Wiki Posts
Search

On road engine at GT car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
In my opinion this won't make any difference and doesn't address the issues of engine reliabilty and reducing overall costs for those that run this class on a regular basis. Out of the regular top four drivers in the class only one is running the latest generation chassis and if he was made to go back to an older car the end result will still be the same.
The engine issue is not that hard to fix. Of the lesser expense .12 engines currently on the market, find one that is more reliable than the OS 12TG, find a pipe that is a good match to it, and move on from there. The one engine/pipe makes it easier to tech against illegal modifications which would disqualify a racer from the spec class. As far as the possible chassis rule, it helps to make the class more affordable because you are not spending the high dollars needed for the "latest/greatest". It also affords someone that may have an older model car to dust it off, just update the engine and pipe, and have another participant that you might not have had if that person was shelling out major coin and the latest fill-in-the-blank. Just some food for thought.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bishop
Australia has been getting into 8th GT on what looks to be the tail end of the 'bubble' for it, I'm not convinced the rules for it are even remotely what they should be for the intent of the class.

What were the rules over there originally?, now I'm seeing two speeds, up to 8 ports, 9mm inserts all being ok, I don't see how now them being cheaper to run than an 8th elite wing car, the tyres for the GT don't look cheap either.

I liked how the 8th GT looked like 2-3 years back, now it looks like you'd spend way more than 200mm, and running costs like real 8th scale.
Hi Bishop,

I wrote the draft GT rules and AARCMCC have sanctioned the class for the 2015 NSW titles, call me and we can discuss...

Rob

Hi all come and join us,

We have completed the information for the AARCMCC NSW Titles, go to our web site for the entry form and to register -- http://www.nswrcrcc.com/#!news/c1x9v

John Grant Raceway, dates: 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th of April 2015 (Easter weekend)

http://www.nswrcrcc.com/#!news/c1x9v

A new thread for the 2015 NSW Titles has been created
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...l#post13811541
Attached Files

Last edited by rptech1; 01-28-2015 at 04:09 AM.