Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
Question for painters new and advanced.. >

Question for painters new and advanced..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Question for painters new and advanced..

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2023, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I recently painted several 1/10 scale buggy bodies using Bittydesign liquid mask. Apparently, I either reduced it too much or sprayed too thin. My guess is over reduced since it was an old bottle (I should have waited). Anyway, the thin masks made cutting and peeling a disaster. To get the mask to cut cleanly I had to apply a lot of pressure which ended up scoring the body. The mask just didn’t want to cut or peel.

This brings me to my question in the feel for when liquid mask is actually cut and pressure. (I can feel cutting masking tape reasonably well.) What should it feel like when properly cutting liquid mask?
Old 06-28-2023, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I back with metallic silver/ gun metal or pearl white. I haven't backed a body with black yet.
depends on how bright or dark the silver is.

As far as the painters mask, my local airbrush paint guy who does body's swears by it. I use tape but I'm old school. lol.
-Devin
Old 06-30-2023, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I prefer the feeling of cutting the design into tape as I know when I'm pressing too hard or light. I rarely score the body with tape. However, I'm struggling with knowing when liquid mask is cleanly cut without scoring the body. Any advice?
Old 08-11-2023, 10:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey there!

What a fantastic idea! An RC Airbrush Rendezvous sounds like an incredible opportunity to learn, share experiences, and connect with fellow painters and enthusiasts. The blend of basics, techniques, stencils, and vector art classes offers something for everyone, whether they're just starting out or looking to sharpen their skills. Count me in as interested! I'm sure many others would find value in this as well. It's a unique concept that could really bring the community together. Thanks for considering organizing something like this; I can't wait to hear more details! 🎨✈️