Search
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cody01

Problems prepping a Proline body.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Problems prepping a Proline body.

I have painted several Proline bodies in the past with no issue but I got a '67 F100 SCT body that I scuffed with scotch brite and you can clearly see the marks. I washed, wiped out, and hit with an alcohol pad. I still can't the masking tape to want to stick. It just rolls up as fast as I put it down. I know its not the tape because I just did another brand body an hour ago.
Newk likes this.
Old 12-20-2020, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

There's a thread already on this. Try some of the suggestions mentioned. A wipe with an alcohol pad isn't going to be enough, a wash out with alcohol might be.

Proline Bodies Mold Release Paint Not Sticking

I suspect this is silicone contamination, so you need something that will wash away the silicone, which would be alcohol (denatured, or isopropyl).
Old 12-20-2020, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
There's a thread already on this. Try some of the suggestions mentioned. A wipe with an alcohol pad isn't going to be enough, a wash out with alcohol might be.

Proline Bodies Mold Release Paint Not Sticking

I suspect this is silicone contamination, so you need something that will wash away the silicone, which would be alcohol (denatured, or isopropyl).
Well that pretty much sucks dick. That will be my last Proline body. I had already painted by the time you replied so I was alittle too quick to paint I guess. You could easily feel the slickness. I washed, scrubbed, scuffed, and used alcohol and it was still slick.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I just had same problem with a pair of ctsv bodies. I contacted them. Proline wanted proof of purchase from my customer and a bunch of other stuff. They never did anything buy say sorry! I'll never use them again.
Old 02-14-2021, 04:41 AM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Same thing for me with their J71 body. I was only painting one color, pulled off the window mask and off came the paint with it!!