R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 09-28-2006, 11:59 AM   #91
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt4g63
Id like to try and balance one of my modded engines to see if theres any real gains. Ive been modding engines for awhile now and I havent had ANY issues with not doin any kind of balance on them. No pre worn rods, bearings, glow plug elements failing ect. But I guess it couldnt hurt to try.. But I honestly dunno if its worth the extra time and effort to be honest. I guess ill have to see

What gets me is other modders that try to tell these guys they fully balance the cranks. And for us that actually know this isnt possible it gets annoying... I think thats where German was coming from with his original posts about it. I honestly dont think he ment to argue. my .02
I agree with you on every single sentance you put. I don't want to talk about what moddifyers are telling to people-this is not my field.
Try and learn is always worth in my opinion. If you don't try you never learn.
I don't want to tell you what to do or teach you , I am just suggesting-never stop trying!!!!!
German Miscle didn't try to argue here and I never take it as argument. He just wanted to know, because what I sad was different from what he heard before-I don't see anything wrong with that. I tryed to expalne how we do balancing-then it is up to every racer to decide if he is taking it or not.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:16 PM   #92
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ed, your the man
mugenb46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:07 PM   #93
Tech Master

warmac, whats up man !
Old 10-10-2006, 09:43 AM   #94
afm
Tech Master

For anyone starting to do mods, here is a nice article step by step on a mod work to a .25 HPi engine, which is very ilustrtive and can help better understand the why's and what's of engine modding

http://www.rccaraction.com/articles/htpporting_1.asp

Hope it helps
AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:51 AM   #95
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to Warmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenb46
warmac, whats up man !
still here mugenb46, just been under a lot of work pressure lately

Edward and Colt, you guys said it, if you don't try you wont get anywhere. Even if you fail, at least you would understand the process better.

Who knows, you might use that failure to devise a different method that may eventually work.
Warmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #96
Tech Master

Warmac i feel your pain brother, well i got 2 novarossi m style motors today that i sold to a guy when i got rid of my old GT and i didn't mod them, i'm going to have some fun one is a mt12 with a threaded crank and the other is a sg MR12 i think, i'm going to leave the mt12 alone it is my indoor motor and i will mod the other for dirt oval, i will post pics when it is done. i miss my P5.21 that thing was a monster. talk at you all later.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:29 PM   #97
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to Warmac

looking forward to se those pics...good luck with the project
Warmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:08 AM   #98
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm
For anyone starting to do mods, here is a nice article step by step on a mod work to a .25 HPi engine, which is very ilustrtive and can help better understand the why's and what's of engine modding

http://www.rccaraction.com/articles/htpporting_1.asp

Hope it helps
AFM

I wish they would continue this series. I would love an instruction article like this for the OS RG .21 and some of the other commomly used budget engines.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:11 PM   #99
Tech Master

ed this is just for you, i have a COMO S .40 plane motor that i want to modify, i understand that plane motors run more for torque and not rpm. any tips on how to hop it up a little, and wow this crank sure looks a little different.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:27 PM   #100
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenb46
ed this is just for you, i have a COMO S .40 plane motor that i want to modify, i understand that plane motors run more for torque and not rpm. any tips on how to hop it up a little, and wow this crank sure looks a little different.
Hi Mugenb.
Not neccessarely planes motors are torque and not RPM. It is depend of aplication-for airbatic you realy want to torq and you don't want to engine start winding up, for Pilon racing-they want to have winding engine.
Please send me pics of our crank and sleeve, I might be able to suggest something by looking on the pics. You can post them here as well, I hope nobody will be affended by those pics . I am not familiar with COMO S 40 motor, will look on the net, may be can find some info on them. But pics defenetly will be helpfull.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:51 PM   #101
Tech Elite

No much info I can find on this engine, I just found is was made by Super Tigre long time ago. Usualy they were 2 ports design and they were very unoficient engines, but in the mean time they were work horses and one of the best on its time. So to suggest you something, I defenetly will need pics-I had only one engine Super Tigre G15 and it was in 1977, I berely remember that engine, I do remmeber I used for while on control line speed with side exhaust mounted tuned pipe, I don't remmebr where I get it from and what happened with that.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:15 PM   #102
Tech Master

Attached Thumbnails
Engine Mods-brian-005.jpg  

Last edited by mugenb46; 10-18-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:48 PM   #103
Tech Master

Attached Thumbnails
Engine Mods-brian-006.jpg   Engine Mods-brian-008.jpg  
Old 10-18-2006, 09:03 PM   #104
Tech Master

Attached Thumbnails
Engine Mods-brian-009.jpg   Engine Mods-brian-016.jpg  
Old 10-18-2006, 09:13 PM   #105
Tech Master

SORRY I'M not to good at posting pics yet. this is a itailan motor i don't know if thunder tiger is a itialan company. it is side exausti it has one boost port and two fuel ports and the exaust port. it is a old wore out motor but the guy just gave it to me and said here you can have it show me what kind if work you can do. i told him i do car motors but have never done a plane motor. he just wanted to see how steady of a hand i have. he has some customers that want some mod work done to their car motors. but i would like to mod this and make it run again to see how the mods work, he sells alot of planes out of his hobby shop. thanks for the info in advance. MUGENB46
Attached Thumbnails
Engine Mods-brian-012.jpg