Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
STOP POSTING IN YOUR THREAD JUST TO SAY "SOLD"!! >

STOP POSTING IN YOUR THREAD JUST TO SAY "SOLD"!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree15Likes

STOP POSTING IN YOUR THREAD JUST TO SAY "SOLD"!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I agree. The price is irrelevant after the item has sold. If you're listing an item the price should simply be what you think it's worth and not what someone else sold theirs for. More times than not the item sells for less than the posted price anyway.

Originally Posted by J-milz
Why does it matter after the item was sold to see the price? So you can say "dam that was a good deal". Or "I wish....." It's Sold. Move on.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Can we add a link to this thread every time someone bumps their thread with sold? Because I see it happening oh so many times.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lstmadness
100% agree with this.
200% Don't see why a price would bug anyone... Good reference and that's it. It's not a bad thing.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
As racer and I have talked about at length through PM's, I don't like this.

Simply because I don't like to edit my original post after something has sold until I get feedback on it. That way, if someone buys and gets something from me, and they think something is different about it than what the post said, they can then go back and look at the original post that HASN'T been edited since before they paid, and know that they got exactly what they paid for. Therefore ending any speculation that they got ripped off.

Sometimes I will edit the first post after the original to say sold before I get feedback, but not the original.

Just my 2 cents.....
I screen shot it.
Old 05-15-2016, 05:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 135 (100%+)

now that's a good idea. you'd have to stay current with the forums, though if you're planning ahead, and save everything that interests you.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:58 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
i too believed this, but moderators can see the original, unedited posts. so if there is some question about what was there before an edit, moderators can help out. i know this first hand as i asked racer for the original post on a purchase i made because i thought the deal might go south. sure enough, he sent me the original, unedited post.
I agree, but in today's world it will still leave a doubt in the person's mind about whether the moderator is the seller's buddy and just providing info that is inaccurate, etc..., especially if they really believe that something that they received is different, or something wasn't included that they thought was going to be. It's the nature of the world that we live in now, and I'd rather not have any doubts left on the table. It's just my personal preference as how I like to handle things, and it leaves no doubt for the buyer when nothing has been changed, and nobody else is called upon to provide the evidence needed to prove something.

Let's face it, nobody trusts anyone in the world now, especially with online trading...lol.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I agree, but in today's world it will still leave a doubt in the person's mind about whether the moderator is the seller's buddy and just providing info that is inaccurate, etc..., especially if they really believe that something that they received is different, or something wasn't included that they thought was going to be. It's the nature of the world that we live in now, and I'd rather not have any doubts left on the table. It's just my personal preference as how I like to handle things, and it leaves no doubt for the buyer when nothing has been changed, and nobody else is called upon to provide the evidence needed to prove something.

Let's face it, nobody trusts anyone in the world now, especially with online trading...lol.
IMO, you worry way too much

You're one of the select few who do things a little different than the vast majority, and that's ok, this thread wasn't aimed at you or people like you. I'll say/suggest this. When you sell an item couldn't you edit the LAST post you made in the thread to say "SOLD", regardless if there's other members posts after it? You're at least giving some notice that the item is sold, without having to bump your thread just to say so...? Then once you get contact from the buyer saying they're happy you can simply edit the original post...
Old 05-19-2016, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by czrlaker
200% Don't see why a price would bug anyone... Good reference and that's it. It's not a bad thing.
YOU czxrlaker are 100% of the problem! Why couldn't you edit your last post? Why BUMP your thread to the top simply to say "SOLD"..??Why????!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...nip-parts.html
Old 05-19-2016, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by racer1812
IMO, you worry way too much

You're one of the select few who do things a little different than the vast majority, and that's ok, this thread wasn't aimed at you or people like you. I'll say/suggest this. When you sell an item couldn't you edit the LAST post you made in the thread to say "SOLD", regardless if there's other members posts after it? You're at least giving some notice that the item is sold, without having to bump your thread just to say so...? Then once you get contact from the buyer saying they're happy you can simply edit the original post...

Lol....That may be, maybe I do.

