R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 06-23-2004, 07:45 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default my 2 cent

but u where bad mouthing the sirios too?
even if they have a prob, i havent seen a recent possitive message left by u unless it was about your motors?
gentleman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:14 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: my 2 cent

Quote:
Originally posted by gentleman81
but u where bad mouthing the sirios too?
even if they have a prob, i havent seen a recent possitive message left by u unless it was about your motors?
Actually no. I said they had a problem with the conrod which was known in the general public long before I wrote it. I also said they have seemed to have cured it now. Nothing wrong with Sirio engines. They are fast engines.

I also said in my last post that I have 2 novarossi engines which run very strong.

If you care to read I rarely post anything about the Palmaris engines outside the Palmaris thread. On the ABC versus AAC thread I posted a reply to Initial D which was posted as a joke (if you knew me then you would have realised that. But such is the way of forums. People gather opinions because they dont know a person and dont understand how the person thinks).
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:18 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: my 2 cent

No, there are contradictions and backsliding in your posts.

You firstly say:
Quote:
The only problem now is getting a nova based engine. The factory are backed up with serious numbers of bad engines returned for one reason or another. Just try getting parts when you blow it up.
When challenged, you say:
Quote:
We cant even get Nova parts in Europe hardly let alone a distributor change. Nova are backed up with returns and are not able to produce the demand the engine companies are wanting. This came from 5 different sources here (3 which are Serpent Team drivers).
Iíd say youíre implying something there.
But when pressed, you then say:
Quote:
Nova parts are sometimes hard to come by here and sometimes some of the engines are too.
You then go on to say:
Quote:
Why would I want a Nova. I have 2 already that run strong.
And when challenged again, these Novaís now run:
Quote:
very strong
See the difference?
I do, however, agree that such is the way with forums and you certainly declare your engine interests.
But your engine interest declaration will also inevitably devalue your opinion in the eyes of others and this is unfortunate.

While I donít see Novarossi as quite the domineering demon you suggest, nevertheless it would be good to have an alternative and hopefully Palmaris could play a part in that.

My 2 cents worth.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:48 AM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: my 2 cent

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
No, there are contradictions and backsliding in your posts.

Dont agree. I never back slide or changed my opinion.

Quote:
You firstly say:

The only problem now is getting a nova based engine. The factory are backed up with serious numbers of bad engines returned for one reason or another. Just try getting parts when you blow it up.
As I stated I was just posting what I was told by other sources.

Quote:
When challenged, you say:

We cant even get Nova parts in Europe hardly let alone a distributor change. Nova are backed up with returns and are not able to produce the demand the engine companies are wanting. This came from 5 different sources here (3 which are Serpent Team drivers).
Again, in my area parts are hard to come by most of the time and need to be special ordered and I was lately told that some parts are scarce.

Quote:
Iíd say youíre implying something there.
What is there to imply.

Quote:
But when pressed, you then say:

Nova parts are sometimes hard to come by here and sometimes some of the engines are too.
Nova parts have always been like that in many places. One minute you can get what you want and the next there is a short supply. Same with any manufacturer. Seen us missing many races over the past 16yrs because a conrod wasnt available or the P/S set was not available. No biggie. This was my personal contribution.

Quote:
You then go on to say:

Why would I want a Nova. I have 2 already that run strong.
Suntok asked me I would like a Nova as he could get them for me. I made a simple reply saying I have 2 which do run very strong. Nothing contradictory there. Whether an engine runs strong or not depends on what you do with it. Both are old type RS based engines. I simply stated that I didnt have a need for another Nova which has nothing to do with the thread.

Quote:
And when challenged again, these Novaís now run:

very strong
So my engines do run very strong. I was just reiterating what I had said previously about the Novas I have.

Quote:
See the difference?
I do, however, agree that such is the way with forums and you certainly declare your engine interests.
But your engine interest declaration will also inevitably devalue your opinion in the eyes of others and this is unfortunate.

