Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should ads require a picture.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

The biggest reason for not posting pics, is frustration. Not everyone has a file conversion program on their Comp/Phone/Etc. There are alot of people(me included)that struggle with shrinking the file to correct size. I do understand not having the physical server space for bigger file. If someone wants more/detailed pics a quick PM goes a long way.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

If I don't see a Picture in the ad , I move on.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:20 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I say yes it should be required, however, I would take it further saying it should be something that can't be deleted from the ad until successful completion of the sale (that last part may not be possible, just a thought).

Only reason I think this is when there is a problem concerning condition or what was show in the ads pics, I thought I heard of some issues where a bad seller then either deletes the pic or changes it after the fact. If it something linked from say photobucket, I am not sure how you then catch that when a problem arises.

In general I save an offline copy of ads I purchase, but, if that was possible could be useful feature.

Now, outside of that, if we require price I don't see why requiring a pic is a bad thing either as using the argument about skipping over ads with out pics, same can be sad for those without prices too.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Race19s
The biggest reason for not posting pics, is frustration. Not everyone has a file conversion program on their Comp/Phone/Etc. There are alot of people(me included)that struggle with shrinking the file to correct size. I do understand not having the physical server space for bigger file. If someone wants more/detailed pics a quick PM goes a long way.
photobucket...you can easily add the photobucket app to your phone, take the pic, send it to photobucket and the pics come with links once uploaded.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Pics should be required for any for sale thread. Pics and a price or it gets deleted.

I also think this forum should be a bit easier to use when it comes to pics but I understand the dilemma.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I do not believe that adds should require pics. That's silly. How do you actually know if the pics are of the actual items. You need to use common sense. If you won't buy without pics then move on. There are a number of ways you can protect yourself from being scammed. Also, if a guy like BigWaveDave with 1000 transactions and 100% feedback posts an add for a new in the box "something" do you really think he's going to send you something different. Better yet, somebody posts a stock pic of a new item.....what's the difference? A lot of the people that complain about this type of thing have hardly any an trader feedback....all I'll say is that once you get to a certain level of transactions & trader feedback you really try hard to keep it perfect even if that means eating a little poop once in a while. Its like keeping/having good credit.

Cain had a good idea. You shouldn't be able to delete post details until a sold item actually arrives at its destination. To avoid that (if I'm concerned) I will quote the add in the thread and make a comment like "payment sent" or "great deal".....whatever. I'll admit that whenever I buy something and the add and pics disappear it makes me uneasy.

Anyway, pics, or lack there of, are the least of your problems when buying online. How about people asking to be paid as a gift? Unless I know you, really know you, just asking me is a deal breaker. People always act like they don't understand why but they know, they always know......and see dead people.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think pics should be mandatory but this site needs to make it easier (or work better) when posting pics.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
I do not believe that adds should require pics. That's silly. How do you actually know if the pics are of the actual items. You need to use common sense. If you won't buy without pics then move on. There are a number of ways you can protect yourself from being scammed. Also, if a guy like BigWaveDave with 1000 transactions and 100% feedback posts an add for a new in the box "something" do you really think he's going to send you something different. Better yet, somebody posts a stock pic of a new item.....what's the difference? A lot of the people that complain about this type of thing have hardly any an trader feedback....all I'll say is that once you get to a certain level of transactions & trader feedback you really try hard to keep it perfect even if that means eating a little poop once in a while. Its like keeping/having good credit.

Cain had a good idea. You shouldn't be able to delete post details until a sold item actually arrives at its destination. To avoid that (if I'm concerned) I will quote the add in the thread and make a comment like "payment sent" or "great deal".....whatever. I'll admit that whenever I buy something and the add and pics disappear it makes me uneasy.

Anyway, pics, or lack there of, are the least of your problems when buying online. How about people asking to be paid as a gift? Unless I know you, really know you, just asking me is a deal breaker. People always act like they don't understand why but they know, they always know......and see dead people.
+1 ^^ This guy is on point here. Bravo sir
Old 12-02-2016, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phatboislim
photobucket...you can easily add the photobucket app to your phone, take the pic, send it to photobucket and the pics come with links once uploaded.
Not necessarily, photobucket crashes my phone,(it is 8 months old and was the top of the line Droid at the time) I've tried dozens of times and had zero luck posting pics here...I do not own or have access to a computer so that isn't an option either.
If you want to make it mandatory then make it work for EVERYONE!
Old 12-02-2016, 10:41 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

heck on the whole gift thing if its someone I had past dealings on and they mention in passing if I want to sent it that way could help them out some, I have just thrown in the diff depending on the savings I am getting on the product. Helps them out and still keeps stuff cool with paypal policies.

Right now when I check here from my day computer they block photobucket and personal emails so I miss some deals because of that. stuff attached works though.

I agree that I really don't like when someone deletes the original post so I quote all the pertininent stuff too. updating something to say "SOLD" is one thing, but the whole post? Really??
Old 12-02-2016, 12:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GroffBall
I've gotten some great deals from guys that didn't post a pic. Some guys just don't have the computer knowledge to do so. Sometimes a phone call and conversation goes a lot farther than pics and emails do... Sometimes

I've found if its a younger person that doesn't post pictures they are either lazy or are selling junk, but sometimes its just a middle aged guy that isn't computer savy, or would just rather speak to someone than through email or PM
+1
Old 12-02-2016, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

My thoughts are if they are to lazy to post pics, they probably give the same effort maintaining their stuff. I just scroll past adds with no pics...
Old 12-02-2016, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

No, don't see what the big deal is either way. Photobucket is an extra couple of steps and a pain in the arse. Don't like that there is no pics scroll on. I don't post pics and I sell plenty on here. In my opinion it weeds out tire kickers and low ballers. My .02 scroll on!
Old 12-02-2016, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Want seller to post pics..STOP buying from those who don't. And obviously blame those who do.

People who are willing to text or email for pics are as much the problem as the sellers who don't post pics. Blame your fellow buyers, they're the ones who allow sellers to continue to function without posting pics!!!
Old 12-02-2016, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I'll even stick this to the top for awhile hotrod, but I don't see a change coming..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.