Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by blueryu
i am in process of building carbon fiber brushless conversion IGT2 and this seems like the thread for questions. first off, what is the best 2spd clutchbell to use that works with the Tekno Elektri-clutch?
First of all, I don't know the answer but most likely the Tekno guys will chime in with a good answer for you.

The key question to ask when staying with two-speed is, are you going to be running in a track that is big enough for you to benefit from keeping your two-speed? I normally run on short tracks, so I obviously decided on single speed/center diff option. Also, it eliminates one more thing to have to worry about. Food for thought....just my .02.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
First of all, I don't know the answer but most likely the Tekno guys will chime in with a good answer for you.

The key question to ask when staying with two-speed is, are you going to be running in a track that is big enough for you to benefit from keeping your two-speed? I normally run on short tracks, so I obviously decided on single speed/center diff option. Also, it eliminates one more thing to have to worry about. Food for thought....just my .02.
Are you ever going to tell me what you used for your single speed center diff? (hee-hee)

Old 04-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by whipnet
Are you ever going to tell me what you used for your single speed center diff? (hee-hee)

I did I think.......Yes I did. Did you check post #1543???
Here it is again.

OFNA JAMMIN X2 CRT PRO Diff Center Set, I just saw one on E-Bay. Just do a search. $38 new

I'm using 100k diff oil in my center diff....just in case.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Here it is again.

OFNA JAMMIN X2 CRT PRO Diff Center Set, I just saw one on E-Bay. Just do a search. $38 new

yes you posted it earlier.I found a listing in ebay..they got about 8 left

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

also, i am now wondering what connectors I should use from my batter to connect to the ESC?

http://www.teamtekin.com/accessories.html
^^ I was wondering if I should go with the tekin 5.5 or 6.5mm bullets for my ESC to battery connection..or if anyone has recommendations to connectors better then the Deans.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here it is again.

Yep, you sure did! DOH!

Thanks man.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

whipnet,
If your doing a conversion on a IGT 2, I'd get with wildbillmassey at IGTHobbies. I've done mine with the Kyosho kit, the Kyosho center diff, the CC/Neu 1518 1800kv on 4S (practice) and 6S and I love it some much more than when I originally had it with the 2sp.
Also, last week I slammed the wall really hard and actually broke the output post on the front diff case. Long story short, I did some experimenting with the HPI aluminum diff case (for better strength), the HPI output cups, the stock kyosho diff gears, and the stock kyosho ring gear. Believe it or not, it all fits perfectly ! So now I'm gonna do the same for the rear diff unless someone knows of a Kyosho aluminum diff setup.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Missle
whipnet,
If your doing a conversion on a IGT 2, I'd get with wildbillmassey at IGTHobbies. I've done mine with the Kyosho kit, the Kyosho center diff, the CC/Neu 1518 1800kv on 4S (practice) and 6S and I love it some much more than when I originally had it with the 2sp.
Also, last week I slammed the wall really hard and actually broke the output post on the front diff case. Long story short, I did some experimenting with the HPI aluminum diff case (for better strength), the HPI output cups, the stock kyosho diff gears, and the stock kyosho ring gear. Believe it or not, it all fits perfectly ! So now I'm gonna do the same for the rear diff unless someone knows of a Kyosho aluminum diff setup.
hey,
do you have any pics of the part you broke? and links to HPI parts used?
Old 04-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Missle
whipnet,
Hey bud, I have a converted DM-1 and I am still running the 2 speed, but considering simplifying things.

Interesting about the HPI parts meshing with the Kyosho though. Good info.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

The Frankenstein differentials strike again LOL!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thought i would throw up my Ofna GTE.

It should see a track in about 2 weeks.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Ken Block GT8. NICE! take some pics w/o the body....show off the carbon fiber goodies.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by blueryu
hey,
do you have any pics of the part you broke? and links to HPI parts used?
I'll post pics and the part numbers tonight when I get home from work. I was totally shock that it would all mesh, but after trying different configurations, the best fit was the kyosho gears (internals) with the HPI output cups and the kyosho ring gear. The bolt patterns match up perfectly
The other good thing is I didn't have to use more than the standard-single shims to get the gears nice and smooth without play.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:03 AM
Tech Adept

Oh yea, forgot to mention that I got my new alpha tires with the black rims (thanks Bill). I can't wait to try them (hopefully Wednesday) so I'll no weather or not to order another 10 sets.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra
Thought i would throw up my Ofna GTE.

It should see a track in about 2 weeks.
Looking good man. Let's see those topless pics!

Old 04-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Found this on youtube, who's running what here?

I hope ya'll consider racing with us at our GT Nationals in Texas next October, will be a lotta fun!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.