Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree454Likes

Your Custom Paintjobs

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Intimidator, thinning to the consistency of milk is the most consistant way to describe what you need to end up with. The problem is different colors need different amounts of thinner to end up at the right thickness. This is where trial and error comes in.
We have all thrown away materials during the trial and error phase, lol.

I would say put some 2% or skim milk in your air brush and back flush it to see the thickness by judging the bubbles. Then you have a good idea of where you need to end up. If it is too hard to tell, you may be in a tuff spot, since mixing thinners will be very difficult.

If this is the case, try about 4 or 5 drops to a half full gravity feed paint cup to start and add or lessen the thinning mixture as needed.

As far as respirators, imo, if it can stick to slippery lexan, how will it work out in your lungs?

Just a thought.

...Jim
W.E.D.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Guys,

What do you do when you need a bit of inspiration?

There are some awesome paintjobs on here, kudos to you all, but I don't really want to steal someone else's design.

Cheers
Old 08-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys, here is a face i freehanded on the trunk of my perant's rat rod, this is my first freehand work i have EVER done and i am very pleased. I am only 15 and have only airbrushed two RC bodies before this. I don't offer any airbrush service but i have considered it due to the fact that i am nearly always amazed with my work. I consider myself a fair pencil/paper artist, and i have only done a couple "serious" face portraits on paper with pencil (they are definately not my strong point).

I feel like i have alot of room to expand with my airbrushing skills yet i am very happy with my work at the same time.

Enjoy guys-

I used an iwata hp-cs with createx paint.

I ALWAYS appreciate feedback and critism so go ahead and speak your mind guys. , i am in this to learn from the pros.

later guys-

Kyle
Attached Thumbnails Your Custom Paintjobs-kyles-painting-portfolio-008.jpg   Your Custom Paintjobs-kyles-painting-portfolio-006.jpg   Your Custom Paintjobs-kyles-painting-portfolio-010.jpg   Your Custom Paintjobs-kyles-painting-portfolio-007.jpg  
Old 08-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee
Hey guys, here is a face i freehanded on the trunk of my perant's rat rod, this is my first freehand work i have EVER done and i am very pleased. I am only 15 and have only airbrushed two RC bodies before this. I don't offer any airbrush service but i have considered it due to the fact that i am nearly always amazed with my work. I consider myself a fair pencil/paper artist, and i have only done a couple "serious" face portraits on paper with pencil (they are definately not my strong point).

I feel like i have alot of room to expand with my airbrushing skills yet i am very happy with my work at the same time.

Enjoy guys-

I used an iwata hp-cs with createx paint.

I ALWAYS appreciate feedback and critism so go ahead and speak your mind guys. , i am in this to learn from the pros.

later guys-

Kyle
That's amazing... you should clear to make sure it stays... I think this website would be right up your alley...http://www.theairbrushforum.com/ There are alot of pro guys there that could help you out. I have gotten much better as a painter after reading alot of stuff on there. You should definitely consider a painting business.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

ET's new Paint
Old 08-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ZipTie
ET's new Paint
Is that vinyl!?!? That is soo clean.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

R-11
Attached Thumbnails Your Custom Paintjobs-rc-024_640x480.jpg  
Old 08-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

It's not vinyl, just paint. Thanks for the Prop's!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!

Originally Posted by ZipTie
It's not vinyl, just paint. Thanks for the Prop's!
correct me if i am wrong, but i think he ment vynil masks instead of hand cut.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Ashley, sometimes I will just sit down with some scrap paper and a pencil. As the mood for shapes comes to me I sketch them down. After just about any wacky design you can think of, start filling it in to add some 3d effects and oppourtunity for more colors.

Might not make much sense right now, but try it without worrying about the body shapes, you can make it fit any body later on if you like some of the things you end up with.

A_Main, I like it, especially for a first attempt. If you want to add realism, try adding some white on one side and some black on the other side, as well as from underneath. Do this when you start the project and keep the lights direction in mind while working at all times. This will give more depth and some impression of light on a 3 dimensional object, which fools the eye into seeing something real.

Still cool either way though!

...Jim
W.E.D.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Ashley, sometimes I will just sit down with some scrap paper and a pencil. As the mood for shapes comes to me I sketch them down. After just about any wacky design you can think of, start filling it in to add some 3d effects and oppourtunity for more colors.

Might not make much sense right now, but try it without worrying about the body shapes, you can make it fit any body later on if you like some of the things you end up with.

A_Main, I like it, especially for a first attempt. If you want to add realism, try adding some white on one side and some black on the other side, as well as from underneath. Do this when you start the project and keep the lights direction in mind while working at all times. This will give more depth and some impression of light on a 3 dimensional object, which fools the eye into seeing something real.

Still cool either way though!

...Jim
W.E.D.
Thanks Jim, appreciate the help.

Cheers
Old 08-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

New car needs new paint. Just a quickie but i think i found a new favorite Blue. Auto Air Candy Blue backed with Spaztic chrome.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

Some new ones:

Old 08-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SOLID GRAPHICS
Some new ones:

As always, great work. Your definitely in the top 3 best painters on here in my book.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Reading this thread and looking at some of the bodies on here inspired me ..... so here's my first non-single color body ... ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.