Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
Why does everyone here just give their stuff away???? >

Why does everyone here just give their stuff away????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why does everyone here just give their stuff away????

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Why does everyone here just give their stuff away????

I know the economy is bad but jesus, everyone here spends top dollar for the kits, radios, motors etc. and sells them for way less then they can be worth. makes NO sense to me at all. With give away prices like the ones I see on here it is amazing LHS sell ANY new kits, or gear. Why? Just buy the common 1/8 buggy with 2 runs on it, and 1000s of $ in gear that you see on this forum for $350.00 and save $1,200 lol. Guys if you can't actually afford the toys don't buy them in the first place, you are broke because you spend hundreds-thousands and sell for 70% off the original price LOL.

I can understand trades for equal value but not selling..... crazyness
Old 10-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Sometimes people sell cheap to get that new kid on the block a break. Get more new people involve and keep this hobby going.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

you got that right! lets keep this hobby going and growing!!! we like to help one and another and keep us racing together.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So you mean that you will sell me one of your cars/trucks for 70% off to help me? LOL ok what do you have?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (91%+)
Default Common Sense!!!

Originally Posted by OrangeDF03
I know the economy is bad but jesus, everyone here spends top dollar for the kits, radios, motors etc. and sells them for way less then they can be worth. makes NO sense to me at all. With give away prices like the ones I see on here it is amazing LHS sell ANY new kits, or gear. Why? Just buy the common 1/8 buggy with 2 runs on it, and 1000s of $ in gear that you see on this forum for $350.00 and save $1,200 lol. Guys if you can't actually afford the toys don't buy them in the first place, you are broke because you spend hundreds-thousands and sell for 70% off the original price LOL.

Please name some other Forums that have members that are not giving their stuff away. We will gladly try and sell our items there as well. Even theBay is selling items dirt cheap!!! It is the Economy and the Bottom Line is that people need the money for their Mortgage, etc...because they no longer have their jobs. At least we have this Forum and the hundreds of threads here.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default weirdness.......

how do you know what every who sells on here spends on thier r/c's? by the way got anything for sale?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (91%+)
Default More Common Sense

So you mean that you will sell me one of your cars/trucks for 70% off to help me? LOL ok what do you have?
You're looking at what we have!!! Come on, we don't really want to play your game!!! Get a clue...
Old 10-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What's it matter to you? If you don't like it....go away! I doubt you'll be missed.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

its just how it is dude...people also need money, so you just gotta get rid of things cheap. example: im selling cyclone oneways that usually go $30-50 in a LHS, but im slangin' em for $20 shipped, and even at that no one wants to buy it. selling for cheap is also a good way to get things moving, if you sell something up to what its worth while the guy next to you is selling for much less, the other guy will get the sale because no one wants to pay more than what they could get it for.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

you ever think that pople are not like you. i dont need the money but sell stuff cheap. why let it sit amd not make a buck on it. you can't get back what you have into it. so why not sell it better than just setting here !!! thats my 2 cent.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

How come this "70%" off doesn't apply to AMB Transponders?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

why ask why
Old 10-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

so true buy my losi 8 buggy 1000.00 free shipping
Old 10-20-2008, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

As some have said, the economy sucks, and the first things to go are the toys. Even if people take a huge hit when they do sell it. When times are tough, in the real world, cash has a lot more value than a toy car.

It's times like this that make people stop and think about what's important and get there priorities in check.

On the other hand, some people like to get new stuff frequently. And, in order to go that, they need to firesale stuff.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

It seems the media has done a good job of making people believe the economy sucks so bad. I have been selling and buying on RCtech for about 4 years now. Prices have always been for the most part low on older items and higher on hot items. Plus when you have 5 guys all trying to sell, say a B44 people price their buggy to sell. Competition brings the price down. Free market capitalism at its best.

Some may need cash. Lord knows I have. Some sell to buy something else. But surf around for a few years on the buy/sell forums. You will see some consistencies.

For example the Sphere TC is a hot item right now. They are no lower than $140 on this forum in the last couple of weeks. I know I have been looking for one. AMB's$65 on up, but usually around $80. Losi 8's, so many of those around as low as $200 shipped to you. Plus you need $100 in parts to replace the worn parts

This hobby has never been buy new. Play with it for a few weeks and sell it for $10 below what you payed for before. Why buy someones used stuff for a few bucks less? When you can go buy a brand new item for a few bucks more.

Just my opinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.