Wiki Posts
Search

My Next Engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by evlhdlts
you can try www.rbmods.net

they have premodded engines and you won't be disappointed because they are ballistic fast motors and very reliable after modification.

ur using one of those engines???how is it's durability???coz my fren said that rb engines dont last long.is it true with the modified version??
Old 02-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

they last as long or even longer than stock motors. they run really strong too. but with any kind of motors, stock or modified, you have to take good care of the motor and don't overheat it too much or it will die early. this is true with any kind of motor.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by TRAJ
STS D5R Dragon Modified
Alot faster than OS
http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....oducts_id=4125
Right on there, Thats my vote also.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Fastest engine

A Nova Rossi Da Hellion How ya doing Freak? Been awhile
Attached Thumbnails My Next Engine-pp12%7E10f1.jpg  
Old 02-17-2005, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Fastest engine

Originally posted by HELLION
A Nova Rossi Da Hellion How ya doing Freak? Been awhile

hey danny.why u never online????always offline.busy creating new shells??? and i might want to get ur d/h1 body soon.maybe next month or something like that.online at yahoo im la so we can work something out.or add me on msn.c ya later
Old 02-17-2005, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default LOL

I haven't had much time to be online latley .The 1/10 Pan cars guys have been keeping me pretty busy building bodies for them . I'm getting another CNC machine next week and am going to start building Nitro engines. I spend so much time modifying them I thought to myself it would be easier to build them that way to start with and I think machining a engine block will be a lot better then a cast one.Will see how that goes
Attached Thumbnails My Next Engine-imga5421bad.jpg  
Old 02-17-2005, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: LOL

I haven't had much time to be online latley .The 1/10 Pan cars guys have been keeping me pretty busy building bodies for them . I'm getting another CNC machine next week and am going to start building Nitro engines. I spend so much time modifying them I thought to myself it would be easier to build them that way to start with and I think machining a engine block will be a lot better then a cast one.Will see how that goes
Welcome to the family
BTW, casted case is much better then machined. Ufortunately you will not listen my advice, so you will spend so much time for nothing
If you need help in designs, I can guyd you .
Edward

Last edited by Top Gun 777; 02-18-2005 at 07:45 AM.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default cast?

Ok Gun guide me! I would love to hear you explanation of why you would take a cast block over a machined. Bear in mind now you know what I use to do for a living. I think you are confusing better with cheaper A cast block is mearley a shape of a engine block it still has to be machined. and I have built them before but this time I want to squezzz every bit of power out of it I can. Do your home work
Attached Thumbnails My Next Engine-secondtonone.jpg  
Old 02-17-2005, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is only a guess, but I imagine a cast block would be lighter & offer better cooling properties than machined. Also cast you could get the exact composition of alloys. A machined block would look awsome I must admit.

Good luck with the new project, I followed the Should I make this thread from the begining & you silenced the critics on that one, so why should this be different. I would like to give one of your bodies a go but they arent legal in the class I run in.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: cast?

Ok Gun guide me! I would love to hear you explanation of why you would take a cast block over a machined. Bear in mind now you know what I use to do for a living. I think you are confusing better with cheaper A cast block is mearley a shape of a engine block it still has to be machined. and I have built them before but this time I want to squezzz every bit of power out of it I can. Do your home work

hey danny,izzit just me or the body looks better when they are mold.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default hmmmmmmmmm

I was just looking at my last post and I hope it isn't taken wrong I surely was not taken a shot at Top gun I know him from a while back and I think he is very good at what he does and I could have worded that better and I am always open to suggestens. OK here is my thinking on the machined block : The heat characteristics of high grade forged stock would be a lot better then cast as far as weight goes it would be lighter depending on the machinist and the tolerances are again much closer then you could ever get from a cast block that's why a cast block has to be machined after they are cast and the cast block wouldn't be nearley as strong. The only disadvantage of the machined block is it wouldn't be cost effective to do on a large scale production. I am basing this on my past experience on real race cars where you won't see casted parts on the engines . And I'm getting way to many requests for ROAR legal bodies so I'm gona bite the bullet and build some after I recover from my dizziness from building pancar bodies
Attached Thumbnails My Next Engine-x.jpg  
Old 02-18-2005, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: cast?

You sound like you realy know what are you planning to do, so it doesn't seems like you will need my help.
BTW, casted is better due to the chemistry can be altered to aplication and machined will not have that tech properties as need it.
Show us your samples!!!!!!!!! But please don't show modded parts (I am tired to see new design which is actualy modded parts from real manufacturers), show your design. May be then I can sugest you something.
Edward
Old 02-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Sampels?

My little CNC machine won't be here till next week so I don't have any samples. That and I would make sure that it was a working unit before I would post samples. This is just something I have been wanting to do for a long time and now I will be able too. and Top gun do you really believe a casted piece would be better then a forged piece I can give you a list of reasons a forged piece would be better (a lot better) the only advantage of a cast piece that I can think of is cost. To me casting is low technology compared to forging. A simple example would be a fan out of a turbo charger Or here's a better example let's say you want to soop up the real car you are driving by building the engine for high performance. The high performance pistons you would use would be forged . The pistons that where in your engine that are now probley in the trash can are cast pistons
Old 02-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Sampels?

My little CNC machine won't be here till next week so I don't have any samples. That and I would make sure that it was a working unit before I would post samples. This is just something I have been wanting to do for a long time and now I will be able too. and Top gun do you really believe a casted piece would be better then a forged piece I can give you a list of reasons a forged piece would be better (a lot better) the only advantage of a cast piece that I can think of is cost. To me casting is low technology compared to forging. A simple example would be a fan out of a turbo charger Or here's a better example let's say you want to soop up the real car you are driving by building the engine for high performance. The high performance pistons you would use would be forged . The pistons that where in your engine that are now probley in the trash can are cast pistons
Hellion.
I would suggest you first start from make piston/sleeve set ( whatever you want to use there-casted, forged, glued etc). Then I would recomend try to make cranckshaft, then last step will be crancase.
I think you little bit underestimated my abilities.
What are you learning now, I pass succesfully about 20 years ago. You are talking about high performance pistons for race cars and this is nothing to compare pistons from military tanks. Those made by powder metall technology ( now known as MCP). We went through it long time ago.
One more thing I will sugest you-don't convert real car's engines and designs to our stuff. Our stuff is realy complecated and it is not that easy as it looks like. Don't waist your time trying to use the same technology from real cars racing in RC-will not work.
I realy respect you for trying create something yours, just try to warn you-we did all this stuff in the past-don't make our mistakes.
About crancases-there is much more invole then you can immaging. In real car if the case is screwcked-you will never fill it ( due to the tolerances) and in our cases if screwcked 0.01 mm-it is realy big deal. Not every Al alloy wich has suitable tech properties for crancases will be easy to forge.
Any way, welcome to motor world. let me know when you are going to need real help, not just blah-blah and I will help you.
Edward
Old 02-18-2005, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default yep

What ever you say Edward

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.