R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 01-07-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Tuning Questions

hey guys i just have a few questions for you on tuning. first problem i have is 1: when i come into the pits and slow down to a stop my engine revs high for a few seconds and then after 3-4 secs it goes to what its idail should be, a nice smooth idial with no change in revs.
secondly i have a different problem. 2: this happened to me once or twice during the year. when i come into the pits and put on the brakes the engine just dies instantly. it would have no change in revs and would just die. would this be a to rich low end or does the idial need to be turned up . Thanks in advance
nova2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova2010 View Post
hey guys i just have a few questions for you on tuning. first problem i have is 1: when i come into the pits and slow down to a stop my engine revs high for a few seconds and then after 3-4 secs it goes to what its idail should be, a nice smooth idial with no change in revs.
secondly i have a different problem. 2: this happened to me once or twice during the year. when i come into the pits and put on the brakes the engine just dies instantly. it would have no change in revs and would just die. would this be a to rich low end or does the idial need to be turned up . Thanks in advance

problem 1...your low end is a bit rich

problem 2...start by increasing your idle your idle

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Green Machine!

AFM is right. And the two problems could inhearently be related. Once you lean the low a tad (one hour at a time) The idle may actually stay up properly and won't stall when you come to a sudden stop. (unless you have a pesky air leak somewhere)
FUTABA
SSCLCG
Green Machine! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Thats what I was thinking.

The extra fuel coming in on the bottom, added with closing the throttle quickly, would put out the plug and kill the engine, but wouldnt the high idle and then normal return be a "rich bottom/too large an idle gap" situation?
So that would mean that he would have to lean the bottom end and drop the idle a tad if he needs to?