Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hpi or king motors????

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 05:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Well I can say that the rovan is very well built ...and soon to have 3 of them.....can't beat the price and the way there built......and check out the nice radio they give...
Old 02-13-2011, 06:24 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

well thats just like being a blade sharpener, and saying to the executioner, How do you like the edge i put on the Blade, as your being led up to the chopping block.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:56 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by nexxus
Don;'t get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for Timmahh, I started with a Genuine 5B in 2006/7 and he was one of the most helpful blokes on the Baja forums, since then I have had a couple of clones as well as my 5B, I have none at the moment due to issues running locally.

That said, I think people are way too political about this, If someone buys a clone, they're not trying to hurt America, or any other country, sometimes it's simply a case of what they can't afford compared to what they can. If someone buying a clone gets them into the hobby, and they decide to move up to a HPI later, how the f.. is this a bad thing?

One thing to keep in mind Nexxus. atleast for me personally, this goes way beyond an RC Car.
lets be Frank. China, is a baby where the industrial revolution is concerned. they are now just doing things we found out (we being the USA, and many other Industrialized nations, like Australia) with in the last century and 1/2...
So, as a matter of fact, we have way more manufacturing experience than china does. We also have governmental agencies that were setup to help protect (or are supposed to anyways) the citizens from everything from unscrupulous Business owners, who would make people, including children under the age of 10 yrs old, from working 18 hrs a day, for 1/4 of the standard wages, usually less.

These agencies also protect us (or are supposed to) againt manufacturing concerns, like jumping into a 30 ton stamping machine to grab parts before it stamps the next part. or from Murcury, Lead, or Aspestos contamination during plant building, part manufacturing, ect....

China has very little of these Common and Respectable agencies that are designed to CARE and PROTECT the people. not just the people of china, but for the consumers of the world who buy china crap. China doesnt have these types of agencies because they dont care about their work force, or their customer potentials. they only see one thing, SELL SELL SELL.

So, without these type of governmental agencies, China just keep selling the crap to the world.

Lead and/or Murcury in Paint. Radioactive paint on childrens toys (think RC, or bettery yet McDonalds SHREK Glasses), Poisens in the pet foods they sell to the world, and thats just the tip of the iceburg.

just look around youtube and watch some of the china factorys use of their work force. then keep in mind they do what they do in a week, for the equivilent of what man of us make in an hr or less.
then keep in mind this is how they want YOU to work for THEM as well.
if not you, thats ok, your 8 year old child will do.

it it a political issue? your damn right it is. its an ISSUE due to the devistation it does, not only to their own citizens, but tot the world at large.

and if you think things are bad now, wait until the US is about to lose, then loses the exchange basis for the world trade community. When that happens, you ll see America brang down to the level of a 3rd world nation. and thats what many of the large world governments want...
DO you reall think most Big Business ran companies, want to pay you, their employee, a fair weekly wage? not when China will make its own citizens jump into 30ton presses to grab a part every 25 seconds. Hope you didnt piss off the guy that has to grab your legs and pull you out before the press stamps the next piece. if you did piss him off, he may MIss Grabbing your leg to pul you out.

World Government organizers are posturing to replace the US Dollar as the worlds trade for international commerce, with the newly formed Euro. Whats wrong with that you ask? simple, the EURO is not a currency beholden to any one country, it is a currency beholden to ONLY LARGE INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS. Not a single goverment currency, but a multiple world industrial currency. IF this happens, then its BIG BUSINESS (some of which are Chinas largest businesses) that has control of the world trade currency. Now, if your ok with a company owning the currency they are supposed to be paying you with, do you really think they wont treat all humans like a commodity? not just the ones they can do that to now? like the Chinese? use your brain, god or evolution gave it to you, shouldnt you atleast use it for more than a hatrack?

