R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2005, 10:07 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic
 
Seisick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 845
Default

Good luck mike at the coming worlds! still waiting the info for dealership!
__________________
HobbymaniA
GoT MuGeN?
Seisick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:03 PM   #17
Tech Regular
 
jeff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 377
Default

What's the difference when I use a fuel with less oil %?
Ive used Byron Race 1600 12% oil, but my dealer doesnt have it anymore, so I want to use Byron Pro Drive 1600 that have 9% or 10% oil

One more question, I bought a OS TZ 3 port can I use a fuel with 20% nitro without change the shims?

Last edited by jeff1; 07-27-2005 at 04:49 PM.
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:58 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic
 
Ffejdat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 904
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Go check the O.S. tz thread in the Nitro motors forum for more info, but my TZ works fine with 30% on stock shimming, most other people are using the stock shimming with up to 30%, I would shim it up with higher than 30 % or if your atmosphere or altitude conditions warrant it...
Ffejdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:58 PM   #19
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ewa Beach, Hi
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1
What's the difference when I use a fuel with less oil %?
Ive used Byron Race 1600 12% oil, but my dealer doesnt have it anymore, so I want to use Byron Pro Drive 1600 that have 9% or 10% oil

One more question, I bought a OS TZ 3 port can I use a fuel with 20% nitro without change the shims?
The 9% oil will gain fuel mileage and will give you a little more bottom end.

You should not have to change any shims for 20% fuel.
Mike_Swauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 02:35 PM   #20
Tech Elite
 
Sandra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffejdat
Go check the O.S. tz thread in the Nitro motors forum for more info, but my TZ works fine with 30% on stock shimming, most other people are using the stock shimming with up to 30%, I would shim it up with higher than 30 % or if your atmosphere or altitude conditions warrant it...
Ffejdat, what atmoshpere or altitude conditions are you refering to, could you or someone elaborate please, thanks in advance
Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 02:38 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra
Ffejdat, what atmoshpere or altitude conditions are you refering to, could you or someone elaborate please, thanks in advance
whats up, sandra. i see you guys were at the GLC and whit was in D main. pretty good stuff. you coming to the 1/8th nats?
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 03:09 PM   #22
Tech Elite
 
Sandra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemugen
whats up, sandra. i see you guys were at the GLC and whit was in D main. pretty good stuff. you coming to the 1/8th nats?
Hey Joe we were at the GLC and we had a great time,and yes we will be at the Nats but I won't be running though,look forward to seeing you again on your on turf. I'm sure Chris will be hitting you up for a setup
Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:19 PM   #23
Tech Adept
 
Fsturbo15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 170
Send a message via AIM to Fsturbo15
Default

Mugen Fuel = Byrons.

Byrons make excellent fuel, my favorite actually.
Fsturbo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 09:17 AM   #24
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra
Hey Joe we were at the GLC and we had a great time,and yes we will be at the Nats but I won't be running though,look forward to seeing you again on your on turf. I'm sure Chris will be hitting you up for a setup
how come you are not running??? it will be a fun race.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 11:05 PM   #25
Tech Elite
 
Sandra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemugen
how come you are not running??? it will be a fun race.

Well I will have just had the baby, soooo I will be tending to him
Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:21 AM   #26
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Even Superman think twice to use 40% nitro for .12 engine
I think it's too hot ( unless you want to throw the engine after the race ).
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 11:20 AM   #27
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra
Well I will have just had the baby, soooo I will be tending to him
ahhhhhh, makes sense. to tell you the truth, i dont think i am going to be running as well. my local track closed down, so i have no where to even run my mrx4 now. it is still brand new never driven. so i probably am going to sell it on ebay for $500 or so. we will see.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:21 PM   #28
Tech Addict
 
Vince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: MD
Posts: 654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemugen
ahhhhhh, makes sense. to tell you the truth, i dont think i am going to be running as well. my local track closed down, so i have no where to even run my mrx4 now. it is still brand new never driven. so i probably am going to sell it on ebay for $500 or so. we will see.

Hey Joe this Chris, heard about the track, sorry to hear that, but come on out and run with your boy.
__________________
Wallace Motorsports
WRC
Murnan Modified Motors
VP Fuel
Hot Race Tires
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ANY STORE IN THE ORLANDO,KISSIMMEE AREA CARRY MUGEN FUEL? GFIGUEROA Florida Racing 0 12-20-2005 06:05 PM
WTB..1/8 mugen fuel tank for revo project Crashhole R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 10-07-2005 11:31 PM
Does O'Donnell fuel make a huge accel. gain on HPI fuel Smoke21 Nitro On-Road 3 05-03-2004 05:44 PM
New "Maxey's Fuel" Modified Mugen MT-12 Bubbasteponit R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-08-2004 01:02 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:22 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net