While I donít see Novarossi as quite the domineering demon you suggest, nevertheless it would be good to have an alternative and hopefully Palmaris could play a part in that.

My 2 cents worth.
I dont see any difference. Like I said I never backtracked or contradicted myself. But until Sirio and others came on the scene Nova was the domineering engine over others like Picco, OPS etc... In the 90's the only .21 engine worth having were Novarossi based.

I too hope Palmaris engines will play a part in that but I am not going to start an engine war thread.

For Gentleman81 - If you care to spend the time to check you will notice that any opinions I have given I also gave back before Palmaris was even thought off. I am not biased towards any engine manufacturer regardless and will always run the strongest engine I can get hold off. If that happens to be any engine other than a Palmaris so be it.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:06 AM   #20
Tech Initiate

You know what, to tell you guys the truth, I am f*cking sick and tired of this Palmaris talk shit here.
My wish is for you Palmaris - the whole damn lot of you guys to shut up for a change and come back after some English lessons.

Sell your engines somewhere else properly, RCTECH is _NOT_ your shop.
coolracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:12 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: my 2 cent

Quote:
Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
:
:
I dont see any difference. Like I said I never backtracked or contradicted myself.
:
:
OK, you don't see it - thatís cool.
It appears a number of people do see it, though.

Last edited by Taylor-Racing; 06-23-2004 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:41 AM   #22
Tech Apprentice

I think there was a lane change somewhere and this whole thread got side swiped. I was trying to follow it to find out some new links to cheaper priced .12 engines, and all I got was a hole bunch of BS he said she said Sh*t can we get back focused on the topic at hand so others can get the info were looking for... Thanks.......
Blaze1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:22 PM   #23
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Blaze1
I think there was a lane change somewhere and this whole thread got side swiped. I was trying to follow it to find out some new links to cheaper priced .12 engines, and all I got was a hole bunch of BS he said she said Sh*t can we get back focused on the topic at hand so others can get the info were looking for... Thanks.......
i started the thread so i know what u mean!
Old 06-23-2004, 03:25 PM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
i started the thread so i know what u mean!
thanks to the people that responded to my thread!

where is the cheapest place to get novarossi (new)?
Old 06-23-2004, 03:34 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Quote:
thanks to the people that responded to my thread!

where is the cheapest place to get novarossi (new)?
I got a brand new NS12 S3 A1 from ebay for $200. Ebay is a good place to start but you do need to be patient. I personally would not buy 2nd hand engines from ebay.

The other place where you can get engines at a nice price is from Hong Kong, email [email protected] and talk to Mr Lam.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:36 PM   #26
Tech Master

Default nova models

there are too many models of novas to keep up with, does anyone else agree, i want one but which one is the key, are all the 5 ports better than the 3 ports?
Old 06-23-2004, 04:10 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Default Re: nova models

Quote:
there are too many models of novas to keep up with, does anyone else agree, i want one but which one is the key, are all the 5 ports better than the 3 ports?
It is pretty easy man.

The latest models are the NS and the RR models. The NS is the "short rod" and the RR is the "long stroke". There are two types of pistons, CNC and microcast. Then you have 3 and 5 ports, the 5 ports have more horsepower and RPM.

Thats all you need to know about Novas.

If you then start talking REX and TOP plus IDM etc then it is more complex, but they basically are the same base motor.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:12 PM   #28
Tech Master

so what would be better for a parkinglot track the long or short stroke?
Old 06-23-2004, 04:51 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thats a very good question. In theory the long stroke should be better than the short rod motor on a track that requires higher punch. I don have a RR motor so I cant say for sure.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:38 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Quote:
It's pretty much as AMG says.
If you need to have a legal engine then a 5 port is out.
If you don't, then the 5 port is usually about US$20 more.

For a short track only, I'd like to try a long stroke, personally. but a "normal" short stroke one would be fine.

We use a NSR12 - 3 port (short stroke) on both long and short tracks as we like to be legal - no problem.

Take your pick - I reckon it would be difficult to make a bad decision.