Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TCS Qualifier at Aliso Viejo - 7/23

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Good racing with everyone in GT1.. I had a great time..

See ya's at the Nationals...

-O
Old 07-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Tech Initiate

I can't believe I even attempted to race a GT1 NIGHT race. Felt like a 24 Hr Lemans race....only thing you can see are the small spots where the lights illuminated the track!

And to top it off...any of you who raced the GT1 mains yesterday feel like the cars were DIALED no matter what tire you ran? I ran a 1 year-old set of type-A tires, and they hooked up w/ some mad traction!

Had a really good time at this TCS venue...luckily nothing broke on my cars this weekend. Can anyone post any pictures?
Old 07-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Good Racing, unfortunately I had bad luck at the start of GT2, My TQ was wasted due to a radio problem , thus causing the car to go out of control for a minute and breaking the spool.

Sorry about the bump Steve. Nothing intentional.

Fred,

Good racing , but I think we need to start at 9am sharp with race #1 and not 1030am . I went home instead of racing Gt1 due to the darkness and many others left as well.

Please revise the start times and put the concourse alot earlier.

Thank You,

Kevin Smith
Old 07-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Tech Adept

Cool

Ya i also had problems in the dark. It wa the first time i ever mad it into the A main and it gets to dark. i did try to fun it but i just ended up breakin parts. Fred said the finals are going to be 2 days and he also said that he mite make the next nationals 2 days also.

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Good Racing, unfortunately I had bad luck at the start of GT2, My TQ was wasted due to a radio problem , thus causing the car to go out of control for a minute and breaking the spool.

Fred,

Good racing , but I think we need to start at 9am sharp with race #1 and not 1030am . I went home instead of racing Gt1 due to the darkness and many others left as well.

Please revise the start times and put the concourse alot earlier.

Thank You,

Kevin Smith
Old 07-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Doc
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=lbckevin]Good Racing, unfortunately I had bad luck at the start of GT2, My TQ was wasted due to a radio problem , thus causing the car to go out of control for a minute and breaking the spool.

Kevin:

First and most important: Congratulations on TQ in GT2!!
I felt bad for both you and Steve after that incident. Horribly bad luck for you when you turned on the radio, and the same for Steve at the 180 when his race was done in the first turn. Everyone who saw this knows it wasnt intentional..... It was however, avoidable.... At that level of competition, even with a broken car, you've earned the right to make the decision and I dont think anyone can tell you what to do--- also, I would guess all of us have driven a 4wd RC car with a broken out-drive..... Having said all this, I do think both you and Steve would feel a lot better today if you hadnt started that race.

Not meant to flame, just an opinion.

bruce
Old 07-24-2006, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Bruce,

I totally understand. I did know one thing, Corey and Amish did not tell me what was broken, he say just "Wheel it" and it will be ok. I heard the loud sound and thought something was binding or CVD pin coming out (like my Xray T2), I drove it and it went fast, just had a horrible sound. On the start, it went well until I need to hit the brakes and it completely broke the front spool. After the race, Corey told me the delrin spool outdrive broke about 1mm on the end but the ring was still on there and I could have finished. I was bummed and upset with myself. I even chose not to run gt1 final in embarrassment and due to the darkness setting in ....

I am sorry for hitting your brother and also Arthur V for hitting him after. I have been racing for too many years to go out and cause a problem. I have raced at this and higher levels before. I was happy to not run the F201 this year and two time runner up and no win in that class. I look forward to the Nationals and not running the delrin outdrives ....

PS , Good run the the GT3 main
Old 07-24-2006, 03:26 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Looks like the body of choice for next year might be the ARTA NSX. Just in case the race goes into darkness again
Old 07-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Kevin... sorry about the radio bad luck! Good thing I wasn't there or you could've hit me too... JAS KIDDING buddy... just lightening up this thread.

But really, you'll definitely be a contender this year... your car was decent fast during qual, but what matters most is consistency (you'll definitely need that once the spec rules are applied at Nats). Juan was on his way into smashing your TQ in Q2 but look at what happenned... he was literally on fire, as was his soldering job (Juan, better bring Ling here for the nats, you need him to work on your car! J/K Oh yah, congrats on winning GT2 again and again and again... ).

