Like Tree6Likes

Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Bump!
Old 12-01-2010, 01:42 AM
Tech Rookie

1/8 on-road electro: it is the international class? I can not find a rule of race and technical requirements. If who has the information, share, please.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vitaly
1/8 on-road electro: it is the international class? I can not find a rule of race and technical requirements. If who has the information, share, please.
1/8 electric on-road is not an official class. (yet)
As most classes start as an experiment and eventually grow in popularity until enough enthusiasm surrounds a given scale or design thus evolving into a validated class.
It's really all about popularity. If enough people find the class enjoyable, more will join the competition.

Let's hope that the manufacturers continue to see growth in the electric 1/8th scale segment and someday it will be an official class.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by YoDog
1/8 electric on-road is not an official class. (yet)
As most classes start as an experiment and eventually grow in popularity until enough enthusiasm surrounds a given scale or design thus evolving into a validated class.
It's really all about popularity. If enough people find the class enjoyable, more will join the competition.

Let's hope that the manufacturers continue to see growth in the electric 1/8th scale segment and someday it will be an official class.
Thanks for the information. We shall hope, that 1/8 on-road electro will ratify in the foreseeable future
Old 01-10-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Bump it up for a new racing season!!!

Let's see some new projects...
Old 01-15-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Solara
I think buying a Serpent 960, mounting the brushless system and run like 8 cells or 3 cells LIPO would be very simple to convert (for those that have the tools and skill)...however, I think the car will be extremely heavy for electric motor....

A better solution should be convert 1 of the CRC 1/10th or AE 1/10th...and make it wider and longer to fit into 1/8th scale Lola body......and some special wheel mount to fit those 1/8th foam tires and run it RWD(2WD)...

Most of the 1/8th track are prepped and traction should be high......and with the technology of brushless and LI-PO....I think it will be FASTER or at least par with the current 1/8th gas car....probably can run 10-15 minutes per pack too...
i have taken a edam razor 1/8 scale roadcar 4wd and put a mmm esc with a 2200kv castle motor on it. runnibng 6s lipo max amps newest cut the radio tray out enough to hold the battery tray. this thing is crazy fast. there is not a nitro car running in the circuit that goes this fast.now i cant drive it that good lol. ive been in it for 20 plus years but it looks really good really clean design with 1.9 hp on the wheels. it has been clocked at 108 mph. i had a problem with wind getting under it and then liftoff like a plane with no wings. i made aero adjustments and stopped that.. running the blitz razor body with ho down force. so there is room for 1/8 electric . lets all do it. anyone who had the serpent 960 they have a motor mount that bolts strate in to hold your electric motor. mount your esc strap in a 6s battery and watch it fly. the serpent is that easy
Old 01-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

I have actually been working on a pan car design but I want to do something a little different not to mention it needs to be really strong to withstand high speed racing conditions.
I'll be sure to post images up as soon as I have something worth posting.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

**BUMP**

There is an awesome track here in Kissimmee, I would love to debut an 1/8 scale electric on road pan car.

Check this out.

http://www.kissrcraceway.com/
Old 02-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Rookie

razorsteve
can you show pictures Edam Razor 6S?
Old 02-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is my edam razor... I was working on it a few months ago, but seems here (in spain) people is not excited enough with this, i canŽt understand it. I had a (burn) problem with my rx8 so iŽll try the mmm. It seems that the tekin doesnŽt works fine with 6s (almost mine)... IŽd like to see another "central" 6s designs for 1/8 scale...

Regards!
Attached Thumbnails Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-la-foto.jpg  
Old 02-23-2011, 03:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by karamelobcn
This is my edam razor... I was working on it a few months ago, but seems here (in spain) people is not excited enough with this, i canŽt understand it. I had a (burn) problem with my rx8 so iŽll try the mmm. It seems that the tekin doesnŽt works fine with 6s (almost mine)... IŽd like to see another "central" 6s designs for 1/8 scale...

Regards!
Very cool! I would love to have one of those and a track like the one in Kissimmee to run it on
Old 02-23-2011, 04:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi george, how long!! Hope you are well. When you try one of this youŽll be excited. They are crazy fast. As fast as 1/8 nitro but more agressive (if you want) with acceleration and more agile cornering out...
Old 02-24-2011, 04:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'll bet they are fast! Would love to build one but the only tracks within a hundred miles of where I live are only big enough for 1/10 scale cars.
Anyway, good to hear from ya. I'm still banging away with the 1/10 scale 17.5 TC class. Lots of fun and close racing.
Here's a pic of my latest ride.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
I have actually been working on a pan car design but I want to do something a little different not to mention it needs to be really strong to withstand high speed racing conditions.
I'll be sure to post images up as soon as I have something worth posting.
Got any teaser drawings?
Old 02-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by williamw
Got any teaser drawings?
Not yet but I am toying around with the idea of integrating a gear diff instead of the traditional "ball diff" due to the increased power and loading of a bigger car. I'm looking for something off the shelf that can be modified or is generic enough to attach whatever drive system to it. (belt/gear/shaft)
Has anybody tried a pod style pan car with a suspended front end?
Just curious...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.