-2006 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by brianrice
We'll need to get Goetz a 12th scale then... :sneaky:

He can borrow somebody's, the problem is actually getting him to run it if you come up with one.

CypressMidWest 08-29-2006 01:56 PM

Ian,

Greg

Nope, He's from Dayton we get him. Believe me, I can convince him to take the bloodoath. The DYT shall RISE AGAIN!!!!

And Tell Monti to go back to oval, he did win 6-cell Mod at the Birds, so he should stick with what he's best at :lol:

Greg45231 08-29-2006 02:10 PM

Monti can turn right just as good as he can left. He won our stock touring race sunday against some heavy competition. Came from mid field to take the win.

This is a good thread, I hope something comes out of it.

I don't do any of the major races, just my home track. But I might go up north for a race if we a had a group that wanted to race. I wont add anything to the competition but somebody has to race in the B.

Greg

dodgeguy 08-29-2006 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by or8ital
Is it me or does Ohio have its above avg share of top racers? Why is that?

Tim it has been this way for years. It does seem that Ohio does have a very good off road and on road National level racers. :nod: Maybe it is the nuts!

or8ital 08-29-2006 02:43 PM

He sleeps in northern dayton, he lives at whatever hobby store is having a race. Since we are always racing we get him.

I dont know. Ive seen him more in Dayton then Cincinnati. Esp lately!

or8ital 08-29-2006 03:12 PM

Junior is probably reading this and laughing at all of us.

mackin 08-29-2006 03:29 PM

Toledo would be in good shape, don't forget you have the Greers.
chuck

Greg45231 08-29-2006 03:33 PM

He only laughs at me while I'm driving, tuning my car, charging my batteries, changing motors, checking for tweak, putting a pinion on, measuring ride height, getting my transponder.

I don't know when he finds time to tune his own car with how much attention he gives me.

Makes me nervous, like I'm doing something wrong.

or8ital 08-29-2006 03:55 PM

He only laughs at me while I'm driving, tuning my car, charging my batteries, changing motors, checking for tweak, putting a pinion on, measuring ride height, getting my transponder.

I don't know when he finds time to tune his own car with how much attention he gives me.

Makes me nervous, like I'm doing something wrong.

He pays attention to everything. I hit a wall and he tells me "2 ft". Not sure how he drives so well when he is watching every other car on the track. Whatever team has Junior would definately win the smack talk part of the competition.

:)

dr_hfuhuhurr 08-29-2006 04:28 PM

We need some of that Dayton talent...most of our fast guys are gone here in Columbus.

chubbspeterson 08-29-2006 07:29 PM

Im in.....

WOW...all this trash talkin and I just got here! Well count me in, I still have unfinished business with Eli, and then theres Pulfer..... and who ever else is out there. Heck I think it will be good that I don't have to race seaball and Herrmann all the time! and It would be nice to display a 5ft trophy at our finale race! I must say though "The Gate Team" looks pretty good.... :D

This might not be fair.......FOR THE REST OF YOU!

P.S. In my opnion, let the P.A. and "the state to the northwest I refuse to speak of due to the fact my nuts are BUCKEYES" Let those guy's in...the more the better for all the tracks! In fact is'nt the Raining Mich#@an State Champ From Ohio......I would be embarassed to live there!

santinuchi 08-29-2006 08:35 PM

yeah

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Who are thos wankers??? I could beat them all with my eyes closed!!!
YOu might as well just give us the trophy NOW!! The GATE will rule all!!

I like your ATTITUDE Ray!!!!! :nod:

santinuchi 08-29-2006 08:38 PM

chubbs

Originally Posted by chubbspeterson
WOW...

This might not be fair.......FOR THE REST OF YOU!

Yeah, and I like yours too..... :sneaky:

McSmooth 08-30-2006 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by chubbspeterson
It would be nice to display a 5ft trophy at our finale race!

Yes, the Pittsburgh crew would be more than happy to bring the trophy over to the Finale. :sneaky:

or8ital 08-30-2006 09:30 AM

Hmmmm did the thought of Team Dayton scare everyone off?

Greg45231 08-30-2006 10:24 AM

Nope, I think it was your avatar!

BTW, I just got finished negotiating a deal. You guys get the Bengals and we get Norton.

Fair enough?

Greg

or8ital 08-30-2006 10:36 AM

Oh that is why I turn off the avatars :). Mine scares me too.

We dont have a place for the Bengals to play. You going to move the stadium for us? Thanks for not giving us the Reds...

