R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 05-05-2005, 01:48 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally posted by gijoe64
I will also be at Tinley Park this year for alot of testing of the new .12TZ and .18TZ engines. If you have any questions about OS engines come and see me I will be the guy with the OS Tee shirt on.

Ray
I do not have problem with 18TZ, just not so good on 200mm TC and a little bit short on 75cc tank....but on my outlaw 835, that should be a perfect fit.

See ya at Tinley in 2 weeks.............are you the same RAY that used to work at Al's over at Elmhurst?
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 04:52 AM   #17
Tech Master

You said it was a FW05RR and G4

The FW05RR doesnt have the best top end without gearing it right these have to be taken into account. The FW05RR is made for small - med tracks.
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 11:43 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by T-BirdJunkie
the NTC3 comes with a fuel tank insert for ROAR legal tank capacity
Yes...but for club racing, hardly you can find anyone will use it.....again, club racing does not do a lot of those after race inspection....if they do, they have to race till MONDAY.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:45 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by revzalot
Will this engine work perfectly for a 235mm onroad car?
I think it is perfect on 235 like 835 Impact Neo Advance..........However, I think it is only limited to SERPENT 235mm only cause Serpent does have a special small block engine mount designed for Impact and 835. item # 808381
Old 05-07-2005, 11:49 PM   #20
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by gijoe64
You can get more time out of this engine, I run my .18TZ at around 240-260 deg. Your trigger finger is alittler heavy to, you really have to finess this engine around the track, you will get faster when you get used to the power. Also what plug your running? Also gearing will affect your run time.
The 18TZ is on my Impulse Pro with VDS conversion..........so, I expect another "overpowering"effect on the 200mm chassis, but I hope the GTP rear bridge and the Lola VDS body will generate enough downforce to keep the car down on the road, but I cannot tell untill I get to Tinley and run it.....

My other plan is running it on the 235mm Impact........I still believe that is the perfect chassis for the 18TZ...and I would not surprise to see that engine will run better then other big block 15 engine on the same car.....at least, I have the modded EVO4 7 ports Michael Salven engine to compare.