Wiki Posts
Search

New to 1/5 BAJA 5B/5T HELP THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *JayVee*
Yeah... there is no other way and both ball ends are the same size as far as I can tell. I am going to check the manual
I was just thinking that the pillow balls where swapped top is bottom...I'm not sure but I think the one i sold had diff offsets on them...I cant find that no leak coupler now either...I'm batting a zero today....I hate these cars..
Old 09-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chadj1980
I was just thinking that the pillow balls where swapped top is bottom...I'm not sure but I think the one i sold had diff offsets on them...I cant find that no leak coupler now either...I'm batting a zero today....I hate these cars..
Either u hate em..or that is the chaotic love about em...

Btw... here is the no leak

http://www.davesmotors.com/fd115
Old 09-30-2013, 07:32 AM
Tech Adept

Default Help

My rear arms on my 5b by the lower shock mount is being chewed up by the rims, I have rear extenders and still the same. I have rpm rear arm and they do it too. Help
Old 09-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Initiate

JayVee what brand wheel nuts are you rockin??? Looking great man!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

answered ya on HBF...But for everyone else ~ SILVERBACK nuts and Bead locks!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

JayVee did you get that linkage issue resolved??
Old 09-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

JayVee did you get that linkage issue resolved??
no not yet. Haven't farted around to much since. I am also dealing with the leaking blow by on the exhaust. I just haven't bought hose clamps for that issue. Dealing with personal house and family issues for the past 2-3 days... My 18yr old son all of sudden looked down and noticed he had balls... To his epic fail, they just weren't bigger then mine and there is not enuff room for 2 real men in one house hold. Hope the grass is greener on the other side... the end of that story!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Messed around with the baja and the small issues yesterday and looked into the problem of another bug with the baja. The issue resolved is the exhaust leak blow hy from the coupler. I went out and bought liner hose clamps and ran the engine for approx 10 min with clean results! No oil/gas mix pouring out! Now back up front with the steering servo arm angle. I resorted to the manual just to see the recommended set up and angle. The arm itself seems to be s et at the recommended 10deg slant. But the ball end seems to be on the highest point of the steering servo arm which is the reason for the exaggerated angle of the arm and potential fail or pop off during use not getting enough bit on the ball ends do to the angle. I will disconnect everything...again! And pull the rx box to make this adjustment tomorrow or so. Its such a pain with a T with the Baja Bros mount and side mount...grrrrrr! Now I see why the B is so much more popular and easy for open maintenance.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Messed around with the baja and the small issues yesterday and looked into the problem of another bug with the baja. The issue resolved is the exhaust leak blow hy from the coupler. I went out and bought liner hose clamps and ran the engine for approx 10 min with clean results! No oil/gas mix pouring out! Now back up front with the steering servo arm angle. I resorted to the manual just to see the recommended set up and angle. The arm itself seems to be s et at the recommended 10deg slant. But the ball end seems to be on the highest point of the steering servo arm which is the reason for the exaggerated angle of the arm and potential fail or pop off during use not getting enough bit on the ball ends do to the angle. I will disconnect everything...again! And pull the rx box to make this adjustment tomorrow or so. Its such a pain with a T with the Baja Bros mount and side mount...grrrrrr! Now I see why the B is so much more popular and easy for open maintenance.
I'm sure it is something stupid...
Old 10-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

I'm sure it is something stupid...
I just said what it was... Its mounted on the wrong mounting holes on the servo steering arm which misaligned it from one end to another causing that extreme tilt or angle. Thats easy...I am just glad to fix that blow by in the exhaust coupler. I also going to swap the stock rx for my futaba.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

I just said what it was... Its mounted on the wrong mounting holes on the servo steering arm which misaligned it from one end to another causing that extreme tilt or angle. Thats easy...I am just glad to fix that blow by in the exhaust coupler. I also going to swap the stock rx for my futaba.
See I told you it was something stupid....LOL!!! I was half asleep when i read your thread...
Old 10-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sometimes we look so hard for problems, the obvious ones escape our notice completely. Who hasn't been there? Looking good though, JayVee. Have you gotten to run her yet?
Old 10-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Big Trol
Sometimes we look so hard for problems, the obvious ones escape our notice completely. Who hasn't been there? Looking good though, JayVee. Have you gotten to run her yet?
Oh yeah! I got her started, idel, scream in throttle the whole 9. Just not driven due to the steering arm adjustment required. Its been about a week I haven't touched it due to personal issues here and there I am currently dealing with on a daily basis. I jump back on her here shortly.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hang in there Jay, tomorrow is another day. Hopefully much brighter.