Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th Scale On-road

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

Interesting stuff about the flywheel, so engines tend to like to 'push' against something rather than just spin up too quick.

I was really interested in Serpents new clutch + 2 speed housing etc. They look extremly light, lots of material removed etc.

I'm going on the presumption, rightly or wrongly?, that if you remove some of the rotating mass it will allow the engine to spin up quicker? giving you better punch out of corners?

I have all the Kawahara lightweight parts for my MRX3 but have not had a chance to try them yet.

All the best
Old 01-28-2004, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

IMO the heavier flywheel, with more rotating mass, keeps the engine's momentum going a little bit more at low speeds. The lighter flywheel makes the engine more of a light switch- the rpm's fall and therefore rise more quickly. It comes down to driving style preferences- for me and my skill level, the lighter flywheel is harder to drive, and perhaps as mentioned before, a little harder to tune at idle. I do use the lightened flyweights, however.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Is this true?

Mugen MRX-4

A new, completely changed 1-8 on road wil be coming end april from mugen... the MRX-4

Much more will of course follow in www.RadioControl.gr next week
Old 02-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by laorc
Is this true?

Mugen MRX-4

A new, completely changed 1-8 on road wil be coming end april from mugen... the MRX-4

Much more will of course follow in www.RadioControl.gr next week
Oh man! tell me this is just a rumor! I just got the MRX3 not too long ago! damn it
Old 02-09-2004, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ah10
Oh man! tell me this is just a rumor! I just got the MRX3 not too long ago! damn it
the mrx-3 is stil a badass car no matter what. i bet it would have a lay down throttle servo and in that case...who cares.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Wink

Originally posted by laorc
Is this true?

Mugen MRX-4

wil be coming end april from mugen... the MRX-4

Old 02-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Uh oh does Ron know something we don't?! Good luck in Florida buddy, keep us posted on what's happening if you can ( I assume you've got a PC with you!).

BTW has anyone seen entry forms or anything yet regarding the Nationals yet? Supposedly it will be held at the RAMS club facility in San Jose, CA.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kevink2
Uh oh does Ron know something we don't?! Good luck in Florida buddy, keep us posted on what's happening if you can ( I assume you've got a PC with you!).

BTW has anyone seen entry forms or anything yet regarding the Nationals yet? Supposedly it will be held at the RAMS club facility in San Jose, CA.
[/QU

I don't they'll post an entry form until about 2 months before the event. I don't think the Nats are happening till June.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Cool thanks Chris. How's Mr. Evolva? I know you've been busy with that LD3 but did you ever get a chance to try it out?
Old 02-10-2004, 08:11 PM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by kevink2
Just in case someone hasn't seen today's results, after round 2:

1/8th

Ralph Burch
Danny Horta
Masao Tanaka
Mike Swauger
David Spashett
Scotty Gray
Marco Vani
Keisuke Fukuda
Rick Vrielijnck
Michael Patterson

(Michael Salven is currently 13th.)

200mm

Keisuke Fukuda
Michael Salven
Ralph Burch
Gerhard Kandelhart
Brandon McNally

The Nationals are July 18th - Aug 1st. We'll have a web page up later this month with details on location, hotels, etc., but entry forms will not be available until closer to the event.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:04 PM
P
Tech Initiate

Hey KMW or anyone else here I have a tire question where do I measure the rear tires for an 8th scale??????????????

since there is a 2 degree of camber on the rear tires...Do I measure from the inside or outer?????????

IM thinking it's inside but Ill ask...

And How about tires size???? I know that I want a smaller tires on the qualifier but what size to start???
Old 02-11-2004, 10:51 AM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by P
Hey KMW or anyone else here I have a tire question where do I measure the rear tires for an 8th scale??????????????

since there is a 2 degree of camber on the rear tires...Do I measure from the inside or outer?????????

IM thinking it's inside but Ill ask...
What up P!

Measure from the side with the largest diameter. There isn't always 2 degrees of camber on the rear tires--that's your choice.

And How about tires size???? I know that I want a smaller tires on the qualifier but what size to start???
If you're not sure where to start then I would recommend using what's listed on the basic setup sheet, or close to it (keeping a 7mm split): 69mm front, 76mm rear.

In a nutshell tire size depends on several factors, one of which is money. Some others are rollout, handling, overdrive, and potential for chunking. Come see me at the track, or I'll stop by the shop, and I can help get you started on learning this stuff.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by kevink2
Cool thanks Chris. How's Mr. Evolva? I know you've been busy with that LD3 but did you ever get a chance to try it out?

Mr. Evolva is on the backburner....With all the racing and having to drive a sedan,( I'm even trying 1/8th scale buggy ) it would be pretty tough to try out a new 1/8th scale car.

When are you coming out to the track?? I have a couple bodies for you.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by C Verano
Mr. Evolva is on the backburner....With all the racing and having to drive a sedan,( I'm even trying 1/8th scale buggy ) it would be pretty tough to try out a new 1/8th scale car.

When are you coming out to the track?? I have a couple bodies for you.
Cool, trying to reassemble the car right now (I busted it up pretty good a few weekends ago), hopefully going to run somewhere this weekend.

BTW found some Winternats qualifying links through Starting Grid:

http://www.molzermoweryracing.com/wi...ualifying.html

C'mon Ron!
Old 02-12-2004, 05:16 PM
it
Tech Regular

Default Anyone in this forum !!!

Participating in the Nats 04!!!

Highlights on the pits would be great!!!! Not just on the Mytsn.com I would like to hear news from racers that really raced and felt the the tensity!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.