R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 08-07-2005, 07:06 PM   #211
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by team-dgm
Thanks for your reply.

Me and a friend have been at this all afternoon, we have tried every needle combination there is. Its been sounding like it wants to go but it just won't. I have tried different plugs we have used three glow plug ignitors, fuel is going into the carb it just won't fire up. A couple of times it ran for about 1 second and then it died again and it would take about 50 pulls before it did it again. It is strange because when I got it the first pull it fired up it was run in and after loads of tanks it started running ok, then the pull start slipped and since I took it apart and fixed that it won't fire. Now I know you probably think that I have not put it back together properly but I took it apart step by step and followed the same steps to put it back together, everything was sealed back up again tight and all components are moving as they should. I just don't understand.
Send the engine to Paul @ U.K. Paul will diagnose it for you.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 08:26 AM   #212
Tech Initiate

Just got my engine back from Paul at Cleveland Models. It must have been a dodgy one, not bothered though as you can pay 200 on a picco or something and you are still going to get the odd one thats a duffer. Anyway just running this one in and it seems fine. My advice though if you are in the UK, buy one from a UK model shop rather than importing it,(I know of a couple of shops that are selling them if you can't find one, just send me a pm) it might cost you a couple of quid more bit at least if you have a problem you only have to send it by Royal Mail to middlesborough and not the other side of the world.
My opinion~ still a a great engine at a bargain price

Matt
team-dgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 02:46 PM   #213
Tech Initiate

Just been out with my Mta4 and my engine is running great. Not even touched the LSN and its popping wheelies all over the place. Fantastic
Old 08-17-2005, 11:55 PM   #214
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by team-dgm
Just been out with my Mta4 and my engine is running great. Not even touched the LSN and its popping wheelies all over the place. Fantastic
another great & satisfied customer
Old 08-18-2005, 12:36 AM   #215
Nitro Tech

Thanks for your support!
Old 08-19-2005, 11:27 PM   #216
Tech Initiate

Default Pullstart wont retract when connected

HI,

I started breaking in the STS today.
I think I need to adjust or something because the motor has no bottom and I can tell something is not catching. Probably the clutch. But when it gets going it is crazy fast.

Anyway. the pullstart won't retract if it is screwed onto the back plate. I removed it from the engine and it worked fine, I checked all the moving parts and I didn't see a problem. When attached to the engine, I have to tug on it an play around and it will retact little by little. Perhaps the pullstarter assembly becomes slightly mishapen when attached to the engine? I am not sure if a new one would fix the problem.

Any ideas?

I can't wait to get the clutch set up properly. I can already tell this is motor is more powerfull than the stocker that came with my 4.6 SS
ntloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 09:59 AM   #217
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntloser
the pullstart won't retract if it is screwed onto the back plate. I removed it from the engine and it worked fine, I checked all the moving parts and I didn't see a problem. When attached to the engine, I have to tug on it an play around and it will retact little by little. Perhaps the pullstarter assembly becomes slightly mishapen when attached to the engine? I am not sure if a new one would fix the problem. Any ideas?
Yes,if you screw the screws very tight,the plastic case will change its shape a little and get locked. Please loosen the screws a little. Not need to screw it very tight. It will not leak there. if you worry about it you can use some screw lock.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:40 PM   #218
Tech Initiate

Bit of an update for you. Today I drag raced a JATO down the straight at my local onroad track with my MTA4 sts.28 and it easily matched it for pace. The only downside is the JATO actually goes around corners at speed. Next time I will just run it over
Old 08-20-2005, 03:20 PM   #219
Tech Initiate

He he.. yes run that Jato over.

I have a question. Since my break in process was interrupted, what should I do with the engine until the roto-start arrives.

I ran through 2 tanks at idle then started to run it when I realized the clutch needed to be adjusted. At that point, the pullstarter broke. Is this engine going to run like crap now? Can I continue the break in process without any ill effects.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:06 PM   #220
Tech Initiate

Does anybody know of a compatible pullstart or where I can order one. I do not want to wait 10 days to get it from HK.,

Thanks
Old 08-21-2005, 02:38 AM   #221
Tech Initiate

there is a guy on ebay who has them and the rotostart so maybe this is faster for you
(can't remember the guy's name anymore damn)
savagegarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 12:51 PM   #222
Tech Initiate

Try: for the rotostart back plate

England & Ireland Distributor
Cleveland Models
Unit 33,Forbes Building
Linthorpe Road
Middlesbrough
Cleveland
TS1 4AW
e-mail : [email protected]
Phone & Fax : 01642 241511

Might be quicker for you. If you do have to wait then maybe bang some after run in and then when you get the back plate start your breakin again
Old 08-21-2005, 03:26 PM   #223
Tech Initiate

Thanks .. I tried the hyper .21 pullstart it was close but not quite.. then I ruined it trying to modify it.. Does anybody know where to get a pull or rotostart for the sts .28 in the States? The guy on Ebay is in Hong Kong too.

Thanks
Old 08-21-2005, 04:45 PM   #224
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Hear in the US its http://www.projectzen.net and call them to
Old 08-21-2005, 04:58 PM   #225
Tech Initiate

Thanks.. I called them and left a message.. There doesn't seem to be any way for me to order a pullstart from that page.