CypressMidWest 08-30-2006 11:18 AM

Nope, I think it was your avatar!

BTW, I just got finished negotiating a deal. You guys get the Bengals and we get Norton.

Fair enough?

Greg

I don't want the Bengals, Dayton doesn't need a pro sports team, so the Old Man stays with us. You guys can have David Lee though...... :lol:

scootr117 08-30-2006 11:33 AM

Ian........Why not a Springfield team??? Recuit CD,Jason,Don,Jim,Kieth,you and Papa Joe.....

rayhuang 08-30-2006 11:45 AM

Why are you in denial, why even keep trying, the answer is obvious.... The Gate WILL OWN this trophy. and for once in my internet blogging life-I am NOT KIDDING!!!

santinuchi 08-30-2006 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Why are you in denial, why even keep trying, the answer is obvious.... The Gate WILL OWN this trophy. and for once in my internet blogging life-I am NOT KIDDING!!!

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

CypressMidWest 08-30-2006 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by scootr117
Ian........Why not a Springfield team??? Recuit CD,Jason,Don,Jim,Kieth,you and Papa Joe.....

I consider Spfld to be a part of the "Greater Dayton Metropolitan Area", that way we get Pulfer, Doseck and Norton. Why don't we do North, South and Central teams?

or8ital 08-30-2006 12:32 PM

I consider Spfld to be a part of the "Greater Dayton Metropolitan Area", that way we get Pulfer, Doseck and Norton. Why don't we do North, South and Central teams?

Is Dayton South or Central? With the apparent lack of talent (or is it interest?) in the Columbus area should Dayton help them out?

santinuchi 08-30-2006 01:20 PM

hmmm

I know that i run the risk of getting bashed over this, BUT, the northern v.s southern is a phenominal idea, BUT in reading all of the posts involving who is racing for where it's loosing it's appeal with me, what can we do? My suggetion is this, Draw a goegraphical line thru the center of our WONDERFUL and full of talent state and where your home track is in relation to that line is where you represent...verbal abuse will be tolerated for this, a little bit :nod: :nod:

or8ital 08-30-2006 01:22 PM

We were just trying to make it fair for you guys up north by splitting up the southern teams but if you want all the top racers in Cincy and Dayton teaming up then Im sure they wont mind :)

santinuchi 08-30-2006 01:25 PM

oh yeah

And by the way I agree with Ray 110%!!!!!!!!! had to get my trash talkin' in too........ :nod: :nod:

or8ital 08-30-2006 01:51 PM

So who would the dream teams from each side be? If a side could get all their top drivers to participate.

For South-side sounds like

Junior
Eli
Doseck
Pulfer

Who else? Collins?

scootr117 08-30-2006 02:01 PM

If the line is I-70 then Springfield is "barely" north of it and Columbus is split in half......

TWOH........how about a newb class to even out all the who's on what team...have a combined kinda thing????

chubbspeterson 08-30-2006 06:45 PM

GATE DREAM TEAM

well if I got to pick my team....
Chicky-TC/ 1/12th
Herrmann-TC/ 1/12th
Seaball-TC
Buran-TC/ 1/12th
Blackstock-TC/ 1/12th
Rice- 1/12th
Gerber-1/12th
and Im sure there's a few more I could think of.... :sneaky:

wallstreet 08-30-2006 06:48 PM

you forgot that stunning fellow who tq'd and won the 12th scale stock class at the summer sizzler

MIKE WISE !!!!!!!!

EAMotorsports 08-30-2006 07:15 PM

Monti can turn right just as good as he can left. He won our stock touring race sunday against some heavy competition. Came from mid field to take the win.

This is a good thread, I hope something comes out of it.

I don't do any of the major races, just my home track. But I might go up north for a race if we a had a group that wanted to race. I wont add anything to the competition but somebody has to race in the B.

Greg

Yeap Monti can turn Right!!! But since I raced oval with him I already knew that!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He did good last weekend....although he did get a little help when the Top 3 were all wrecked on the first lap :flaming:

EA

Mike Pavlick 08-30-2006 08:54 PM

The gates got this Ray,Seaball,Chicky take the offer its a shoe in!!!!!!

RichChang 08-30-2006 09:22 PM

Don't forget about Jeff Switzer for the South crew. I am pretty sure he is still in Columbus and still racing.

Plus, maybe someone can get Rob Love out of retirement. :)

-Rich