Roto start

Old 03-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Roto start

can any1 help us i am having trouble starting my nitro buggy it has a roto start every time i go to try and start it, it wont tick over just keeps pumping il even give it some throttle when trying to start but again no luck i have tryed nearly everything ive taken the engine out given that a clean make sure fuel getting to it, glow plug working.

Make of the buggy is a GS Racing Storm Evo RTR
any tips please be very greatfull for any info on this
Old 03-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

r u using the actual roto start? or a cordless drill? u could be spinning the crank the wrong way these motors r pretty simple it may just be to rich to start try leaning the hsn a bit at a time. when u pull the glo plug out u should be able to tell if its flodded if so just pinch the fuel line and crank it abit to flush out the fuel another way to tell if its to rich is after trying to start it with no luck remove the fuel line from the motor and try to start it give it a sec and if it starts eventually with no fuel feed you know its to rich

Hope this helps
Dustin