Search
Like Tree3Likes

1/10th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 01:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by EPeters
Where did you find the esc for 158€ LRP Qpro
At rcshoproal. They do mailorder by the way.

Here's the direct link.

http://www.rcshoproal.nl/easyshopmak...rpquantum.html
Old 11-27-2003, 02:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Still go for the QComp in Germany

Originally posted by neelon
At rcshoproal. They do mailorder by the way.

Here's the direct link.

http://www.rcshoproal.nl/easyshopmak...rpquantum.html
For those few bucks get the top esc, and my gas is paid by my boss so...

And i'm gona call HK for a price update of the Tube damper conversion.
All other parts are cheaper.
Old 11-27-2003, 03:22 AM

Some good choices in ESC I have had now, I'll just see where I can get is for a decent price, but I'll aim for either the GT7 or the Quantum Pro (or the 2 when I find it).

I already have a personal transponder, so that's covered.

Tires I don't know really, as I got my car second-hand. I think it is a hardness 18 tire in the rear, front I forgot, but there were some spares in the box. I'll just see how it drives, otherwise swap them for different ones when need be.

I will start with a 16T or 17T motor, otherwise I might even launch the car of the track right into the clubhouse. What would be a good and reliable (maintanance wise also) motor to start with?
For a motor to start with, get yourself a rebuildable mod. Best machine wound, because these are cheap. Look for dual ball bearings and adjustable timing. If it doesn't have that, it's useless after about 20 runs. Avoid Corally's motors, they're not good. The top bearing is squezed in the can so tight it just doesn't work right. Super wear on the bearing, slow motors, hot motors, poor speed and run time.
Look for motors from Orion, Peak, Reedy, anything you can get your hands on for a good price. You'll be upgrading to a twelve when you get to a larger track, or get your car's handling down. When you get it right, you should faster than any of the sedan's, even if they do run 12turns.
If you get a good quality motor, you can later upgrade it with a twelve turn armature, to make a good training motor for the very least.
Old 11-27-2003, 04:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Pro ten Holland
For a motor to start with, get yourself a rebuildable mod. Best machine wound, because these are cheap. Look for dual ball bearings and adjustable timing. If it doesn't have that, it's useless after about 20 runs. Avoid Corally's motors, they're not good. The top bearing is squezed in the can so tight it just doesn't work right. Super wear on the bearing, slow motors, hot motors, poor speed and run time.
Look for motors from Orion, Peak, Reedy, anything you can get your hands on for a good price. You'll be upgrading to a twelve when you get to a larger track, or get your car's handling down. When you get it right, you should faster than any of the sedan's, even if they do run 12turns.
If you get a good quality motor, you can later upgrade it with a twelve turn armature, to make a good training motor for the very least.
Then I'm down to:

-) Peak Racing Jaguar
-) Team trinity SpeedGem 2 Series
-) Team Orion Orbital 2 Pro BB and Team Orion Rush
-) For Reedy I can't find some good info about winds and pricing...

Any good ones I forgot?
Old 11-27-2003, 07:55 AM

Yep, that's the motors I mean. Just get one, maybe two, and find someone who can cut a comm, or buy a comm cutting station yourself. Me and my best friend bought one together, and we never regretted it.
Old 11-27-2003, 08:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Yep, that's the motors I mean. Just get one, maybe two, and find someone who can cut a comm, or buy a comm cutting station yourself. Me and my best friend bought one together, and we never regretted it.
Then I'll give the Trinity SpeedGem Pro a shot, as it uses the P-94 brush system (longer life as you state), as well as the Peak Racing Jaguar I think. When i get used to this and the car, I can always upgrade to the Epic motors.

I am also planning to get my own comm lathe, only downside is the pricing of these things. Ouchy...

But hey, what's a hobby if it doesn't cost you any money.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2003, 10:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

And now I'm of to the movie theatre for a sneak preview.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

-) For Reedy I can't find some good info about winds and pricing...

Reedy's motor info is here, here, and here. .
Old 11-27-2003, 03:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by MarkA
Reedy's motor info is here, here, and here. .
Hmmm, Reedy is pretty high priced. For the beginning, I'll try out the Trinity SpeedGem Pro or the Peak Racing Jaguar.

But very much thanks for the info.
Old 11-27-2003, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Hmmm, Reedy is pretty high priced. For the beginning, I'll try out the Trinity SpeedGem Pro or the Peak Racing Jaguar.

But very much thanks for the info.
Those prices are retail - I posted that to give you the part#'s for what winds are out there for the individual motors. You can actually get the Reedy's for $52-60 so they're in line with or cheaper than any other top-of-the-line mod motors.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2003, 10:24 PM

Marka, do you know any reasonably priced comm lathe for Neelon? Here in Holland there's only the Hudy lathe. I have one, but it comes at an astronomical price, about 240 euros. Maybe Cobra or something.
Neelon, when you get one, I'll fill you in about how to achieve the best result with it, as well as how to shimm your motor, and other basic motor maintainance rules you'll want to know.
Old 11-27-2003, 11:27 PM
Tech Champion

Marka, do you know any reasonably priced comm lathe for Neelon? Here in Holland there's only the Hudy lathe. I have one, but it comes at an astronomical price, about 240 euros. Maybe Cobra or something.
Neelon, when you get one, I'll fill you in about how to achieve the best result with it, as well as how to shimm your motor, and other basic motor maintainance rules you'll want to know.
I will say, the Hudy is very sweet lathe. However, what I use and have had for years now, is the simple old Cobra one. It doesn’t have the frills of the Hudy but it works. You can get it packaged with the diamond bit for @$155-$160 here in the states (see https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...l?pn=COB2000WD for an example) which is a bit cheaper than the Hudy at $150+80 for a diamond bit over here. I dunno about the price of the Cobra in Holland though.
Old 11-28-2003, 12:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by MarkA
I will say, the Hudy is very sweet lathe. However, what I use and have had for years now, is the simple old Cobra one. It doesn’t have the frills of the Hudy but it works. You can get it packaged with the diamond bit for @$155-$160 here in the states (see https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...l?pn=COB2000WD for an example) which is a bit cheaper than the Hudy at $150+80 for a diamond bit over here. I dunno about the price of the Cobra in Holland though.
This is a cheap one on Socal rc shop:

http://www.socalrc.com/Merchant2/mer..._Code=inttools

And it's only 79$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.