R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 10-05-2004, 08:04 PM   #376
Tech Adept

Mspeed does the same kind of tuning routine as zac... from mild tune jobs to full porting/polishing jobs. They are good. I dont know any sites on the net though but i am sure a search would turn something up. Sorry i cant be of more help. I am running my backup os tr (t) e spec that i had full routine done on by my engine friend. It is very very strong, fast and reliable. I imagine mspeed and zacs would be the same. (edit in price range)

Last edited by rcosmax; 10-05-2004 at 09:25 PM.
rcosmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 08:07 PM   #377
Tech Adept

sorry didnt answer you first questions ....yes both zac and mspeed are japanese companies. the mspeeds range in price from 22000 yen up to 38000 for a fully modded. zacs are about the same. You may get a better deal as that is hobby shop prices.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:19 PM   #378
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi guys,

I do have a 1 race old Mspeed Modified OS TR-5+2 port for sale, anyone interested?

Not being baised, Mspeed is a crazy modifier/tuner, Zac is no way close to them in term of finishing, modification and performance.

I have run the Mspeed and race with some local guys with Zac, they are fast but definately not faster than the MSpeed.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:24 PM   #379
Tech Adept

Yeah i agree, I like the mspeed much better and they give a much better product for the same price.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:06 PM   #380
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rcosmax
Mspeed does the same kind of tuning routine as zac... from mild tune jobs to full porting/polishing jobs. They are good. I dont know any sites on the net though but i am sure a search would turn something up. Sorry i cant be of more help. I am running my backup os tr (t) e spec that i had full routine done on by my engine friend. It is very very strong, fast and reliable. I imagine mspeed and zacs would be the same. (edit in price range)
i see. thanks for the info. by the way, where can i contact these mspeed guys??? wanna try out their stuff. would you happen to know if they have a distributor here in the philippines???
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 05:36 PM   #381
Tech Adept

sorry i dont have any idea on contact info. Next time i go to the track i will talk to the owner and try to get some contact info......but we are being pelted by typhoons every race day so this weekend looks like a bust to.....I will try and find out for you.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:38 AM   #382
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys received my OS TR(p)T today and gonna run it in at the tracks tommorrow. was just wondering what setting is yuor middle screw set at? is it flush with the carb body? as mine is screwed in a tiny bit. i know Nova's have their middle screw flush with the carb body.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:30 AM   #383
Tech Elite

Quote:
sorry i dont have any idea on contact info. Next time i go to the track i will talk to the owner and try to get some contact info......but we are being pelted by typhoons every race day so this weekend looks like a bust to.....I will try and find out for you.
thanks brother...i really appreciate the effort...
Old 10-09-2004, 06:58 AM   #384
Tech Master

hey guys what is the maximum temp can the OS TR(p)T 5 port turbo engines run at without over heating the engine?

also who has used the standard head and then fitted a OS hyper head to their engines? how much cooler does it run? is it worth it?
Old 10-11-2004, 08:08 AM   #385
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
I am getting my TR R-Spec modified as I speak.
how does the engine perform after modification ?

Quote:
I have found that the motor does not like to run under 230. It seems really rich if it is not running above 230.
same thing with the sts engines, they really likes to run hot.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:48 PM   #386
Tech Adept

I have found the same thing as mentioned above. the tr likes to run hot.... (common sense though start rich and tune for performance) but you will most likely see that it likes to be hotter. under 230 for me and it isnt crisp and is hard on gas.....over and it is a screamer. Mine is moddified and yesterday won the day at the track whippin the nova and rossis and jp engines. (I had won heats and races before but never overall winner on the day, and never beating the guys that were there) It doesnt have the same whip out of corners as the novas but is much smoother and as a result was faster. I say get it and modify it and you will be trully impressed 10+ liters on mine now and it still feels stronger than ever! It can take taller gears too no problem.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:59 AM   #387
Tech Master

Quote:
I have found the same thing as mentioned above. the tr likes to run hot.... (common sense though start rich and tune for performance) but you will most likely see that it likes to be hotter. under 230 for me and it isnt crisp and is hard on gas.....over and it is a screamer. Mine is moddified and yesterday won the day at the track whippin the nova and rossis and jp engines. (I had won heats and races before but never overall winner on the day, and never beating the guys that were there) It doesnt have the same whip out of corners as the novas but is much smoother and as a result was faster. I say get it and modify it and you will be trully impressed 10+ liters on mine now and it still feels stronger than ever! It can take taller gears too no problem.
Yea im trying to find a solution to beat the heat as mine likes to run really good at 250 F. thats with the body off and a overly richen bottom end. if i set my bottom end really good the car will run sluggish top end wise as i have to richen the top end beacuse of the temp its running at (230 without body).

so after your mods rcosmax do you stilll have the same power but a cooler tempretured engine?

im gettng the carlsen head that has 11 fins hopefully that will help.

also i've only done about 15 tanks through my new OS TR 5 port. will it run cooler after it gets more tanks through it? because the compression will drop slightly after abit of use? as right now i cant turn over the fly wheel with one finger!

and guys what are your screw settings at?
as i've over richen my bottom from factory so i could lean my top... now im thinking to bring my bottom end screw to its factory position as it had a great take off and idled perfectly.

sorry about the long post just wanna get things ready for the next club meet.
thanks in advance to all comments
Old 10-12-2004, 06:06 PM   #388
Tech Adept

Brain... yes it did cool down a bit with more power after the mods. I am running the os tr (e)spec japanese modle and it has a massive cooling head. I dont think i will go up to a larger head as the stock one is HUGE. I dont know where my needles are at but they are similar to yours. overly rich bottom end and almost lean hsn. On the weekend it was not idling very well so i am going to lean the bottom a tad more. Other than that it is a rocket.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:02 AM   #389
Tech Master

Hey rcosmax,
in the manual for my OS TR(p)-T 5 port it shows a few OS TR models
OS TR
OS TR(S)
OS TR(P)
OS TR(p)-T
OS TR(p)T E spec with 11a carb ... is this your engine? if so what color head do you have on it? and how many ports is it?

i would assume you would have to lean your bottom end more that a little! i would reakon you need to lean it off half a turn if yours is overly rich like mine! but if you do that your engine temps will go way up!

Can these motors run at 270-300 without damaging the internals?
Old 10-13-2004, 04:18 AM   #390
Tech Elite

Default os tr (p)t e spec

hey...is this engine available directly from os??? or do i have to get the regular os tr engine and have it modified???