Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yaw

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2022, 08:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Yaw

Ok I am new to rc off road racing. I race and practice at a small indoor clay high traction track. Ok my question, my track has two fast straights that are more or less a right turn arch. I am thinking of putting a little yaw in the left rear to try and hang the left rear out a little bit going around this fast part of the track. How does everyone think moving one shim on the left rear will effect the rear drive going through the fast sections of the track and the low elevation jumps?
Old 01-29-2022, 08:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Yaw

Ok I'm new to rc racing. I race a tekno 4x4 on a short clay high traction off road track. The track has a high speed section that is just a long sweeping right turn. I am thinking of putting yaw in my left rear by moving one shim to the front of the hub. What does everyone believe this will do in the high speed section and how will it affect the truck in the low elevation jumps?
Old 01-29-2022, 09:08 PM
Tech Champion

None at all. What you *might* want to do is mess with the trim settings or at the very worst rear toe. I'd just live with it imo, and just steer around the "straights"
Old 01-29-2022, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

Unless you're racing oval your setup should be symmetrical. Set the car up for the whole track not one corner.
Old 01-30-2022, 04:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No need to pots the same question twice. https://www.rctech.net/forum/electri...95355-yaw.html Once is sufficient.