Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by simplechamp
I'm not sure I understand how you are explaining the bearing setup. If the bearing flanges/slots were facing away from the bearing it wouldn't have any support?
The cap joints keep everything together.
Stock the flange is on the outside,if you flip them around the bearings would pop out, but because of the cap joints the,bearing cant move,and since theres still 2 supports and everything is tied down with chassis and the upport brace everything should move as a unit
Old 01-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

But what is supporting the bearing? I understand you can captivate the bearings and keep them inside the 2 diff supports, but something needs to support the bearing. If you flip the motor mount around and there is no place for the bearing to sit in what supports it?

I guess I'm unclear what a cap joint is.

If you flip the diff support and motor mount facing opposite of how they usually are that would move the distance between the two bearings, and the bearings on the diff can't be adjusted to account for that.

Maybe a picture would help me understand? I may just be missing something here.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by simplechamp
But what is supporting the bearing? I understand you can captivate the bearings and keep them inside the 2 diff supports, but something needs to support the bearing. If you flip the motor mount around and there is no place for the bearing to sit in what supports it?

I guess I'm unclear what a cap joint is.

If you flip the diff support and motor mount facing opposite of how they usually are that would move the distance between the two bearings, and the bearings on the diff can't be adjusted to account for that.

Maybe a picture would help me understand? I may just be missing something here.
Ok I see what your saying, I was not using a diff , I was using the center spool, the cap joints are what the drive shafts go into,the difference is about 3.2mm total or 1.6mm on either end, the cap joint set screw still has meat to grab onto but not like the normal mounting, thanks for the input it's always good to get input , I have a center diff I have to dig out and see what I can do, I was planning on also making the front center support also , this will allow me to make the flange thinner and still be able to keep the bearing from "walking"
I guess the question is would peole like to be able to alter the motor location from side to side and to the left front?
Old 01-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

OK makes more sense now! I assumed a center diff just because I'm used to my buggy being off-road, forgot a lot of people use a locked spool or 2-speed for GT.

I personally chose to have the motor in the front left because that was my previous setup, and I have all 2S hardcase packs for a saddle setup. It wouldn't be very hard to flip around to right rear and have a single pack setup.

If you put the motor on the left rear you might be limiting your battery tray size a bit, because you would have the servo mount up front, whereas on the other side there is nothing all the way up to the steering post. But I think there would be enough room either way, just have to move the ESC around a bit.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys, need some advice on what shock pistons to use.

Which is preferable: 6 larger holes, 8 medium holes, or 10 smaller holes.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default im in converse ...id love to do some parking lot racing

Originally Posted by -TC5racer-
Man I wish I lived there so I could race with you guy's!!! I feel like I'm all alone here in TX although I'm not. It's not like Cali.
777 converted to brushless ..mmm 2200 6s nano...i love my car..id like to get a gt body for it ......
dion
1 210 264 6951
Old 01-21-2011, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well guys,

I received fresh pics from Alpha RC factory in Brazil, this body for DM SPEC / GTP2-E / 1/8th chassis looks awesome to me at least hehehehe ... enjoy :

Im blessed as will be debuting with this body on the "Copa del Pacifico" race in Peru next February 10th-13th ... hope to post some videos of testing of this body from factory during next couple days.

ps : - Pictures were taken over a Ofna GTP2-E

ps2 : - Remember, Alpha RC exclusive distributor in USA is MAX VELOCITY RACING @ http://www.maxvelocityracing.com

cya !

Pato Concha
Alpha RC Factory Driver
Old 01-21-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dionysus
777 converted to brushless ..mmm 2200 6s nano...i love my car..id like to get a gt body for it ......
dion
1 210 264 6951
We race GT in Austin every Saturday. I live in San Antonio and I go up to Austin to race. Only takes about 45 minutes to get to the track. Come join us!

All you need is the shock towers and the body mounts and you are good to go. You can find them on my website. www.igthobbies.com
Old 01-21-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Bill, I got all the parts and everything installed so thanks so much. Like always, you've got a great thing going with your GT store.
Would you happen to know if there's a 40-42T spur gear thats a direct fit on the Kyosho center diff (single speed/electric one)? If so, could you give me a part number and I'll place the order today. Thanks so much. Eric
Old 01-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Missle
Hey Bill, I got all the parts and everything installed so thanks so much. Like always, you've got a great thing going with your GT store.
Would you happen to know if there's a 40-42T spur gear thats a direct fit on the Kyosho center diff (single speed/electric one)? If so, could you give me a part number and I'll place the order today. Thanks so much. Eric
OFNA makes a 40T spur gear that may fit, and the smallest that Kyosho makes is a 44T that is a direct fit. I sent you a PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Well guys,

I received fresh pics from Alpha RC factory in Brazil, this body for DM SPEC / GTP2-E / 1/8th chassis looks awesome to me at least hehehehe ... enjoy :

Im blessed as will be debuting with this body on the "Copa del Pacifico" race in Peru next February 10th-13th ... hope to post some videos of testing of this body from factory during next couple days.

ps : - Pictures were taken over a Ofna GTP2-E

ps2 : - Remember, Alpha RC exclusive distributor in USA is MAX VELOCITY RACING @ http://www.maxvelocityracing.com

cya !

Pato Concha
Alpha RC Factory Driver
That body looks great. When will this version be available? I see the GT2 version can already be purchased.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Well guys, I received fresh pics from Alpha RC factory in Brazil, this body for DM SPEC / GTP2-E / 1/8th chassis looks awesome to me at least hehehehe ... enjoy : Im blessed as will be debuting with this body on the "Copa del Pacifico" race in Peru next February 10th-13th ... hope to post some videos of testing of this body from factory during next couple days. ps : - Pictures were taken over a Ofna GTP2-E ps2 : - Remember, Alpha RC exclusive distributor in USA is MAX VELOCITY RACING @ http://www.maxvelocityracing.com cya ! Pato Concha Alpha RC Factory Driver
Pato, great looking body, love the wing!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Could anyone take a measurement for me? I want to know how high your body posts are (from chassis to where clips go in). Also if you could post what body you are running that would help too.

I'm trying to mount my body mounts and they are looking a bit too high, but I'm not sure. There is plenty of adjustment, but if they are too high I can only go down so far.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Old 01-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

What kind of spring rates are people running? Either in lb/in or N/mm. (1 N/mm = 5.7 lb/in)

I'm just looking for a starting point. Does 6 lb/in sound about right? Or even firmer?

I have decided to can the idea of using 1/8 buggy front shocks and switch to Revo shocks. Between the Revo and Jato springs there is a wide variety of available spring rates, and the cost of both the shocks and springs is very cheap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.