R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 01-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly6t View Post
i just leave it a lil to long and it locks up hahahah oh well dad will rebuild it .... poor guy
Been there, done that. Fortunately our engine guru was also a sponsor

My favorite was running the Yamaha in practice at a little asphalt road course. About a half a second before standing on the brake for the hairpin at the end of the straight, the crank broke and the clutch beat me into the first turn. Damn near took a guys ankle off as it went under the fence. Fortunately our engine guys shop was just down the street so he got it rebuilt in time for the race.

After winning my race, we had to pull it out of my kart and drop in another guy's that seized his up. He went on to win his race with it too.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Been there, done that. Fortunately our engine guru was also a sponsor

My favorite was running the Yamaha in practice at a little asphalt road course. About a half a second before standing on the brake for the hairpin at the end of the straight, the crank broke and the clutch beat me into the first turn. Damn near took a guys ankle off as it went under the fence. Fortunately our engine guys shop was just down the street so he got it rebuilt in time for the race.

After winning my race, we had to pull it out of my kart and drop in another guy's that seized his up. He went on to win his race with it too.
lol cant even think how many iv blown up lol ... the last one a few months ago was when i was out in a 2004 votex reed air cooled had it singing around 21k rpm then i came in and dad's like lets put on the 135cc long stroke big bored TKM .. im like ok never driven a long stroke .. went out and it felt like it didnt go at all soo i kept screwing in the jets leaner and leaner thinking is was 4stroking and till it started to go alil .. turns out long stroke motors dont rev at all and there all torque lol so its was WAY PAST LEAN lol and half way down the straight full noise at about 130kph it locked up shooting into the side fence at about 90 i reckon lol i was a lil sore after that . but i sware dad only cared about the rare as motor that i didnt crack the crank case or anything like that hahahahahah good times ..

did u guys over in the USA back then ever run TWINS or 200cc supers.. basicly 2 engines on one kart .. my dad use to race em f'n crazy

c/F SC10 -- C/f MS MBX"carbon-R" -- c/f nitro-kart
sly6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:52 PM   #18
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:

did u guys over in the USA back then ever run TWINS or 200cc supers.. basicly 2 engines on one kart .. my dad use to race em f'n crazy
I never did and they weren't very popular but Summit Point, a huge ass sports car track used to have basically a run what you brung class. I got to watch a guy with a lay down and dual 125's edge out a guy with a really weird kart running some monster ass motor. I was hitting 110mph on the straight with 100cc Yamaha so I hate to think what they were doing.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:13 AM   #19
Tech Regular

yeah my dad use to race twins he use to run twin parilla with big slide carbs running on methanol lol back then on tight normal race tracks they were clock at hitting over 200kph lol thats direct drive single speed NO GEARS ... f'n crazy and the best part is my dad just got a twin engine chassis given to him and his building it up for me to drive ... i think his got 2 100cc DAP engines and hows this , he has modded one to run out the other side of the crank case so ones left and ones right .. cant wait gunna have to run front breaks on the thing and talking to him u have to man handle the kart and steer it with the throttle .. cant wait lol ..

Old 01-12-2011, 05:37 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions??

Quote:
yeah my dad use to race twins he use to run twin parilla with big slide carbs running on methanol lol back then on tight normal race tracks they were clock at hitting over 200kph lol thats direct drive single speed NO GEARS ... f'n crazy and the best part is my dad just got a twin engine chassis given to him and his building it up for me to drive ... i think his got 2 100cc DAP engines and hows this , he has modded one to run out the other side of the crank case so ones left and ones right .. cant wait gunna have to run front breaks on the thing and talking to him u have to man handle the kart and steer it with the throttle .. cant wait lol ..
You got a video cam thats a must see
Stuff Of Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #21
Tech Regular

yeah got a cam and a helmet cam as well .. have to get sum vids when its all done.

soo any ways all my stuff for this RC kart build is on its way from the net so i should be able to start building next week , il bang up a thread when i start .. its gunna be a fun project i think .mounting the engine i think will be the easy part the hard part is mounting the brake set up because it was a brushless kart it has no brakes ... gunna use a modifed mbx6 brake set up all shortend .. see what happens.