R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2005, 01:10 PM   #16
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 75
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD

How long have you used them? Do they last? [/B]
Re: Werks Collari LC12

I have only just begun to use this engine this season and have no long term experience with them. I live in Toronto, Canada, so the season is only just underway here now.
I have done some test runs with it and the break in was by far the easiest experience I have ever had with any nitro engine.
I have always been a Nova based engine fan and this is my first time stepping outside the box to try something different.

I first saw this engine used last season at the ROAR Nats in Toledo by Josh Cyrul and his car had unreal power on the track. In my opinion he had more engine than Swauger and both of them had far more than Hara.

We'll see how it goes long term, but I have yet to hear anything bad about them from anyone or read anything negative on any forums anywhere.

I look forward to seeing how this engine performs long term compared to my Rody V12, NovaMax and regular NovaRossi engines. For the money though, it seems hard to beat.
snemi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 09:56 PM   #17
Tech Regular
 
adamkerrnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 268
Default

i have one word for you Ridzwan: Novarossi.

one more word (if your on a budget): Mega ZX12 5port (ok 3 words hehe)
adamkerrnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 10:01 PM   #18
Tech Elite
 
ntc3freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 3,308
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by adamkerrnz
i have one word for you Ridzwan: Novarossi.

one more word (if your on a budget): Mega ZX12 5port (ok 3 words hehe)



i havent decide yet.hey guys,is it true that the mega needs to replace the conrod every 1 galon???
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 10:16 PM   #19
Tech Elite
 
rcabj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: johor, west malaysia
Posts: 4,682
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ntc3freak
i havent decide yet.hey guys,is it true that the mega needs to replace the conrod every 1 galon???
hi ntc....first of all from my point of view u shouldn't get carried away with the impression if u have a powerful engine it is good for u (i'm not saying they r bad too..by all means go get them if u really want them.)...l..but to win races u have to finished the race.....to finished the race u have too be constantly good in every dept. i.e. setting,tuning,driving,tire choices etc....there's ppl winning / getting good resultds in club level races without having to have the best engine and so on....just my opinion...cheers
__________________
BLacK cRoW RaCiNg TeaM
JBRCC
TEAM ORANGE
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 10:23 PM   #20
Tech Elite
 
ntc3freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 3,308
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rcabj
hi ntc....first of all from my point of view u shouldn't get carried away with the impression if u have a powerful engine it is good for u (i'm not saying they r bad too..by all means go get them if u really want them.)...l..but to win races u have to finished the race.....to finished the race u have too be constantly good in every dept. i.e. setting,tuning,driving,tire choices etc....there's ppl winning / getting good resultds in club level races without having to have the best engine and so on....just my opinion...cheers



hey.thanks for ur comment.i also feel like u.but my os engine is up for sale.so i dun have an engine.im not looking for the best.but good enuff to keep up with the others.power is nothing without control .im not getting a jp engine or top end modified max engine.just want a standard engine.i know maybe someone might suggest to get a brand new os again.but i want to try something else.that is the point of this thread
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:50 AM   #21
Tech Elite
 
rcabj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: johor, west malaysia
Posts: 4,682
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ntc3freak
hey.thanks for ur comment.i also feel like u.but my os engine is up for sale.so i dun have an engine.im not looking for the best.but good enuff to keep up with the others.power is nothing without control .im not getting a jp engine or top end modified max engine.just want a standard engine.i know maybe someone might suggest to get a brand new os again.but i want to try something else.that is the point of this thread
good to hear ur thinking that way...anyway most italian base motors r good enough no matter what the brand is good hunting...and remember the "proper 'break in process' determine the life and performance of your motor...cheers and enjoy
__________________
BLacK cRoW RaCiNg TeaM
JBRCC
TEAM ORANGE
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:52 AM   #22
Tech Master
 
TRAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jrabbito
Remember that the Max Power engine will be faster than the X12. It has a modified crank and some other work. Also remember that the X12 is long stroke. Great for short tracks compared to a stock engine, but on a longer straight you will see the difference compared to the Max night and day.
The max power Modified has what you mentioned not the stock Max engines which are the same as the NS novarossi

The X12 is not long stroke it is based on the NS12 which isnt long stroke.
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:20 PM   #23
Tech Elite
 
ntc3freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 3,308
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rcabj
good to hear ur thinking that way...anyway most italian base motors r good enough no matter what the brand is good hunting...and remember the "proper 'break in process' determine the life and performance of your motor...cheers and enjoy



yeah.i'll ask tomato to run it in for me.keep the comments and ideas coming guys
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:59 AM   #24
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

personally, if i was in the market for a new engine, i would by a x12 modified by mournan... they scream. it will be over your price range, i do not know for sure how much they are... i guess probaly $380 or so. there is a mournan modified engine thread in the regular nitro section, it has many comments. his engines are super fast. it would be worth the couple extra dollars.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 10:27 AM   #25
Tech Regular
 
jrabbito's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 265
Default

TRAJ,

Hate to break it to you but the "stock" Max engines still has modifications to the crank and the bore intake...there is a noticeable difference with the Max and the Novarossi NS series.


John

P.S. Take a look at the crank...does it look stock TRAJ? And this motor can be had for $325US.

http://www.rcmaxpower.com/en/products/motori.asp?id=79

Last edited by jrabbito; 04-26-2005 at 10:40 AM.
jrabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 04:14 PM   #26
Tech Master
 
TRAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Default

Novacranks have work done aswell

The only difference is the red putty which some stock rex engines have
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:54 PM   #27
Tech Regular
 
jrabbito's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 265
Default

Traj,

That is nowhere near a stock crank......if you say nova cranks have work done as well I would love to know what models exactly you are talking about...this is news to me. please include links.

Thanks,

John
jrabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:10 PM   #28
Regional Moderator
 
daniz24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: D-Square Racing
Posts: 3,189
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TRAJ
Novacranks have work done aswell

The only difference is the red putty which some stock rex engines have
Yes and I think it also include the 11 fins heatsink instead of 9
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:54 AM   #29
Tech Master
 
TRAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Default

lolz
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 06:17 AM   #30
Tech Elite
 
ntc3freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 3,308
Default

guys,i wonder if i should buy the mega zx12???price is very nice.and spares very cheap too.so any comments???it comes with exhaust,which adds up to the value
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
F/S: Serpent 835 with Big Block Nova Mega SX15 Engine and Nova Mega exhaust system Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 07-26-2007 09:54 AM
WTB: .21 on-road engines (NovaRossi, Nova Mega, JP, RB C5 C6, Mega DSII) Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 01-20-2007 11:50 PM
Question about Nova Mega (not Mega) SX15 EVO4 3 ports MS Solara Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 2 06-27-2005 09:53 AM
2 Nitro Engine Novarossi and Mega. superk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-28-2005 03:56 PM
Novarossi, MEGA, Top, REX, and RB performula Nitro On-Road 5 02-07-2003 04:05 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:20 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net