Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
How to attach front clip to a lexan body? >

How to attach front clip to a lexan body?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to attach front clip to a lexan body?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2021, 03:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default How to attach front clip to a lexan body?

My son just purchased a clear lexan body for his drift R/C car. The body has two parts where the front clip (grille, lights, front bumper) is separate from the rest of the body. How do I attach the front clip to the rest of the body? Is there a glue or a method that would still allow me to paint on the inside later and show thru the glued seam? Kinda lost here and need some help.
Old 08-28-2021, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Paint it up the way you want and trim it out. Apply some stuff called shoe-goo where you can't see to attach the panels. Might need some masking tape on outside to hold it until it cures.
Old 08-29-2021, 04:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks. We will give it a try.
Old 08-29-2021, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

almost all rc bodies I have had to add stuff on came with small nylon nuts bolts and even washers when needed along with spacers...ie spoilers hood vents. even the rally buggy bodies.name the body let some 1 so so research..there's a product call silaprene I have used to secure esc along with ripped body panels
Old 09-02-2021, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If you are going to be using any glue or thin double-sided tape that is contacting the painted surface directly, make sure to let the paint fully cure. I would let it sit for a couple of days.

Also make sure to wash out the body with some dish soap and water before paint to remove any mold release or oil from skin.