Prayer request

Old 02-20-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Prayer request

I have a prayer request.

My cousin who is now 24 years old was paralyzed in a car wreck when he was 13. He is a very strong person, he still gets around great, has an awesome attitude, and is very close with the Lord.

He wasnt expected to live when he got to the hospital after the wreck, but by the grace of God he recovered and has been doing great other than losing the use of his legs. I know it has to be stressful, but he always has a good attitude.

Last week though they found out that he has a bone infection in his hip. This is caused from sitting in his wheelchair all the time and is common in parapalegics. However this has also caused him to have a bacteria buildup in his blood which is a more serious matter. He is testing good and is supposed to come home next week I think (he will have to stay on an IV for 6 weeks), but as we all know things can easily turn for the worst. I know God is in control and prayer IS powerful so I would greatly appreciate your prayers for him and his family. Thanks

Eric
Old 02-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Initiate

God is good! I will be praying, it's great to know we have direct communication with the Healer and perfecter of our faith.

blessings
Old 02-20-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Eric,

I'll be praying for your cousin also. I am paralyzed myself and know exactly what he must be going through. It is rough. However, God is much bigger than the bacteria or the infection!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks guys, its very much appreciated. They are supposed to run a scope into his heart tomorrow to make sure everything looks good there.

My wife and I are going to hopefully go and see him Wednesday after work. Hopefully I'll know a little more about how he is doing then.

Eric
Old 02-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We are praying for your cousin Eric. Keep us updated on how he is doing. If God brings us to it he will bring us through it.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Its greatly appreciated guys!

They ran the scope into his heart today and everything looked great, which is an answered prayer in itself. I think he is waiting on some blood tests to come back, but so far so good.

I am going to see him tomorrow after work so ill update again tomorrow night.

Eric
Old 02-23-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well I didnt go last night since he is doing well and he is supposed to be home today. The hospital is about 40 minutes away and his house is about 10 minutes, so i plan to go see him tonight when he is supposed to be home. His heart checked out great though and his blood cultures keep coming back negative, which is a good thing.

Im so thankful for the prayers guys, the good Lord is clearly at work. Continued prayers are greatly appreciated.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just wanted to update and say that he did come home and is doing well so far. He's on an IV and bed rest, but he is improving which is the main thing

On the other hand, just found out tonight that my great uncle isnt doing very well. He had been doing fine, but somehow he has started internally bleeding in his brain so its only a matter of time now before he passes. Most likely he wont make it but a few days so please pray for me and my family. I get pretty emotional when people pass away.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Lord we ask that you lift up Eric and his family members as they battle various illnesses. We ask that you the great physician can lay your hands on his family and comfort them with your hope, peace and love. In Jesus name AMEN.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

My great uncle passed away about 1:30 AM last night. He will be missed, but he is no longer suffering. Thanks for the prayers!