Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On road engine at GT car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Xontroi
I am looking for a glow plug other than Nova. I am disapointed from the life of them.
I run in my engine about 2 litres of RB fuel 25% with about 15%oil for breaking in and i have already replaced two glow plugs. The strange is that the coil of plug is there and it has still a resistance when i measure it throught a multimeter but it can't fire up the engine.
When i put a new glow plug everything work fine for some ml of fuel and then i had the same symptoms. The glow plugs that i used was C7TF and C8TGH.
Now i run by using one RB 7 turbo CP-02 . It hasn't run a lot of fuel till now but i am afraid that it will have the same luck since RB plugs are the same with Nova's.
I found at the forum that i could try also Sirio,GRP Picco and O'Donnell.
But it wasn't clear the models of them.
So my question is what are the corespondive plugs of a Nova C8TGH? Also the colder plug from O'donnell is the 99T. Is it quite cold for a N21 7T or it is for buggy engines?
It sounds like you are running the engine too lean too fast during the break-in. We have a Nova C9TGH plug which will be stronger/tougher but we don't recommend it for the break-in process. The C8TGH should last the entire break-in (1 gallon). Going to another brand plug that is colder and harder to break is ok but what ends up happening a lot is that people run the engine too lean and damage the piston so be careful.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am looking for a glow plug other than Nova. I am disapointed from the life of them.
I run in my engine about 2 litres of RB fuel 25% with about 15%oil for breaking in and i have already replaced two glow plugs. The strange is that the coil of plug is there and it has still a resistance when i measure it throught a multimeter but it can't fire up the engine.
When i put a new glow plug everything work fine for some ml of fuel and then i had the same symptoms. The glow plugs that i used was C7TF and C8TGH.
Now i run by using one RB 7 turbo CP-02 . It hasn't run a lot of fuel till now but i am afraid that it will have the same luck since RB plugs are the same with Nova's.
I found at the forum that i could try also Sirio,GRP Picco and O'Donnell.
But it wasn't clear the models of them.
So my question is what are the corespondive plugs of a Nova C8TGH? Also the colder plug from O'donnell is the 99T. Is it quite cold for a N21 7T or it is for buggy engines?

if the plug is still showing resistance then it is going to be a issue with your igniter.....You may not have enough juice to burn off the contamination from the high oil fuel..........even if your ignitor is reading full it may not have enough pop to heat up the heavy wired #8 plug once its contaminated by oil residue.......
Old 04-09-2013, 07:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok i understand and thank you for your advices but please let me remind that the i never had higher temps than 100-110 Celsius and in addition the coil of the plug remains shinny and well fitted and not grey and distorted. So i believe it wasn't lean. Also i had plenty of fuel coming out of the pipe.
The same plug that didn't glow in my hands and right after one hit on the table it glows brilliant as normal. By the way i will follow your advice and check also with another igniter.
But what could be more powerful than a lipo sourced igniter?
http://www.prolux.com.tw/exec/produc...-FEATURES&lg=E
Old 04-09-2013, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Ok i understand and thank you for your advices but please let me remind that the i never had higher temps than 100-110 Celsius and in addition the coil of the plug remains shinny and well fitted and not grey and distorted. So i believe it wasn't lean. Also i had plenty of fuel coming out of the pipe.
The same plug that didn't glow in my hands and right after one hit on the table it glows brilliant as normal. By the way i will follow your advice and check also with another igniter.
But what could be more powerful than a lipo sourced igniter?
http://www.prolux.com.tw/exec/produc...-FEATURES&lg=E
We just use a normal low-tech NiMH Hotshot. Charge it every day (or two).
Old 04-10-2013, 07:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok thank you.I will give a chance to my previous igniter but i don't hope too much.
Someone could give me the information about O'donnell 99T? Is it as cold as C8TGH or not?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ok thank you.I will give a chance to my previous igniter but i don't hope too much.
Someone could give me the information about O'donnell 99T? Is it as cold as C8TGH or not?
From my experience 99 is like a nova 7 and 97 is like nova 6
Close but not exact

On a different note ...
What pipe and header is best for Kappo ?
9953?
9986?
9901?
Short or long header?
Old 04-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jrz93
From my experience 99 is like a nova 7 and 97 is like nova 6
Close but not exact

On a different note ...
What pipe and header is best for Kappo ?
9953?
9986?
9901?
Short or long header?
In a GT? On the Kappo Rally, we use the 41019 header and the 51021 (9886) pipe.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Tech Rookie

I am in the process of purchasing a ofna dm1 and I would like to know what is the best bang for the buck motor and pipe to put on the car. I will be just parking lot racing no organized racing on a 150' x 75' track
Old 04-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by fataussie63
I am in the process of purchasing a ofna dm1 and I would like to know what is the best bang for the buck motor and pipe to put on the car. I will be just parking lot racing no organized racing on a 150' x 75' track
LRP .28 can be had for as low as 160.00 .Its a beast
Old 04-21-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Rookie

What should be used for a matching pipe
Old 04-21-2013, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

o86 ofna ?that would work imo
Old 04-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If you buy a .28 engine your going to beat the crap out of your drive train.

I don't think you can go wrong with most .21 engines, I just Know .28 will do more harm then good.

Wouldn't you rather have Nova quality anyways?

Nova sells a 5 port Turbo plug budget conscious engine with good power for less then $200 Novarossi N21-5T .21 5-Port turbo Engine

Here is a link. I know at least 5 people who have run that engine.

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=9178

If you can afford a few dollars more here is another good engine.
Novarossi Kangaroo Rally .21 7 Port Trubo Steel Bearing
http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=5373

After you stay with it for a season, and want more power come back we can help steer you to MORE

Old 04-22-2013, 01:37 AM
Tech Initiate

I want to share my experience with you. My previous engine was a LRP 28 and now i have a Nova N21-7T.
At LRP i did everything to get more RPM in order to be pleased for rally game performance.I replaced both of it's bearings with Boca ceramics, change the head with a turbo head from Losi 454 and throw away the pull starter by install a normal backplate after grinding the pin of the crankshaft. All this gave me some more RPM. The performance was acceptable and the car especially when it gets in the second gear was a rocket with plenty of bottom power.
The cons were that ,as above noted, the drive drain was stressed a lot with a lot of wear at the pins and the cups of diffs. The most serious was that this engine "drinks" a lot as a German drinks beers

Now running a N21-7T by just replacing the bearings with ceramics i can say that indeed the bottom end is less than a LRP but the more RPMs you can get with another ratio at your gearbox will give the same smile and less consumption at fuel. With LRP the tank (my tank is 150ml) was empty at about 6,5 minutes and with N21 i think i can play, if not the double,at least 10 minutes.

At both engines i run a Dynamite 086 pipe
Old 04-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the info guys, i think i will go with the cheaper Nova for now or should i spend the extra $$? will i be happy with the cheaper one?

what pipe should i get to match?

thanks again.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

thanks for the info guys, i think i will go with the cheaper Nova for now or should i spend the extra $$? will i be happy with the cheaper one?

what pipe should i get to match?

thanks again.
The "cheap" Nova 7pt rally game is a beast! i have built, broken in and tuned a few over the past couple of months and its a great engine. 8:30s on a tank of VP! you cant beat it for 250 bux!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...qCQlJBI#t=127s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.