DO you really want to work for a company that pays its employess less than what is needed for a single person to survive, let alone an entire family? and for that wage, getst to risk your life ever 30 seconds, for 14 hrs a day, for less than an hrs worth of wage that you currently enjoy?

the world at large (governments) dont like america because we have a middle class. we have common people that have made great leaps forward to a better citizen. fact is, if we didnt have a middle class here in america, the rest of the world citizens, whould have nothing to aspire to, thus no need to try to force their own governement into allowing its citizens the oppertunity to grow and improve their lives.

to most governments, the Citizens are a commodity, and thats the way the want to keep it. Our Middle Class inspires citizens around the world to strive and fight to be more like us, because they WANT that freedom that comes with it. but the governments dont want that, nor do the large business. IF that were to happen, that means they would have less power and money. and that is what they want to stop.

so you can complain all you want about this issue, but the bottom line fact is, Americas Middle Class is the Inspiration for the rest of the world citizens to STEP UP and get your freedom (can you say EGYPT). the more middle class citizens the world has, the less money and control the governments and large business' have.
you think they are going to let that go without so much as a whimper, think again.

is it political, your damn right it is. am i fighting for america? your damn right I am. I Will also be fighting for people like yourself Nexxus. People that for some reason, just cant see the forest thru the trees. those that think all government and large business are the common mans friends. Let me tell you, with friends like those, one doesnt need enemys.

So I ask again, look at the BIG PICTURE. HONESTLY know the facts, then follow the most logical path of things to come, and then decide if thats is something you can support, not as an Australian, or an Amercian, but as a Human of todays world.

Last edited by Timmahh; 02-13-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Well said. I agree and it makes sense. Also makes me glad I purchase the way I do.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

I just bought another rovan ...so now my brother have one.....
Old 02-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hpi manufactures their cars in the USA?
Old 02-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Suspended

no, HPIs mnfg is in Taiwan. I wish it were in the USA. Though, if it were, the items would be double the cost to purchase, maybe more.

but HPI is a USA company. Id really like for them to move the full manufacturing facility to the states, but theirs is in Taiwan.

but that isnt the point, the point is any company that makes any type of exact copy, without working thru the fair trade laws, ie paying royalties, folllowing copywrite laws ect....is the same as theft imo.

and when the materials they use cause injury or death to anyone, its a huge issue. now, im not saying if you buy a rovan, km, you or someone may die from you using it. what i am saying, is by purchasing it, you are supporting the very thing that you want to rid out of your communitys.

same goes for shopping at walmart. now there are a few pluses. they use Murphy Oil. Murphy Oil is a USA owned, operated and only use USA oil from USA oilwells. SO all the gas/oil you buy from Murphys, supports what we have from our USA produced oil. so your supporting american companys when you purchase gas from Murphy Oil.

but when you go into walmart, and buy the Froot of the Loom undies, or any other common products, in many cases, wheter you know it or not, you are buying items made in china that are knockoff, though in many cases legal because Walmart has negotiated deals with many of the manufacturers of items they sell. Many things are made in factories owned, or leased by Walmart, to make cheap copys of the products the can.

Walmart has a deal with FOTL, and other companies, to use their names on identical but lesser quality made products from their facilities in China.

the products have to meet a minimum standard these companies set. This standard is typically far below what FOTL sets for their own products, which they package and distribute seperate from Walmart.

whats the differance you ask? walmart 3pk of FOTL undies is 7.99 you may be able to use them for 6 months to a year before they are worn out, falling apart, or so thin, they are no longer undies, but a see thru girddle instead.

now you go to Meijers (superstore here in MIchigan) and you buy the 3pk of FOTL undies for 13.99. these will last 5 times as long as the cheapy walmart ones. so you have to replace the walmart ones every yr for 4 yrs after your initial, to get the same life out of the ones that cost twice the amount initially. so overall you ll save 25.00 by purchasing the quality undies from Meijers the first time, opposed to the cheap ones at wallmare.

also, the meijers FOTL cost Meijers 10.99 to shelf, and sell for 13.99. for a profit of 3.00 for meijers. (before overhead)

the wallyworld undies cost 1.49 to shelf, ans sell for 7.99, a profit of 6.50 for walmart. (before overhead)

so you add it up. its not hard to see whats the smart thing to do, once you take a look at the bigger picture.

