Like Tree3Likes

1/10th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkA
SoCal ?

Who's going this Satuday? I'm a "maybe" as of right now.
I'm a maybe, after 4pm. GF
Old 08-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Saturday 8/20

Hi---

Looks like I can make it on Saturday; Jason and I were the only ones there last night, so both of us raced Touring only. Hope we get a class this Sat.; missing the pan cars!

Terry V.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

I should be there Saturday.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Default RC10LS body

Can someone help me about this? I am looking for RC10LS body (GTP) Style. Do you know where can I buy it?
Old 08-16-2005, 02:17 AM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What part of the world are you?
Old 08-16-2005, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aksarben
Can someone help me about this? I am looking for RC10LS body (GTP) Style. Do you know where can I buy it?
If you're in North America, you can order the Protoform Peugeot from Stormer, easily or you can backorder the HB Toyota from Tower. If you're in Europe, have Pro Ten Holland hook you up.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Default RC10LS body

Thank you every one, I am in Bangkok, Thailand. Most of people in Bangkok run touring, but I love lan car the best.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Default RC10LS body

OH...I forgot that I used to live at Riverside, Ca in 1995 and I bought my RC10LS from Hobbytown. I move from CA to Omaha, NE and lived there for five years. Now, I am in Thailand.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Pan Car also remains in action in Japan so perhaps a Japanese shop would be a better bet – I’d start by contacting www.rainbowten.co.jp - Pan Car bodies in Asia are usually sold in Yokomo packaging.

Another option would be the AE Nissan - Associated part#6128 - you may be able to have any local hobby shop that carries Associated stuff order one for you.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey guys . it's been a while.

Finally got to build my pan car . will have the body painted next week .So far have fitted the servo , receiver and lipo batteries .Going to run the lipos in parralel to get 6200mah and hopefully around 25mins runtime.
Weighed the two lipo packs together and they come out out 2/3 of the weight of a regular 6 cell saddle pack.

Still havn't decided on what brushless set up to run , as there are a few new ones coming out. The car isn't even running yet and iv'e had quite a bit of interest shown in it down here in OZ.
Attached Thumbnails 1/10th pan car-dsc00003.jpg  
Old 08-17-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

That's a lot of battery!!!! Should be very fast and run for a long time.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

http://www.vansinvent.com appears to be who bought up DAHM'S RACING BODIES, and still shows some onroad pan car bodies available.

I don't know how they worked, but at least they make for another option.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by ffactory666
Hey guys . it's been a while.

Finally got to build my pan car . will have the body painted next week .So far have fitted the servo , receiver and lipo batteries .Going to run the lipos in parralel to get 6200mah and hopefully around 25mins runtime.
Weighed the two lipo packs together and they come out out 2/3 of the weight of a regular 6 cell saddle pack.

Still havn't decided on what brushless set up to run , as there are a few new ones coming out. The car isn't even running yet and iv'e had quite a bit of interest shown in it down here in OZ.
I've seen one driver with an L2 running the LRP-Reedy brushless setup. He was very fast down the straight. That would be a safe bet.The older Novak setup doesn't seem to be either really fast or reliable. Maybe the new versions are going to be better.
I do hope you can get it all to fit in there! It already looks crowded under there without ESC!
Old 08-17-2005, 11:12 PM

I had a good training session last night. There was plenty of traction, and we had the transponder system up and running, so we could monitor our laptimes. I tried some different setups, and even improved on my personal best laptime. Previous best was 16.1, now a posted a 15.9. At last, now I'm officially in the 15's club All other laps that run were in 16.0 to 16.3 range.
I'm currently experimenting with several front end adjustments. Previously I only used the 10degree caster blocks, last night I used the 0degrees parts. It made the car more stable in the slower corners, but a little too stable for my taste. Next week, I'll try both setups back-to-back. If the lap counting system is on, I can see what suits my driving style best. I also want to try the trailing steering blocks again. I now run the inline's. They seem to make my car a little nervous from neutral. I am however afraid I will loose too much mid-corner steering.
But further testing shall reveal the truth!
Pieter was doing well. He had a slow motor, but his car looked very stable, as was his driving. Too bad his leafsping broke halfway the night after touching the pitwall. It is good to see he's progressing very steadily. Erwin, you better start training, for he's coming for you
Old 08-18-2005, 12:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro ten Holland
I've seen one driver with an L2 running the LRP-Reedy brushless setup. He was very fast down the straight. That would be a safe bet.The older Novak setup doesn't seem to be either really fast or reliable. Maybe the new versions are going to be better.
I do hope you can get it all to fit in there! It already looks crowded under there without ESC!
Finally decided on what system to get , it fits and should handle long run times well.

Going to get Novaks new GTB brushless system , comes out early Septemebr
http://www.teamnovak.com/products/brushless/gtb_system/

The Novak speedo is small compared to the LRP and will fit in front of the left battery , just measured the space i have and going by the GTB specs it will fit nicely.The fan will come in handy when running for prolonged times and the GTB with fan is still smaller in height compared to a Novak rooster with heatsinks and no fan. . I got that spec directly from Charlie at Novak as i was worried about the height of it with the fan.

Only thing i have to use a low voltage cut off with the Novak as it's not designed for lipos and you can't discharge lipo cells below a certain voltage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.