So how many cars did run GT2? Not sure if Chris stayed... Sorry, I had to go home early. Had to do Daddy duties... would have been fun running with everyone in the A...
Old 07-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey Bruce,

Ron Schuur sorry I didn't get to visit while you were at Tamiya. Just wanted to mention that Kevin races regularly with us and although it sounds unfortunate he is a class racer from all my experience with him - for what its worth.

Next time you guys are in town let me know alright!

Originally Posted by Doc
[Kevin: First and most important: Congratulations on TQ in GT2!!
I felt bad for both you and Steve after that incident. Horribly bad luck for you when you turned on the radio, and the same for Steve at the 180 when his race was done in the first turn. Everyone who saw this knows it wasnt intentional..... It was however, avoidable.... At that level of competition, even with a broken car, you've earned the right to make the decision and I dont think anyone can tell you what to do--- also, I would guess all of us have driven a 4wd RC car with a broken out-drive..... Having said all this, I do think both you and Steve would feel a lot better today if you hadnt started that race.

Not meant to flame, just an opinion.bruce
Old 07-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default race results

results for those interested...

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs_races/r...tcs_race-id=62
Old 07-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

As always, a GREAT TIME, GREAT RACING, same AWESOME driving out there on both Saturday practice and Sunday's regional. Like others have said here. I'd like to avoid the Mini-A-Main-In-The-Dark-Syndrome, as these poor old 55-year old eyes just can't see the track well enough once the sun goes down. The car (painted flouro pink)? Yes. The track? No, especially the dots.

One suggestion: there are lot of people at the track capable of calling the races and running the computer and at least several of us would be happy to spell Fred so he can get a little personal hygiene/eating time in when necessary. Secondly, get a little tougher on the frequency conflict thing in the Mains. With several hours between rounds, there's plenty of time to get those things resolved and should be no need for more than the very occasional extra minute for problems (my heat had, I think three changes). When you've got that many racers and darkness approaching, it calls for disciplined participation.

The whole Kevin and Bruce thing in the GT2 A Main was just sad for all involved. Understandable, but sad. Can we just rewind and run that one again, please?

Congrats to Bruce for a super GT3 win (and, may I humbly add, the second GT3 A Main this year won by one of my motors ) and many many thanks to those in the GT3 B Main for their courteous and gentlemanly driving.

Let's do it again in a few weeks at the NATS!!!
Later
(a very tired)
Doc
Old 07-24-2006, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

Default TCS

Hey Guys,

I had a great time on Sunday. Although it was hot, It was too fun to even notice. I tried to lay it down for SoCal but Juan's driving was semi-flawless. His bobble put me in first for a couple of laps but my bobble was worse and I couldn't recover. The 415MS was fast but I couldn't drive it consistent enough in the dark. Anyway, good job Juan and good job Kevin for TQing GT2. Also thanks to Edgar for setting up my TAO5. The car put me in 1st in GT2 for the 1st 10 laps but I made a mistake and Juan and Arluck kept their tight line. Thanks Fred for a fun weekend.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by eeyan
Kevin... sorry about the radio bad luck! Good thing I wasn't there or you could've hit me too... JAS KIDDING buddy... just lightening up this thread.

But really, you'll definitely be a contender this year... your car was decent fast during qual, but what matters most is consistency (you'll definitely need that once the spec rules are applied at Nats). Juan was on his way into smashing your TQ in Q2 but look at what happenned... he was literally on fire, as was his soldering job (Juan, better bring Ling here for the nats, you need him to work on your car! J/K Oh yah, congrats on winning GT2 again and again and again... ).

So how many cars did run GT2? Not sure if Chris stayed... Sorry, I had to go home early. Had to do Daddy duties... would have been fun running with everyone in the A...
Thanks eeyan, it would have been fun if you could have stayed for the mains.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

congrats Madjack on the wins!
Old 07-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fangio
congrats Madjack on the wins!

thanks much!

FMW told me the about Canadian GP seating.....very nice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.