Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By angrymelon

Maxx V2 legal in 1/10 E-truck?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2023, 01:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Maxx V2 legal in 1/10 E-truck?

Hello all,

New/Newb hobbyist here. Sorry if asked 100x. Wondering if the Traxxas Maxx can legally be run in 1/10 scale e-truck races? Quick search yielded no results. Wanting to get into racing with my son and not quite ready to commit to the Tekno price tag (even though I know its inevitable, haha). If so, I'm sure there are some instant upgrades like metal driveshafts, hubs, etc? Thanks for the tlme.
Old 11-27-2023, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't believe the Maxx or Maxx v2 fit in any formal 1/10 racing category. The 4wd Stadium trucks are considerably smaller, and 1/8 Truggy classes, much larger. However, each area/track can have their own classes, so I would consult your local race program for specifics.

Good luck!
jiml likes this.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JFoley001
Hello all,

New/Newb hobbyist here. Sorry if asked 100x. Wondering if the Traxxas Maxx can legally be run in 1/10 scale e-truck races? Quick search yielded no results. Wanting to get into racing with my son and not quite ready to commit to the Tekno price tag (even though I know its inevitable, haha). If so, I'm sure there are some instant upgrades like metal driveshafts, hubs, etc? Thanks for the tlme.
There are a couple different versions of 1/10 truck

Stadium truck, which is 1/10 buggies with bigger tires
Short Course Truck, based loosely on the Slash
and eTruggy, which is closer to 1/8 than 1/10. The Maxx would probably fit here.

Find a local RC track and see what they run. They will give you more precise answers
Old 11-27-2023, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Nope.

In my AO, every car must meet strict homologation rules. Only "novice" is run what you brung.

Plan on building a new car or two. Visit you're local track to get the nuances of your chosen class figured out.

Even on a tight little track where horsepower is worthless, you cant combine 21.5 FT buggy, 21.5 buggy, and 17.5 buggy. Racers would lose their minds. Heaven forbid, if we have to solder in a different motor!

If you solder in a 21.5 ft motor, to race 21.5ft, but don't also have the spec HW esc, they won't let you race. That's how stinky spec racing has become. Even if a racer has no chance of winning, because they're new. You have to meet spec rules exactly, or will get duct taped to the flagpole outside.

Old 11-27-2023, 12:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Most places would let you run novice with the Maxx as long as you only run a 2s battery. But once you are ready to move out of Novice, it really wouldn't fit in any normal race category. And by that time, you will be ready for something that has more tuneability for racing.