Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

RB Engine Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
I was inquiring about the Xenon and R version, but was steered towards the C6. Is the C6 overall a better motor? I want something powerful enough stock to be useful at 301 raceway's track. Floyd isn't a concern though as everything else I competed against with my Top had a bit more bottom and top end. I was thinking of the Ninja also, but for the price would the Xenon be better?
well this is the thing the xenon is siro based and the c6 is novarossi based .but i have two other people run at 301 with the c6 and they where happy with the engine so i would say c6 and it easy to tune
Old 01-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

I was inquiring about the Xenon and R version, but was steered towards the C6. Is the C6 overall a better motor? I want something powerful enough stock to be useful at 301 raceway's track. Floyd isn't a concern though as everything else I competed against with my Top had a bit more bottom and top end. I was thinking of the Ninja also, but for the price would the Xenon be better?
and just to let you know floyed site is up and running again
http://www.phpbbserver.com/fanaticre...anaticremotera
Old 01-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

well from what i read it sounds like its time to change the front bearing and the back plate seal. but if you do that change the seal at the base of the carb too and the should fix the problem you are having .
thanks man, will do. what brand bearing do you recommend i replace it with? the stock one, or an aftermarket one?
Old 01-30-2007, 07:28 AM
Tech Rookie

does an RB V15 really fit an Mugen mtx3? i always thought 2.5cc doesn't fit a 1/10th touring car..
But i had an RB V12 Rody efra legal (3ports) that thing goes like fire. it's damn fast en has lots of torque. on the straight i had short gearing and people had trouble keeping up on the straight. I ran that engine for 2 seasons and it's very reliable. I'm gonna get me another one. And damn are those engines cheap over there because this engine(RB V12 Rody efra legal) I had cotst 350€ over here in holland i think thats about 450dollars or something
Old 01-30-2007, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rocking_rabbit3
does an RB V15 really fit an Mugen mtx3? i always thought 2.5cc doesn't fit a 1/10th touring car..
But i had an RB V12 Rody efra legal (3ports) that thing goes like fire. it's damn fast en has lots of torque. on the straight i had short gearing and people had trouble keeping up on the straight. I ran that engine for 2 seasons and it's very reliable. I'm gonna get me another one. And damn are those engines cheap over there because this engine(RB V12 Rody efra legal) I had cotst 350€ over here in holland i think thats about 450dollars or something
V15 will fit on your MTX3. Notice my signature below. I use it too for outlaw races.. enjoy!!
Old 01-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

The V15 fits because it's a small block. Nowadays most small block .15s will fit in the same spot as a .12 motor. If it was the X15 then no it will not fit.

Captain- I know the site is up. I was talking with Rick before I gave him the idea of running the website by himself as I was going to do it. However since I don't get to the net until after 7:50pm or so, it was better he do it. I'm Bert L on there. It's def between a C6, Ninja or the 35 Plus.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

The V15 fits because it's a small block. Nowadays most small block .15s will fit in the same spot as a .12 motor. If it was the X15 then no it will not fit.

Captain- I know the site is up. I was talking with Rick before I gave him the idea of running the website by himself as I was going to do it. However since I don't get to the net until after 7:50pm or so, it was better he do it. I'm Bert L on there. It's def between a C6, Ninja or the 35 Plus.
ok cool just trying to get the word out .
there all good so good luck
Old 02-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

RC FORUM has updated great pictures of RB new products from Toy Fair.

http://rcforum.co.kr/

We are currently adding more pictures now untill Toy Fair finishes.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Tuning

Question about tuning my C6 (or any other engine):

I always thought by turning the LSN clockwise, I am leaning it out. Therefore, if the engine takes a while to come down to idle it is too lean (not loading up fast enough with fuel). Somebody (Rich B.) confirm or correct me on this.

Also, how long should the engine be able to idle before loading up?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 02-08-2007, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bsmooth
Question about tuning my C6 (or any other engine):

I always thought by turning the LSN clockwise, I am leaning it out. Therefore, if the engine takes a while to come down to idle it is too lean (not loading up fast enough with fuel). Somebody (Rich B.) confirm or correct me on this.

Also, how long should the engine be able to idle before loading up?

Thanks,
Steve
You have to be sure your idle is set, first. Many times when a car comes in to the pits with a "hot" idle - the idle/low end needle balance is off. The tuner will head for the needle on the bottom - the problem is the idle setting. Be sure to confirm your system has no leaks (pressure system or exhaust system) - none!

I like to tune with a very low idle - (with the motor close to temp) I rap the throttle... the motor should fall right to a perfect idle no climb no fall off. With a low idle, if the idle increases (right after the rap) it is lean on the bottom - fatten slightly. If the idle decreases or stalls it is too fat. That requires some practice - but, it is the key to tuning. I can bench tune the bottom and focus on the mid and top end on the track. On rare occasions we may work the bottom tune to gain some punch out of the corners. Best you don't try this trick.

I can tune the car to idle smoothly for 5 minutes or 10 seconds. The tighter the compititon the shorter the idle window. Every track has a slightly different tune requirement.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Rich.

Could you also give me some tips on how you break in the engine using a run in bench? Any differences I should be aware of compared to running it in on the track?

Regards,
Steve
Old 02-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bsmooth
Thanks Rich.

Could you also give me some tips on how you break in the engine using a run in bench? Any differences I should be aware of compared to running it in on the track?

Regards,
Steve

Everyone has an opinion on "motor break-in".

Here's what I do. Motor in car or bench. Not on track. First and foremost - use a heat gun to warm the motor to 200º F. Start the motor, run at a high idle very fat (almost 4 cycling) spitting oil out of the pipe - temp won't get over 140º - run 85 CC's. Then without stopping the motor bring the temp to 165 - 180º F run 4 tanks. I pull the sleeve at 4 tanks and look at the "pinch band" on the sleeve. If the wear is very even around the sleeve (360º) you'll have a dandy motor. If the wear is uneven - well that won't be the worlds best motor. Go ahead to the track - take it easy until you have about a liter through the motor - then take it to temp.

Remember preheat your motors - it will save you in piston and sleeve life - read $'s!
Old 02-09-2007, 06:36 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks again Rich.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Good tips Rich!!!!

Hey Rich,
Your personal opinion.... be truthful.
How is C6 Rody compare to C5 Rody. I am in the market for an engine.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCRjuanabbe
Good tips Rich!!!!

Hey Rich,
Your personal opinion.... be truthful.
How is C6 Rody compare to C5 Rody. I am in the market for an engine.

--

The C6 is an improvement over the C5. The C5 was a solid motor - the C6 is a fast/solid motor. Scott has been running C6's since March of last year. Very impressive. Play with Header and Pipe combos - loads of hidden power. Try RB's 2013 pipe with the matching conical manifold - I wrenched for Rody (and Scotty, too) in Vegas last October, Rody's comment on our set-up: "That is just brutal power". Too bad Rody's battery pack broke in the main.

The Xenon R's are faster - but, sensitive to tune. The C6's are powerful - and very easy to tune - just a "tick" slower.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.