Last edited by Timmahh; 02-14-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Short and sweet HPI
Old 02-16-2011, 11:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I can't stand the "all this bitching over a toy car" arguments. The sales of these cars put food on their tables and puts their kids through school. When you support companies like King Motor and Rovan your indirectly stealing form every employee from HPI.

Bottom-line:
1/5th is expensive, get used to it.

If you stay in the hobby long enough you'll end up buy the car 3 times over. I have over 2 grand in my 5B, not including the price of the car, and I'm proud to say that it's a genuine HPI 5b, and not some clone crap.

-Tony
Old 02-17-2011, 12:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RacerX20
I can't stand the "all this bitching over a toy car" arguments. The sales of these cars put food on their tables and puts their kids through school. When you support companies like King Motor and Rovan your indirectly stealing form every employee from HPI.

Bottom-line:
1/5th is expensive, get used to it.

If you stay in the hobby long enough you'll end up buy the car 3 times over. I have over 2 grand in my 5B, not including the price of the car, and I'm proud to say that it's a genuine HPI 5b, and not some clone crap.

-Tony
+! on that
Old 02-17-2011, 03:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

I under the impession "everything is made in China"
It sucks, but thats the way it is.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:47 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RCaddict0
I under the impession "everything is made in China"
It sucks, but thats the way it is.
if it were made in the states completely, i cant begin to imagine how much the majority of people would bitch about pricing then..

Until the majority of americans get over the fact that they arent worth the wages they demand, it makes sense for the companys to manufacture over there! lets face it..the majority of people in this country are dumb as shit, with no particular NEEDED skills. if you have a 7.50hr education, you only deserve 7.50 an hour..
Old 02-17-2011, 06:16 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FTSC10
if it were made in the states completely, i cant begin to imagine how much the majority of people would bitch about pricing then..

Until the majority of americans get over the fact that they arent worth the wages they demand, it makes sense for the companys to manufacture over there! lets face it..the majority of people in this country are dumb as shit, with no particular NEEDED skills. if you have a 7.50hr education, you only deserve 7.50 an hour..
ROFLMAO
Old 02-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Suspended

why i agree about work is what its worth. heres something to ponder.

here in the States we are trying to RAISE the standard of living (as a peoples) for not only us, but others in the world. and while some may not be EDUCATED, its long been proven Experience will teach you far more than a book ever could.

just because a brain surgeon went to school for 12 yrs, doesnt mean he is worth 30x the salary of a Teacher, educating the next generation of drs and surgeons. nor does it mean that teacher is worth more than the janitor. if he dont take out the trash, the teacher nor surgeon have a clean and safe facility to use.

its not about worth of the job, its about worth of the human doing the job. educated or not, dumb as a brick, or Steven Hawkings smart, a human working is a human keeping the system moving.

its a greed thing.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Timmahh
why i agree about work is what its worth. heres something to ponder.

here in the States we are trying to RAISE the standard of living (as a peoples) for not only us, but others in the world. and while some may not be EDUCATED, its long been proven Experience will teach you far more than a book ever could.

just because a brain surgeon went to school for 12 yrs, doesnt mean he is worth 30x the salary of a Teacher, educating the next generation of drs and surgeons. nor does it mean that teacher is worth more than the janitor. if he dont take out the trash, the teacher nor surgeon have a clean and safe facility to use.

its not about worth of the job, its about worth of the human doing the job. educated or not, dumb as a brick, or Steven Hawkings smart, a human working is a human keeping the system moving.

its a greed thing.
while i agree on some, i disagree on other points you make.

raise the standard of living? seriously...with all the greed/corruption in our government, not to mention the social parasites{gangs/criminals/ etcetc}, its never going to change, its going to continually get worse. how the hell is the US going to set example for the world, when the US cant even help its own people who TRUELY need it? instead any little scuffle in the world, they feel the need to put their greedy nose in it...

and yes it is about worth of the job, if you have no education, expect to do shitty work, with shitty wages, if you cant see or accept that FACT, then you live in a dreamworld. people with no needed skills, a lackluster education, and a shitty work ethic, demand top dollar for jobs that monkeys could do...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.