Wiki Posts
Search

help question about a blitz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Default help question about a blitz

Anyone know any kids who are racing a blitz who come from a broken family, not well off, etc? Figured I would ask here first. I have a couple of parts that could help someone and I don't have the time to try to sell, etc....
Old 02-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My grand daughter just moved in with my wife and I to try to give her a more stable environment (10 y.o. A.D.D. problems in school and home, about to be placed in the foster care system) the local tracks seem to tolerate me bringing her and letting her race and run around between rounds. She actually came to most of the NIRCSS races and finished #2 in rookie points Any way she does run a blitz
Old 02-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

hakmazter

I'm the founder of "Make a RC Wish"
www.rcwish.com

So, I understand your heart!

hunternaf

PM hakmazter your mail info.

If you can send hakmazter a picture of your granddaughter with her Blitz.

===

As you can tell I'm behind this kind of SHARING!!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Well, ultimately, I am looking for that typical kid that spends his/her last dime racing, single income background, etc....

So basically, not looking for someone with a "rough life" necessarily, just someone who truly could from a financial standpoint use some parts that they might not get the opportunity to have that might mean they can race a few more times with some spares and use their money for race fees instead of supplies.

I was hoping that someone here in this section would know of someone as I was concerned about possibly getting hustled in other sections of the forums. Whenever you offer anything, it can be tempting to do the wrong thing and that is why I am not saying if it is a motor mount or a couple of towers or just a bunch of screws or something more or less.

Hoping to just get a smile from someone out there that could use them rather than putting on ebay, getting fees, etc..... Trust me, I could use the money, but I have learned that you get more out of giving and helping others.

Basically, what will have to happen is I will probably need to send the item through one of you and you will have to give it to them just so I know it got where it needed to go and it doesn't seem amazingly awkward (hey kid, want some candy, where do you live) is the last thing on my mind and I obviously have to be concerned myself since we live in the world we do.

That is why I was asking for volunteers and if YOU knew someone who needs help at your track that might fit the bill.

I am not opposed to an adult either, but usually that ends up as a "sweet, now I can sell my truck and get something else or get out of the hobby" and that is why I was looking for an honest kid scenario.

However, if there is someone here who knows a person who has a blitz and a kid who wants to race, same scenario......

Basically I want to help someone who needs it. God knows how many times I have been taken advantage of in the rc community. But then of course, I have been blessed also and made a lot of great friends too. Just feel like this is the right thing to do.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

By the way, take it pm if you know someone. No reason to talk about it in public.