Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to 1/5 BAJA 5B/5T HELP THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

RPM Products front bumper w/skidplate & complete rear bumper w/skidplate purchased yesterday from DDM and already in the mail TGN roof wing/SPARK PLUG COVER (silver)... This thing has a freaking FORTUNE in it already!!! At least IMO. I have seen some Baja's that are EXTREMELY Xtreme but IMO I believe they can get overboard and over~kill with "BLING". My build is focused on practical & functional for all purpose RACE/BASH... I think I have pretty much accomplished that in this build

Anyone have any tips or "HOW TO" properly break in the new internals in the motor. I have a general understanding of allowing it to idle full tank with randon feathering of the throttle every once in a while then allowing it to complete sit and cool. REPEAT STEPS FOR 3 tanks. Is this true?

FUTURE MODS considering or coming soon:

* ROTO START or Turtle Racing HD Pull Start kit
* BLUR quick release for air filter
* Turtle Racing 1pc billet brake assembly
* "MAYBE" DDM closed lugs (or DARKSOUL "Stars"), DDM gas cap and pull start handle (silver)

Last edited by *JayVee*; 05-06-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Wah~Lah y Finito... Finished...

Old 05-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

looks good matbe needing some tires soon when you burn them off.lol
How are you liking the front breaks
Old 05-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

So far so good! They stop HARD!!! the little bit I rolled and stopped... But I still need to tune the carb with the modified fuel line(s) kit and the Walbro 813 carb and 29cc motor are not liking each other right now...LOL...as for tires...These are def temps... I have paddles and ribs for the real sand and dirt and plan on getting some Desperados with BadLands... Thanks!

Last edited by *JayVee*; 05-06-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Nice build bro! Might I suggest a few items? All from Killer-RC.

Killer Bee is a must... kills the engine via radio. Engine goes wide open, flick a switch to kill the engine electronically. Battery goes dead, it kills the engine. Battery disconnects, it kills the engine... Nice bling too. Lots of people do a double take when I drive my 5t to my feet and turn off the radio and the engine dies... Cheap insurance!

Killer-RC Killer Cables... limits the down travel of the suspension via cable instead of pulling on your shocks. Save those expensive shocks!

And the killer rc rear turnbuckle kit. These go over the rear upper links that are common to tweaking, bending, etc. They spread out the load to the full diameter of the plastic parts, instead of just on the steel all-thread. I've only ran a few times without these. This info is based purely on research.

I'm not paid by Killer-Rc. Not sponsored in any way, these are just my honest suggestions of equipment that I run on my 5t/ SC conversion.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aaron2u
Nice build bro! Might I suggest a few items? All from Killer-RC.

Killer Bee is a must... kills the engine via radio. Engine goes wide open, flick a switch to kill the engine electronically. Battery goes dead, it kills the engine. Battery disconnects, it kills the engine... Nice bling too. Lots of people do a double take when I drive my 5t to my feet and turn off the radio and the engine dies... Cheap insurance!

Killer-RC Killer Cables... limits the down travel of the suspension via cable instead of pulling on your shocks. Save those expensive shocks!

And the killer rc rear turnbuckle kit. These go over the rear upper links that are common to tweaking, bending, etc. They spread out the load to the full diameter of the plastic parts, instead of just on the steel all-thread. I've only ran a few times without these. This info is based purely on research.

