Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP nitro motors

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

yea i always run my motors on the safe side. was just curious why the bottom end had to be set up so that the idle would still be high for 2 secs after WOT.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

still not sure why you say it is bad for the engine to reduce to idle quickly, this to me would suggest it has a rich low end loading it up reducing rpm faster and as you say keeping it rich increases the longevity of the engine so this can only be a good thing.
Also it would be nice to know why novarossi plugs cant be used in this engine, as nova plugs are easily available.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:35 AM
MrC
Tech Initiate

Hi Hesky,

if you are running the bottom end too lean, the engine gets back to idel quite fast, but then does the things you have explained earlier. Try to richen the bottom end and the behaviour should change. If it gets back to idle too fast, thats also a sign that the engine is running too lean on the bottom.
Generally, the LRP engines like a rich bottom end setting. Thatīs different then on a Novarossi engine.

The Novarossi plugs have a slightly different shape of the conical part. So you may have issues with proper sealing, when using Novarossi plugs. I would recommend our LRP #8 plug. We always use this one.

Cheers
Andy
Old 09-22-2005, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Andy thats most helpful!! I'll let my friend know and hopefully we can have another bash this weekend, hope it still goes quickly with a rich bottom end, cold plug and only 16% nitro. oh and then theres the small matter of sourcing lrp turbo plugs in the uk. I mean one brand of engine shouldnt have to be compatible with another brand of plug, but the fact nova plugs are so common and readily available makes you wish they were
I use odonnell turbo plugs mainly and they seal nicely to the button heads of my nova engines so I guess there not usable also. are there any other manufactures of plugs that can be used, how about mega plugs? or even better if you know of any distributors of lrp plugs in the uk, my lhs is so so useless, they stock lrp electronic products but not lrp nitro products so there no help.

cheers
Old 09-22-2005, 01:07 PM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hesky
Andy thats most helpful!! I'll let my friend know and hopefully we can have another bash this weekend, hope it still goes quickly with a rich bottom end, cold plug and only 16% nitro. oh and then theres the small matter of sourcing lrp turbo plugs in the uk. I mean one brand of engine shouldnt have to be compatible with another brand of plug, but the fact nova plugs are so common and readily available makes you wish they were
I use odonnell turbo plugs mainly and they seal nicely to the button heads of my nova engines so I guess there not usable also. are there any other manufactures of plugs that can be used, how about mega plugs? or even better if you know of any distributors of lrp plugs in the uk, my lhs is so so useless, they stock lrp electronic products but not lrp nitro products so there no help.

cheers
Sorry I didn't reply about the tune earlier but i have been very busy.

I don't know for sure but you may be able to use the Mega glow plug as the LRP and Mega engines are both based on the Picco. The only external difference is the head size/colour and the Mega does not have the manifold spring holders.

I have been using 16% nitro and the LRP #8 plug myself and this is a good combo. Don't make the mistake of thinking all fuels are equal, I was using one brand of fuel and would go through 2 or 3 plugs in a meeting. I then switched to a blend made by a friend and the engine ran cooler, made more power and now plugs last much longer.

The atmospheric conditions, track layout, engine cooling and how the car is driven will also guide your choice on the right plug.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by B4
I have been using 16% nitro and the LRP #8 plug myself and this is a good combo. Don't make the mistake of thinking all fuels are equal, I was using one brand of fuel and would go through 2 or 3 plugs in a meeting. I then switched to a blend made by a friend and the engine ran cooler, made more power and now plugs last much longer.
ah thats completely understandable, different fuels can have completely different oil content levels and can use differing oil blends not to mention the quality of there parts. but all things equal you would notice the difference right, you would hope so anyway lol

I actually like running higher % fuels because you tend to not notice that initially lag when running excessively rich on the low end which you do with lower percentage fuels, so this allows you to run richer on the bottom end and lose non of that bottom end punch and also you get a cooler engine due to the extra lubrication the engine is getting from the extra fuel flow. maybe stepping down to a lower heat range plug as you suggest and stepping up the nitro content will help.
It really is running rich on the bottom end atm, but you do say that these engines like that on the low speed needle, i dunno, best just try it out

cheers
Old 10-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Dear burito,

Millions thanks to u that share with me the tuning engine setup and pipe selection.I qualify A main 2nd and won the NOVAROSSI ASIAN CUP race last week.The track is 220 feet long and the width is 170 feet but the LRP engine works very very well.From 90 participent i am the only one using 3 port engine (LRP Z12.R TEAM ENGINE).I just cant wait for the spec 2 to arrive.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Tech Addict

@afiq: this is fantastic news, glad to hear our support is of help...

Congratulations on your win, is there a website somewhere with details about this race?
What pipe, gearing, glow-plug, head shim did you use?
Old 10-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Burito,

Plug LRP no;6
Standard shim.
Shark pipe with Rb manifold.
Centex spring adj;1.3mm and the gap 0.4mm
Ratio;21/60, 28/52 (Mugen MTX3)
Clutch shoe;red.
Running temp;100 degree celcius.

I"ll hope LRP will design tune pipe in future,LRP is a good engine should come with a good pipe.In malaysia they usually use 5 port high end engine,now they open there eyes that LRP 3 port works very well and very cheap.One more thing burito,can u improve the exhaust gasket.Once again thank u very much supporting me for the tip,thanks also to HPC MALAYSIA (DISTRIBUTOR FOR LRP) that sponser the LRP Z12R TEAM ENGINE.

MY EMAIL;[email protected]
Old 10-05-2005, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

B4
who is the local aust distributor for LRP engines?
Old 10-06-2005, 03:44 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wyl03
B4
who is the local aust distributor for LRP engines?
Hobbies Australia are the distributors in Australia. They also have a shop called Frontline Hobbies both located in Newcastle, NSW
Old 11-14-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Talking First race, first win for LRP Z12R Spec2 in Brazil!

LRP Z12R Spec2 won in its first race in Brazil. Racer Fabian Kaloustian drove his Z12R-powered NTC3 to victory on the 7th race of Sao Paulo Regional Championship.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

hey guys, i've heard that the nosram motors are exactly the same as the lrp motors. is this true?

http://nosram.com/products.asp?id=37
Old 11-15-2005, 12:09 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by moot
hey guys, i've heard that the nosram motors are exactly the same as the lrp motors. is this true?

http://nosram.com/products.asp?id=37
Certainly looks that way.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

B4: you have PM!

Everyone:

Does the LRP use a standard size exhaust port that any exhaust header can be used on?

BB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.