Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
Why does everyone here just give their stuff away???? >

Why does everyone here just give their stuff away????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why does everyone here just give their stuff away????

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OrangeDF03
I know the economy is bad but jesus, everyone here spends top dollar for the kits, radios, motors etc. and sells them for way less then they can be worth. makes NO sense to me at all. With give away prices like the ones I see on here it is amazing LHS sell ANY new kits, or gear. Why? Just buy the common 1/8 buggy with 2 runs on it, and 1000s of $ in gear that you see on this forum for $350.00 and save $1,200 lol. Guys if you can't actually afford the toys don't buy them in the first place, you are broke because you spend hundreds-thousands and sell for 70% off the original price LOL.

I can understand trades for equal value but not selling..... crazyness
It like buying a real car, the minute you leave the lot, its not worth what you just paid for it. Look at mugen, If you have an MBX5 prospec, $600 2 years ago, now you can't give it away even with a $300 motor on it. When something new comes out, the people that can afford it go out and buy it. Then use there old kit to help pay for it.This also helps the hobby out. The people that can't afford to go out and buy these $600 kits, picks up one of the used kit that normally comes with a lot of extra parts. Now they are racing a pro level kit for 70% less then what it would cost new. Either you or in or out!! Let it go!!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

This thread was dead for almost 3 months , Tom_chang79 , why bring it back from the dead now ?
Old 01-11-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (99%+)

I think its cause he knew something noone else had already explained.... We sell our stuff so cheap cause we freakin can!!! is that the answer everyone wanted? he'll lately I have been giving stuff away. ( NOPE DON'T EVEN TRY IT )) PRICE wise I'm giving things away.. Bought a max amps battery $282 barley any runtime and sold it today for $75!!! Do the math!!! This stuff comes and goes. if i can help someone else out who might be down on their luck then so be it.. I am disabled ( I can walk and all that but I dont know how much longer that will be true)AND NOT on disability and getting a check from the government to buy my stuff but I still love to help others. I trade things I have for other things and then build up that item and sell it and buy a couple more and from there keep doing the same thing..
Old 01-11-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok buddy
I CANT EVEN GET A $10 bid on a turbo 35 gfx !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dont believe me check out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=005

Then look at my team losi car over 1000k invested at $40.00 with tons of spare parts.

economy's down toys down 1st lol
Old 01-11-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by couter
Ok buddy
I CANT EVEN GET A $10 bid on a turbo 35 gfx !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dont believe me check out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=005

Then look at my team losi car over 1000k invested at $40.00 with tons of spare parts.

economy's down toys down 1st lol
Ok this does show an example of the question being asked but this is not the place to post that just so your item sells by getting noticed more... everyone that has posted in this thread knows things are cheap and have all said so...

Last edited by jldjlaudio; 01-11-2009 at 07:43 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

All I can say is Thank you to the people selling here. I love buying a 2 race old 900.00 MP9 for 500.00 shipped! I have bought a bunch of stuff here and got pretty good deals on it. 400.00 DX3R's with hard case and receivers for a couple hundred. Works for me. I don't make 6 figures, but I make enough. I bought a new MP9 before I found this forum and I don't think I will buy a new kit again. Wait a few months and someone will be selling one for 1/2 price. Whether they didn't like the way it drove for them or got a sponser or I don't care their reason, I'll be happy to pay 1/2 of what I can find it for at any retail outlet. So to everyone I've bought from and gotten a great deal from..
THANK YOU!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jldjlaudio
dude this isnt a place to post links to sell your items... What you just posted has nothing to do with this thread!!! Remove it or I will get it removed!!!
In a way it does . He is showing an example . Who are you to tell someone to remove their posts ?

I think its cause he knew something noone else had already explained....
If you read through the entire thread it has been explained many, many times by many different people .

Couter , you have a pm .
Old 01-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

There are moderators on the site, and a pm to one of them would take care of the persons link. God forbid a new member not read all of the rules. There's no need to police every thread on here and threaten people.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Briguy
In a way it does . He is showing an example . Who are you to tell someone to remove their posts ?
Umm actually it doesnt. Anyone can look on here or ebay for these things and find them themselves and 2fst2c just said that himself.. as others have. That guys only posts on this forum is to sell his item and bumps it on a couple occasions every 1/2 hour or so... And I am about to become the next MODERATOR OF THIS FORUM since you asked!!! I was asked to do it because too many things are going unnoticed because the other mods have too many other things to do...
Old 01-11-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Champion

But you are NOT a mod YET . So don`t go around acting like one UNTIL you ARE a mod . Instead of acting like a nark you could of just asked him to remove the link . Instead of the pompous ass remark . And I see you changed your post to agreeing it is an example . Maybe you should think before acting ?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah your right Im not a Mod yet, and thats only because the site owners havent replied yet. I guess if I didnt post half the stuff i did this forum would still have ALOT of scammers and alot of other idiots doing things they shouldnt but I guess thats just my pompous ass remarks being posted before I think! Just because my name doesnt say MOD next to it doesnt mean anything. And your right if keeping things in order on this FORUM makes me a NARK then thats what I AM BUB
Old 01-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

As above posters said, it's purely a function of the market. Here's why the market discounts used car gear by 50% or more: because people beat the living daylights out of their cars.

I come from RC airplanes. I can't count the number of gliders that I bought, flew a bunch of times, and then sold for what I paid. Sometimes I did some repairs and put a fresh finish and actuallly made a few bucks. Why? Because the only moving parts are servo-controlled surfaces and their condition: 1) can easily be verified; and 2) can easily be repaired.

Throw in an internal combustion engine and now you have to *really* trust the person selling. When I see "six tanks" through the engine, I see more like 2-3 gallons. Batteries with 10 cycles on them mean they're really halfway through their life cycle. As far as the cars go, you can assume the engines were run at 300 degrees. I'm not being skeptical or calling people cheats, but the reality is that buying used lipos, engines and speed controls is like buying a lottery ticket. You never know what you might get.

Prices are what they are because they reflect the market value. Trying to sell a used car for more than 60% of what you paid isn't going to fly, plain and simple.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Usually when someone posts something like he did , unless your a mod [which you are not] will ask him to remove it . Not demand it and threaten him . A mod will simply remove it and pm the poster they removed it and why . Starting to look like you are getting your foot in the door to be a mod from narking on everyone .
Old 01-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Ohhhhhh......that explains the sticker/t-shirt threads , and the "thank the mods thread". In essence, by the time you became a mod, it'd be time for us to build you a car. Clever.......very clever.

Go easy on people, there's no need to be the Teachers Pet
Old 01-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

yeah welll anyone can look through my posts and find one of my posts asking for anything.. In the last 2 weeks I have give away FOR FREE over $400 in stuff!! And will never ask for someone to build me anything. So I think you need to do some research before posting anything about me!!!!! I have been doing this for over 10 years and have over 3000 in feedback. I'm not doing anything I do to become someones pet. Alot of new people to this hobby get ripped off and have no clue what to do about it.. my Pm box and email box gets filled from people asking for help to get their money or items back. I have had over 14 people arrested so far and have not lost anyones stuff yet... So again if that makes me a nark then so be it at least I know what i do helps this forum and all the others I'm on..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.