Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
OS .12TZ 3port & 5port EB Modified >

OS .12TZ 3port & 5port EB Modified

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS .12TZ 3port & 5port EB Modified

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 05:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

How about some more feedback on the O.S. tz .12 3-port EB Mods version of this engine? I am thinking of getting it but there is only the one negative comment above. Does anyone else actually have this version?
Old 04-01-2006, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edracer1
How about some more feedback on the O.S. tz .12 3-port EB Mods version of this engine? I am thinking of getting it but there is only the one negative comment above. Does anyone else actually have this version?
For the price of the EBMODS, get a Carlsen Modded or Murnan Modded TZ. The work done on the crankshaft by murnan is just insane compared to the rest of the TZ. I would say crankshafts is where all the power is drawn from and I believe its murnan's specialty . Im gathering some $$$ so I can buy a Murnan TZ and compare it to my stock engine.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

But what if and when I need a new piston and sleeve, do either sell these already modded? Or do I get stock p/s and send them or the engine complete to be modded? And thanks I'll look in to your recommendations.
But STILL.. if you guys are running the EB Mods version post some feedback.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by edracer1
But what if and when I need a new piston and sleeve, do either sell these already modded? Or do I get stock p/s and send them or the engine complete to be modded? And thanks I'll look in to your recommendations.
But STILL.. if you guys are running the EB Mods version post some feedback.

If you want the EBMod TZ-12... Buy it... I know what they did to the motor and it's a safe mod motor to sell over the counter at your lhs... Is the work done bad??? No... Can you do it yourself and save 75.00 USD??? Yes... There are better Mod. TZ's out there and know that the EB Mod 3 port TZ motor is not putting out 1.9hp's as it's stated on the OS webpage... You can do better with M-speed, Murman and a few others... Grab a stock TZ 3 port for $200.00 and a TZ 5-port crank for $25.00... That's pretty much the EB-Mod for $225.00... They did alittle more to the crank, but... Oh, just one more note, OS is coming out with the own mod'd OS-Speed TZ 12 3port... Hopefully sometime this summer... http://osspeed.com/

RC_Alan
Old 04-01-2006, 05:36 PM
am
Tech Master

Extreamrchobby:

the info you gave out aboaut the modded TZ is from a company cald Recab in France. They have nothing to do with JP Racing what so ever. They are the Crono distributor in France.

They make awesome engines. I have had many modified Novarossi P5 engines but Greg`s engines is as good as any of the modifed engines out ther!! ( JP, RB mods........) They supplied me with my Worlds 2004 engine, an RS5 form Crono. Engine was awesome, sadly my driving was bad and so was the new MP777 from kyosho. hehe
Old 04-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

This is some great information guys. Thanks.