Wiki Posts
Search

OS 12 TzR

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie

Active Hobby of Japan have announced that they will be selling this new cooling for both O.S. TZ12 and .12 Novarossi based engines. Its super lightweight, keeping the cars center of gravity low, and is deisgned in such a way as to improve the air flow and cooling around the engine head, while the colour coating is very efficient at dispersing heat. Available in matt red, matt blue (above) and gun metal grey.

Source: Active Hobby [active-hobby.com]
Nice...
Old 08-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Rookie

HI GUYS,

I RUN MY V ONE RRR AT 10.000 FT ABOVE SEA LEVEL, !!!!!!!!!
I HAVE A .12 TZ EB MODS WITH GREAT RESULTS SO FAR, JUST AFTER BREAK IN I TOOK THE 0.2 SHIM OUT AND PUT A P7 GLOW PLUG. I GET ALMOST 7 TO 8 MIN OF RUN TIME WHICH MAKES ME WONDER IF I COULD TAKE THE 0.1 SHIM OUT. SHOULD I DO THIS, IT IS SAFE FOR THE ENGINE HEAD TO BE INSTALLED WITHOUT SHIMS???
Old 08-08-2007, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEBAS V
HI GUYS,

I RUN MY V ONE RRR AT 10.000 FT ABOVE SEA LEVEL, !!!!!!!!!
I HAVE A .12 TZ EB MODS WITH GREAT RESULTS SO FAR, JUST AFTER BREAK IN I TOOK THE 0.2 SHIM OUT AND PUT A P7 GLOW PLUG. I GET ALMOST 7 TO 8 MIN OF RUN TIME WHICH MAKES ME WONDER IF I COULD TAKE THE 0.1 SHIM OUT. SHOULD I DO THIS, IT IS SAFE FOR THE ENGINE HEAD TO BE INSTALLED WITHOUT SHIMS???
not so sure about u, but i am about 100-200 ft above sea level....i find my stock TZ is better with 0.4shims when using P7 plug and 16% nitro..runtime usually more or less 6 minutes.

BTW guys.... i found out my TZ3 + max 2602 pipe combo to be very impressive all round.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rcabj
not so sure about u, but i am about 100-200 ft above sea level....i find my stock TZ is better with 0.4shims when using P7 plug and 16% nitro..runtime usually more or less 6 minutes.

BTW guys.... i found out my TZ3 + max 2602 pipe combo to be very impressive all round.

I will give it a try with the 0.4 shims, is safer for my engine. But i am still wondering if i could take all the shims out, would the piston hit the head?
Old 08-09-2007, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEBAS V
I will give it a try with the 0.4 shims, is safer for my engine. But i am still wondering if i could take all the shims out, would the piston hit the head?
sorry, but i never heard anyone take out all the shims.