R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   R/C Items: For Sale/Trade (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade-16/)
-   -   STOP POSTING IN YOUR THREAD JUST TO SAY "SOLD"!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/943317-stop-posting-your-thread-just-say-sold.html)

racer1812 05-13-2016 11:10 AM

STOP POSTING IN YOUR THREAD JUST TO SAY "SOLD"!!

Thread title says it all. EDIT your FIRST post when an item sells to say "sold" in place of your asking price. It really is that simple people:rolleyes:

To be blunt, THERE IS NO REASON TO MAKE A POST, BUMPING YOUR THREAD, JUST TO SAY "SOLD"...NONE, NAHDA, ZERO, ZILCH!

I'll leave this open for....entertainment purposes;)

Have a good day:D

Matt Trimmings 05-13-2016 11:30 AM

Also....don't report your f/s thread to the mods....I'm not going to delete your thread now that your done with it.

But seriously. Stop.

HappyGene 05-13-2016 07:28 PM

Even simpler to ADD the word sold and leave the price intact.

advpball 05-13-2016 07:35 PM

Maybe put in first line so no need to scrol down the post..

HappyGene 05-13-2016 07:39 PM

Good idea.

hotrod87 05-14-2016 04:09 AM

I personally edit price out to say sold. It helps prevent someone from asking months later if its still for sale.

sporto 05-14-2016 05:28 AM

I personally like to see what price things were listed at for a number of reasons and annoys me when someone removes the price once it has sold.

lstmadness 05-14-2016 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by sporto (Post 14530256)
I personally like to see what price things were listed at for a number of reasons and annoys me when someone removes the price once it has sold.

100% agree with this.

OfnaJoe 05-14-2016 06:17 AM

What the last 2 said ^^^^^

InsaneRC 05-14-2016 06:30 AM

Ok I usually delete the item that sold and if I haven't Bump my thread I say "item" sold/bump is that still OK?

J-milz 05-14-2016 07:32 PM

Why does it matter after the item was sold to see the price? So you can say "dam that was a good deal". Or "I wish....." It's Sold. Move on.

lstmadness 05-14-2016 07:50 PM

[QUOTE=J-milz;14530864]Why does it matter after the item was sold to see the price? So you can say "dam that was a good deal". Or "I wish....." It's Sold. Move on.[/QUOTE

Speaking only for myself..... The main reason it matters is for a price reference. Not that I want to cry over spilled milk. If I have a similar item to sell, or am in the market to buy a similar item it is nice to get a general idea of value. Sorta like anything else you buy and sell.

HappyGene 05-14-2016 07:55 PM

yes, that.
the move on it's gone crap doesn't contribute anything to this.

WYLDTHING 05-14-2016 08:52 PM

As racer and I have talked about at length through PM's, I don't like this. :)

Simply because I don't like to edit my original post after something has sold until I get feedback on it. That way, if someone buys and gets something from me, and they think something is different about it than what the post said, they can then go back and look at the original post that HASN'T been edited since before they paid, and know that they got exactly what they paid for. Therefore ending any speculation that they got ripped off.

Sometimes I will edit the first post after the original to say sold before I get feedback, but not the original.

Just my 2 cents..... ;)

RC*PHREAK 05-14-2016 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING (Post 14530939)
As racer and I have talked about at length through PM's, I don't like this. :)

Simply because I don't like to edit my original post after something has sold until I get feedback on it. That way, if someone buys and gets something from me, and they think something is different about it than what the post said, they can then go back and look at the original post that HASN'T been edited since before they paid, and know that they got exactly what they paid for. Therefore ending any speculation that they got ripped off.

Sometimes I will edit the first post after the original to say sold before I get feedback, but not the original.

Just my 2 cents..... ;)

i too believed this, but moderators can see the original, unedited posts. so if there is some question about what was there before an edit, moderators can help out. i know this first hand as i asked racer for the original post on a purchase i made because i thought the deal might go south. sure enough, he sent me the original, unedited post.