But, I've been burnt enough times in this world that I don't trust anyone anymore. Thus, I am more careful to cover my bases beforehand to avoid as much of that as possible. And, my integrity/reputation is extremely important to me, and I don't like even the slightest of doubts in anyone's mind of whether I fudged on anything or not. Really bothers me.

That said, I know from our previous conversations that this is really important to you (even though I think you worry too much about it, IMO ), and will do as you'd prefer. Lately, on smaller items I have just been doing the edit the original post thing anyway. It's the bigger items/lots with more stuff included and described that I am more concerned about most of the time.

I think for a lot of people, doing the SOLD thing in a new post is sometimes about getting more posts (not just the race to 90 post-padding stuff), because there seems to be this subliminal 'measuring contest' going on when it comes to how many posts they have on the site. Just my thoughts....
Old 05-19-2016, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

I think for a lot of people, doing the SOLD thing in a new post is sometimes about getting more posts (not just the race to 90 post-padding stuff), because there seems to be this subliminal 'measuring contest' going on when it comes to how many posts you have on the site. Just my thoughts....
My guess, people simply don't care about anyone but themselves..? The fact that the "sold" post they, and the 30 other guys who made the same post that day, bumps active sellers threads down a page doesn't bother them. They sold their items, why should they care. The fact that when their thread gets bumped to the top people tend to look at it, only to find out and get pissed off that they viewed a thread for an item that was sold just because it was bumped..by the seller. Again, they don't care they sold their item.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:25 AM

My guess, people simply don't care about anyone but themselves..?
I agree, and in most cases I'd say that's a given these days.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

To those who cry about sellers editing out the price and replace it with "sold". Based on the fact that this is what 99.56% of sellers do. They/I don't care about the fact that you don't like it...."It's a nice reference if I'm selling a similar item", NOBODY who has said anything close to that in this thread has posted a for sale thread in the last 2+ years!..I checked

"I like to compare prices" NO 2 items are ever exactly the same, especially cars/trucks. One guy might ask $150 and another guy might ask $250. They could basically advertise the same exact car, the $150 car might be a great deal from a motivated seller, the $250 car might be being sold by a dip stick who thinks all his hop up parts add value.

Just because one guy is selling a car for $150 so he can raise money to buy a kidney on the black market doesn't mean the guy asking $250 for the same car is over priced.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Who is this thread REALLY aimed at?.....

99% of sellers on here edit their original post removing the asking price replacing it with "sold". Fine, great, dandy...no further action needed......

But about 90% of those sellers also post a reply saying "sold", bumping their now sold item to the top of the forum for absolutely NO reason.

What can we do?..hmmm, how about anytime anyone sees a thread like this they send the seller a PM simply saying "thanks for bumping your thread just to say it's sold"...some might get the hint, some won't. But it would be fun

Or we could play dumb and ask "is it sold? I saw you bumped your thread"
Old 05-19-2016, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

SOLD!!

I normally just edit my original post and still leave the price of someone wants to use it as reference.

I just do it like this. Put sold as the very first thing in the first post. Then the person looking doesn't even need to look past the first 4 letters. Lol

But to be honest I don't care if some one post "sold" as a single post. Don't get to bent out of shape over that.

There are BIGGER problems than that to worry about.

Let's start a thread and post the user names of all these low baller/cheap a**es. Lol

Or the guy with 2-3 total post that pm's you with and offer asking for PP info then you never hear from him again.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by imprsme
SOLD!!

I normally just edit my original post and still leave the price of someone wants to use it as reference.

I just do it like this. Put sold as the very first thing in the first post. Then the person looking doesn't even need to look past the first 4 letters. Lol

But to be honest I don't care if some one post "sold" as a single post. Don't get to bent out of shape over that.

There are BIGGER problems than that to worry about.

Let's start a thread and post the user names of all these low baller/cheap a**es. Lol

Or the guy with 2-3 total post that pm's you with and offer asking for PP info then you never hear from him again.
You're literally the "poster child" for how to edit a post when you sell an item! "SOLD" is edited to the TOP OF THE ORIGINAL THREAD, so when someone 'hovers' over your thread on the main page they see "SOLD" and don't need to click on the thread. AND ABOVE ALL ELSE, YOU DON'T POST/BUMP/REPLY TO YOUR THREAD SAYING "SOLD".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.