I'm not paid by Killer-Rc. Not sponsored in any way, these are just my honest suggestions of equipment that I run on my 5t/ SC conversion.
LOL!!! And probably the LAST set of items I don't have... Nice suggestion bro! Its on the list anyways... Just waiting to re-coop some funds after this 2 week from stock build... Yeah, it was not cheap!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *JayVee*
LOL!!! And probably the LAST set of items I don't have... Nice suggestion bro! Its on the list anyways... Just waiting to re-coop some funds after this 2 week from stock build... Yeah, it was not cheap!
+1 on the cables and the kill switch. My old man had a runaway that went under the car and that was enough for me to get one lol
Old 06-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ryel83
+1 on the cables and the kill switch. My old man had a runaway that went under the car and that was enough for me to get one lol
funny u posted here on the subject on the fail safe... JUST ORDERED KllerBee v1 LAST NIGHT!!! alone with the front qk release bar (just to make life a lil easier with the body pins under the lip of the chassis) and a 3CH radio... Nothing BLING, just a simple upgrade from my Futaba 2pl to now a Futaba 3pl...
Old 06-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by *JayVee*
funny u posted here on the subject on the fail safe... JUST ORDERED KllerBee v1 LAST NIGHT!!! alone with the front qk release bar (just to make life a lil easier with the body pins under the lip of the chassis) and a 3CH radio... Nothing BLING, just a simple upgrade from my Futaba 2pl to now a Futaba 3pl...
Nice! The 4pl will be my next upgrade! Although now I'm running an Airtronics MX-3SS 2.4ghz... and I can't find anything wrong with it! Unlike the DX3R that rarely tripped my Killer-Bee V2-S!! Airtronics trips it 100% of the time. DX3R was only about 40-50% of the time. Never figured out why, so I sold the POS.

Nice Baja! CHEERS!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aaron2u
Nice! The 4pl will be my next upgrade! Although now I'm running an Airtronics MX-3SS 2.4ghz... and I can't find anything wrong with it! Unlike the DX3R that rarely tripped my Killer-Bee V2-S!! Airtronics trips it 100% of the time. DX3R was only about 40-50% of the time. Never figured out why, so I sold the POS.

Nice Baja! CHEERS!
Yeah... Isn't it weird that KillerRc has to make a Fail Safe "SPECIFICALLY" for Spektrum...LOL! weird

I wanted the 4pl... But really looked into all the additional features and really don't need it or will ever use it... My 2pl was AMAZING and the signal felt like FOREVER! I was just looking for that additional 3ch...Thats it. But the 4pl LOOKS SWEET! But at $240-250.00 for bling and sexyness... I will stay with my 3pl at $110.00
Old 07-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default baja 5bss

here's my baja to share......
dont know how to post pics in other thread hbf...
Attached Thumbnails New to 1/5 BAJA 5B/5T HELP THREAD-077.jpg   New to 1/5 BAJA 5B/5T HELP THREAD-image16860.jpg   New to 1/5 BAJA 5B/5T HELP THREAD-image16862.jpg   New to 1/5 BAJA 5B/5T HELP THREAD-097.jpg   New to 1/5 BAJA 5B/5T HELP THREAD-081.jpg  

Old 07-12-2011, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skuter-race-ta
here's my baja to share......
dont know how to post pics in other thread hbf...
How do you like the new wheel centers? Seen them a while back, but haven't heard anything about them yet... They seem like a good idea! Oh, and nice baja's by the way!
Old 07-13-2011, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

@aaron2u:

tnx bro..

its a home made rool cage and front bumper...

soon to bolt this ts engine in a scorpion chassis....
Attached Thumbnails New to 1/5 BAJA 5B/5T HELP THREAD-06262011737.jpg   New to 1/5 BAJA 5B/5T HELP THREAD-06262011742.jpg   New to 1/5 BAJA 5B/5T HELP THREAD-07012011841.jpg  
Old 07-01-2013, 02:20 AM
Tech Elite

Bringing a old dead thread back to life... Obviously, I use to own a 5b and LOVED IT! Now, I am currently in the market for one (b/t/sc) preferably roller but open to artr. Posted a WTT/WTB thread. Thanks
Old 07-15-2013, 02:17 AM
Tech Elite

Its OFFICIAL! My return is in stone! I have just purchased a HPI BAJA 5T w/WOODSTER wide body (un-painted) with a CPI pipe and full odds and ends like spur gear, dog bones, clutch, radio, f/r mounted rib & paddles ALL NEW or LIEK NEW condition!... Nothing serious, Just the way I like it! To add my own character and mods

Here are the pics via the seller from HBF ~

Last edited by *JayVee*; 07-15-2013 at 04:08 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.